• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cold war 2.0

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
It could be that the media is paying more attention lately, but it seems there have been an unusual number of natural gas facility explosions/fires recently. Could be the war has heated up to the outright sabotage stage.

Natural gas plummets as Freeport delays facility restart following explosion​

TUE, JUN 14 2022
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/14/nat...ays-facility-restart-following-explosion.html

Russia’s Largest Gas Field On Fire After Pipe Bursts​

Jun 16, 2022
https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-...gest-Gas-Field-On-Fire-After-Pipe-Bursts.html

The latest one was yesterday in Oklahoma:

Evacuations urged after 'major fire' ignites at natural gas plant in Oklahoma​

Jul 10, 2022
https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/t...s-at-natural-gas-plant-in-oklahoma/ar-AAZpjVm

Last edited:

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Yeap, there evidently seem to be people who rise hell far behind Russia's front lines in Ukraine. Although this is probably fairly diverse bunch since they are all probably doing it due to somewhat different motives.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

Blowing up a number of weapon supplies that belonged to the invasion force was a pretty big hit. If something opens the path to the counter attack it will be stuff like this.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
EU Parliament elections projection

The war in Ukraine has evidently pushed things to the right. Therefore now center right EPP is evidently in the lead once again. Plus there are some elections coming, so Italy, Spain, Sweden and Latvia have realistic chance to turn fairly hardly to the right. When compared to where they are now.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Mattarella just refused to accept Draghi’s letter of resignation. Now what?

Yeah, I am just reading something about all this. I mean your guess is probably as good as mine. Italy has unstable politics for decades, so this isn't that new situation. However in the current global situation this will probably be a problem. If we consider how the parliament looks like right now I would place my bet that there will be snap elections in the fall.

The 5 stars simply have too many seats despite people jumping that ship (about a 1/3 of parliament). So if the coalition brakes that means that you are left with mix that is center left, center right and far far right. Plus they will have fairly narrow margin in the parliament. In other words that is pretty ungovernable mix. It kinda worked with everyone on board for the sake of the country, until now. Therefore if 5 stars is really out my bet is on snap elections. After all regular elections are close and should be in next spring. So you can speed things up and just end the current parliament that is evident mess.