• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cold war 2.0

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
The new theater is supposed to be Africa. I doubt it will be overlooked for long.

I have my doubts about that. For years they are saying that and the fact is that if 200 000 dies in some part of Africa due to some civil war or starvation you have to search around for the details about that. Therefore I am fairly sure this will stay to be generally overlooked (at least in media).

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
When prime minister sands down as leader of their party they are still PM until there is a replacement as constitutionally there has to be a PM at all times. Once the leadership contest is over in a few months, Boris will meet the Queen to resign and advise who he think has confidence of the House of Commons ( in other words, the new Tory leader as the party have massive majority). The big question is can he survive until September as a lame duck PM as he has no goodwill whatsoever ever left from MPs in his own party.

Unlike after Blair and May there is no obvious successor. Basically anyone with 8 Tory nominees can run for leader and essentially PM, Tory MPs whittle it down to two and then all the party membership vote on final two. There are about 10 MP who are realistically have chance but otherwise might just run for the sake of it: Rishi Sunak, Ben Wallace, Nadhim Zahawi, Penny Mordaunt, Dominic Rab, Liz Truss, Tom Tugendhat, Steve Barker, and Jeremy Hunt realistically have chance.

Up until 6 months ago Sunak would have been red hot favourite but he got badly damaged over tax affairs and keeping his American visa while in government. The reason Ben Wallace is favourite is he is boring, party loyalist, professional, and hardworking so he controversial option but most members of party and public have no idea who he is. So he could easily get knocked out of race straight away if his campaign doesn't hit ground running.

Last edited:

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I have my doubts about that. For years they are saying that and the fact is that if 200 000 dies in some part of Africa due to some civil war or starvation you have to search around for the details about that. Therefore I am fairly sure this will stay to be generally overlooked (at least in media).
Generally Overlooked is the new media mission statement. I have no doubts that. most of the world powers might all be distracted rn with their culture wars and slides into authoritarianism. But China seems to be still out doing their shopping while everyone else plays warhawk games or flirts with civil war. We're reaching a level of political gaming thats starting to feel like conquest by distraction. All china really has to do to advance itself on the stage is not get in its own way like heh it seems like the rest of the world is doing.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Generally Overlooked is the new media mission statement. I have no doubts that. most of the world powers might all be distracted rn with their culture wars and slides into authoritarianism. But China seems to be still out doing their shopping while everyone else plays warhawk games or flirts with civil war. We're reaching a level of political gaming thats starting to feel like conquest by distraction. All china really has to do to advance itself on the stage is not get in its own way like heh it seems like the rest of the world is doing.

Of course, this is exactly why I am against pretty much everything that is "rocking the boat". Since globally we need as unified front as we can get. After all there is simply a way too many divisions and shenanigans that all of this is pure coincidence that came to be on it's own. We are indeed in the new 1939 or 1945, depending on how you look at it. Therefore everyone on their own and in their own cultural bubble isn't a winning strategy. As everyone knows it from the movies: it will take a coalition to bring down Mordor.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
He died. Assassinated by a disgruntled former soldier.

Somehow you don't expect to see something like that happen in Japan.
From what I read, the firearm was the only one civilians could obtain in Japan and likely modified (would make sense if the shooter was ex-military).

Hard to feel much sympathy though. Abe was a right wing nationalist and uber apologist for every atrocity committed by the Japanese during WWII.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
From what I read, the firearm was the only one civilians could obtain in Japan and likely modified (would make sense if the shooter was ex-military).

Hard to feel much sympathy though. Abe was a right wing nationalist and uber apologist for every atrocity committed by the Japanese during WWII.

I know, that is exactly why I am curious over who did this.