• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I really an INFP?

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been reading of posts lately on this forum that say a lot of INFPs are actually mistyped; so here's the question: Do you think I'm an INFP?

(Disclaimer: I'm still recovering from panic disorder coexisting with agoraphobia.)

I'm nearly 21 if that helps.

Energy: I'm a very low energy person, unless you give me something to do or talk about that I'm passionate for; then I can go on forever. I can socialize in a group for about an hour or two before I need to go away by myself, which usually
involves listening to sad music, taking photos or browsing the internet with no real aim other to gain random knowledge that I'll never actually use in a practical sense. I generally dislike parties or social functions. I prefer to step back and just watch people how people act in their immediate environment. I think social norms and ques are strange and superficial. I get overwhelmed very easily in places like night clubs or music venues which usually leads to an anxiety attack.

Social: I just want everyone to get along with each other without any drama. I strongly dislike conflict. I don't see the point in pointless confrontations or violence when I can see how it easily it could be resolved if everyone respected different viewpoints. I dislike fake people, manipulative people, narcissistic people, people who are overly dramatic, authoritative, edgy or have an ulterior motive. I can instantly see straight through them without really knowing why. There's no logical step by step to it. I "just know". I used to have trouble standing up for myself but I learned the hard way that people will just continue walking over me or manipulating me unless I did something. So I forced myself to become assertive, as much as I dislike it. It feels like I'm going against a deeply held idea that everyone should just be able to do whatever without being told what to do. I believe every single human being should be equal and nobody is better than anyone else.

Intellect: I'm definitely intuitive. I'm curious about EVERYTHING. I can't stop thinking or feeling ever. It frustrates me sometimes. I have this constant drive to understand how my external environment works. I spend too much time in my own head, dreaming of things that other people would perhaps see as impractical or out of touch. I'm really scattered a lot of the time. I wish I had the mind of an INTJ. If you asked me what I'm thinking at any given point, there's no way I'd be able to explain it in a limited amount of words. There's too much going on in my head, constantly. I can't pin down a lot of the thought trails I have and they tend to go quickly from one thing to another and I'll often end up thinking something completely different to what I started with.

Emotion: Well I used to be incredibly sensitive, but I believe I was unhealthy during that time. I was also too nice. I have a lot of trouble expressing my emotions directly and clearly. (I don't know why.) I tend to drop hints instead or I just expect people to know how they've wronged me or made me stressed or whatever. It's either because I don't have the energy to explain, or I don't completely understand my own feelings or how to express them coherently or I don't want to make the other person feel like crap. I used to have a lot of trouble accepting criticism, I believed that people who criticized me were simply going out of their way to put me down. However now I take a step back and take it objectively.

Jobs: I'm fiercely independent and ambitious. I want to specialize in severe weather research, either in Europe or the U.S but at the moment it's like there's an invisible barrier in my brain that's stopping me from fully acting upon it. I've considered psychology because I love reading people and helping them but I feel that I'd never be doing enough in that profession for it to be worthy and it would be a wasted cause; I'd die without fulfilling my life. I've also considered photography as a job, but it's a hobby I absolutely love, it's my creative outlet, my relief from the rigid structure of the world and I think doing it as a career would ruin the love I have for it. Also I don't have the marketing skills and people say I sell myself short.

Appearance: I don't really care about fashion. I'm not a materialistic person at all. My life's possessions can be packed into 2 suitcases. Clothes are objects that prevent society from being offended at the sight of a publicly naked person and nothing more. Most of the time I don't care what I wear and I'm oblivious or indifferent to what people think of it.

Morals: I have strong morals, which I don't really realize how strong they are until someone crosses them. I value honesty, individualism, integrity, selflessness, loyalty and kindness. I don't follow traditions though. I do what I want, I live by my own principles, I expect other people to do the same and I absolutely despise people who question my morals or my integrity as a person. Otherwise, I don't believe in judging people unless they criticize my values first.

Organization: I used to have major problems with organization. I still dislike it in general, it's something I've forced myself to acquire because I can't see myself getting through university and getting a career in science without developing organizational skills.
I also organize better when I stressed. I tend to sort and tidy my work areas as a way of coping, why I don't know.

Hope that helps!

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

morganelise48

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
You sound quite INFJ-like. As an INFJ, I 'feel' a lot. I'm also very introspective... just the way I am is different than an Fi (and that's probably a big reason I'm so stressed, because I'm not good at it lol.) This has made me question my typing, myself.

The first half of your posted sounded exactly like me... however the second half shouted INFP.

Moral of the story.. sorry that this probably did not help one bit haha.

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haha, my older brother is an INFJ and sometimes I type as INFJ after being around him because his systematic, step-by-step approach to life rubs off on me. Plus he has very well developed Ti for a feeling type.

On humanmetrics.com I type as INTP. On 16personalities.com I type as INFP-A. I did a Jungian Cognitive functions test on SimilarMinds.com and got this:
jung.jpg

HELP I DON'T KNOW WHO I AM ANYMORE

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah you're an INFP most likely.