• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I INFP or INTJ?

danseternite

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
4&5
Test results wise, you lean more NT, but that does not mean much. It all really depends what drives you from day to day.

For S/N, Are you present oriented, focused on the now the opportunities presented (Se), and seeing where things will go from that (Ni)? Or are you more driven by possibilities, seeing what could be done (removed from current reality, Ne) in regard to what was done in the past (Si)

I use this scenario when trying to identify T/F.

Ti/Fe :This is logically consistent to me (Ti), but what value do others place on it (Fe)? [This is stupid, I don't want to go along with it]
Te/Fi :This way gets results and is efficient (Te), but is it the right thing to do (Fi)? [The end justifies the means]

Vice Versa

Fe/Ti: Well, if everyone agrees with this, I guess it's fine (Fe), but I just don't know about the logical soundness (Ti)
Fi/Te: This feels like the right thing to me (Fi), I know this is not productive, but still (Te)

Thanks Mayflower! Your descriptions are great and clear. But after identifying with your descriptions, I think the results I've got before are correct in relation to my daily drive. I have high Fi, Ni and Ti, followed by Ne, and then moderate Si and Te. My Se and Fe are the poorest. I am certain I use Fi/Ti in addition to Ni, because my Ti is much higher than Te, my Fi is one of the highest while my Fe hits the bottom.

What does it mean if I use Fi/Ti rather than Ti/Fe and Te/Fi? Must I be unbalanced/in a loop just because I don't use Ti/Fe and Te/Fi? Because I saw people saying that in other posts. I can foresee that my Ti and Ni will be stronger because I am driven by Ti and Ni in work. My Te will also increase a bit because results and efficiency are of high value in my work. So I will prone to be more N/T. My Fi will still be strong but it will be suppressed.

Social interaction, work and Ni user wise, I think I am INTJ. Emotional intensity, relationship and Fi user wise, I think I am inFP. Ti user wise, I seem like INTP. These are really what drives me. I am not confused by my functions, but by the stereotype of MBTI types that everyone must fit into one type and its according functions.

According to the pattern of my processes, right now I likely use:

Dominant (the process I lead with): Fi
Auxiliary (the process I use in a supportive way): Ni & Ti
Tertiary (the process I use in a relief-giving way): Ne & Si
Inferior (what I aspire to): Te

As you can see, I think I have two functions in one process, because I think they are equally strong. I consider Se and Fe my shadow processes because I am not actively using them. Everyone has 4 functions, 2 introverted, 2 extroverted. I do have 2 extroverted functions although they are both in the tertiary and inferior.

However, I think my mind is very complicated. It is very tiring to adapt to reality with a complicated mind. Maybe I used too many introverted functions. I think being an INTJ can help me be more effective and energetic. To be an INTJ, it means I need to improve my Se and Te. With these two developed extroverted functions, I will be able to cope with reality better. (I don't consider INTP and INFP because I don't like the Fe in INTP and I don't like the Si in INFP.)

Can you comment on that? Thank you!!!:)

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thanks Mayflower! Your descriptions are great and clear. But after identifying with your descriptions, I think the results I've got before are correct in relation to my daily drive. I have high Fi, Ni and Ti, followed by Ne, and then moderate Si and Te. My Se and Fe are the poorest. I am certain I use Fi/Ti in addition to Ni, because my Ti is much higher than Te, my Fi is one of the highest while my Fe hits the bottom.

What does it mean if I use Fi/Ti rather than Ti/Fe and Te/Fi? Must I be unbalanced/in a loop just because I don't use Ti/Fe and Te/Fi? Because I saw people saying that in other posts. I can foresee that my Ti and Ni will be stronger because I am driven by Ti and Ni in work. My Te will also increase a bit because results and efficiency are of high value in my work. So I will prone to be more N/T. My Fi will still be strong but it will be suppressed.

Social interaction, work and Ni user wise, I think I am INTJ. Emotional intensity, relationship and Fi user wise, I think I am inFP. Ti user wise, I seem like INTP. These are really what drives me. I am not confused by my functions, but by the stereotype of MBTI types that everyone must fit into one type and its according functions.

According to the pattern of my processes, right now I likely use:

Dominant (the process I lead with): Fi
Auxiliary (the process I use in a supportive way): Ni & Ti
Tertiary (the process I use in a relief-giving way): Ne & Si
Inferior (what I aspire to): Te

As you can see, I think I have two functions in one process, because I think they are equally strong. I consider Se and Fe my shadow processes because I am not actively using them. Everyone has 4 functions, 2 introverted, 2 extroverted. I do have 2 extroverted functions although they are both in the tertiary and inferior.

However, I think my mind is very complicated. It is very tiring to adapt to reality with a complicated mind. Maybe I used too many introverted functions. I think being an INTJ can help me be more effective and energetic. To be an INTJ, it means I need to improve my Se and Te. With these two developed extroverted functions, I will be able to cope with reality better. (I don't consider INTP and INFP because I don't like the Fe in INTP and I don't like the Si in INFP.)

Can you comment on that? Thank you!!!:)

First I put each function is categories

Pi: Si and Ni
Both deal with the subjective impression of "What is" of reality. Think of a databank.
Ni gives meaning and insight from what is (Se) Keeps Se from being careless.
Si gives recollections and sensations of what is. Si anchors Ne from getting to out of hand.

Pe: Se and Ne
These are what grab your attention the most in the external world.
Se desires the greatest experience of reality.
Ne desires what has the greatest amount possibilities.

Ji: Ti and Fi
These act like filters to what one accepts or agrees to.
Ti will go along if it adhere to their personal internal logic
Fi will go along if it seems right or good to them.

Je: Te and Fe
I call these "control" or "appeasement" functions
Te will tell Fi to put aside it's personal wants or values for the sake of external progress or results.
Fe will tell Ti to put aside their adherence to personal logic to go along with the external values.

According to your K2C results you are quite INTP. It has a habit of overpowering Fi. But you are better than any test. What are you like when at your best, without undue stress and external forces? In that situation lies your true preference.