• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Are INFJs jealous of INFPs?

RosieJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Sorry to jump in, but in case of INFJs, when you have to choose between harmony and values, two things can happen:

1. Depression. Common with Fe doms, who usually go through the 5 stages of grief: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.
2. Ni-Ti looping. The equivalent of bluescreening. Usually leads to point 1 but may also lead to point 3.
3. Fi kicks in and you're saved. Sort of. Kinda. INFJs usually have a nice bag of good Fi somewhere after the primary Ni and secondary Fe cognitive functions. It's something that all INFJs posses, but not all have the same amount of Fi.

I personally go with the fuck all attitude and seek another group to join by association, but not by assimilation. I know, not very Fe, but being a Fe user all my life, I've learned that sometimes, you gotta think too, not just feel. You have to reach a balance between your values and the values of the group. You should not sacrifice your good values just for the sake of belonging. You will belong, but you will become depressed. The thing is, you would have become depressed even if you didn't join the group and suffered of isolation, but at least your values would have been spared the indignity of being trashed.

That's interesting. I think that shows a clear distinction between Fe and Fi. As an Fi user, I typically don't need to share the rest of the group's values to feel like I belong. A healthy friendship group for me would be one where everyone respects each other's personal values. Feeling like I 'belong' comes when I'm in a group that truly understands and appreciates me. But I get with Fe's need to spread and share values, you would feel differently.

RosieJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Not really jealous over INFPs, just that I wish I had their resilience when it comes to hard times, I do admire their optimism. :D

Thank you - I'm quite proud of my optimism after a really bad test mark. I admire INFJs' polished-ness and approachability.