• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Criticism, Judgment and Projection

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
not 100% true there's been times where i've said blah blah blah critism critism about z person blah blah maybe its because i'm like that. and the person who knew me very well was like hah! you're the opposite. but sometimes yeah its true. I just don't think any one actually has the answer 100% of the time.

also this is one of those things that falls in the same vein of you let yourself get angry over that. but as soon as i try that same line on someone else its all my fault. its away to take the blame off of the person who is actually the problem. I'm not saying its not my fault. but i'm saying the fact that the other person gets completely absolved from blame. because they're prettier and smarter and can get away with cheating

Mane

Permabanned
It certainly happens: Whenever someone negatively criticizes another for projecting - thus blaming the other for avoiding responsibility - usually just after having their own actions and behavior criticized by and thankfully concluding they need not take responsibility for it because the other is projecting... Chances are, there is certainly some projection taking place.

Be warned: The OP in particular and the little club he belongs too (modbox), are going to be subject to increasingly more and more unfair psychological projection.

Poor bastards :(

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
The missing joint in the system is education.

Sadly, many people are stupid, they can't even make difference between "objective" and "subjective".

They're also a mirror away from being emo.

Codex

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Maybe they are hypersensitive due to their own insecurities? Maybe they want to place a comparison which places them in favorable light?
Humans are going to be critical; especially if it is something they know a thing or two about.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find that objectivity is such an uncommon thing in us, especially when it comes to interpersonal dealings, that I'm rarely really offended when someone accuses me of this. It offers me insight, whether they are correct or no.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Projection makes sense as a psychological phenomenon, a scary shadowy monster that lurks beneath the surface and rises to the surface only when such-and-such personal button is pressed; we're afraid of that monster ourselves, and also self-actualization helps us come to terms with it, and so on whatever

But I'm trying to think of any time, at all, when I've actually witnessed projection. I'm coming up empty.

Virtually always, I've only seen the more shallow type of criticism. Like, actual criticism of a trait that the target actually doesn't have: an orderly person criticizing a less orderly person as 'disorderly,' a passive person criticizing a less passive person as 'bossy,' etc.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Evil and a Heathen
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There was an earlier post that I deleted because the full content of it would have derailed the thread, possibly.

Nevertheless, my basic feeling is this:

I consider myself pretty open to criticism, especially when compared with the majority of people I run into. I'm not perfect in this regard. I do, however, have little interest in adhering to the standards of people who I feel aren't being honest with themselves. That tends to be an uphill battle, anyway.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There was an earlier post that I deleted because the full content of it would have derailed the thread, possibly.

Nevertheless, my basic feeling is this:

I consider myself pretty open to criticism, especially when compared with the majority of people I run into. I'm not perfect in this regard. I do, however, have little interest in adhering to the standards of people who I feel aren't being honest with themselves. That tends to be an uphill battle, anyway.

I find this statement utterly puzzling, I suspect my crystal Fi heart is unable to process this.