• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I an ISFJ or something else? Please type me.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hello there.
I am not 100% knowledgeable on cognitive functions, so you'll have to forgive me if I am going to read you wrongly, but I'll try my best.

This is not Si, which is what ISFJs mainly use. What you are using is either Ne or Ni, making you a xNxx type rather than a xSxx type.
Description of Ne
Description of Ni

Which one strikes you as yourself?

This may be a rejection of anything Si-dominating, and I am trying not to stereotype, but Si-doms and people who use Si in general enjoy being sentimental in a way, though I could be wrong in my assumptions. But that's the gist of it whenever I hear or see them talk about certain things.

:notype: but that means, statistically speaking, you are more of an inward person (introvert) than you are of an outward person (extravert).

Introvert.

What you are describing does sound like Fe, but here are descriptions and you can make the final call yourself:
Description of Fe
Description of Fi

Same here. With this in mind, that would make you an Intuitive type rather than a Sensor. Again, am trying not to jump to conclusions or reaching them through stereotyping, but xNxx types hate excessive details.

Could be your Ni working here.

Ni.

Ti.

:notype: but this may point to you as being an introvert, definitely.

Fe.

This sounds like Ne to me.

The more I'm reading all of this, the more I am convinced that you are not an ISFJ. Not that they won't or cannot enjoy theories and concepts, but what you wrote points to you being an Intuitive type above all.

Inferior Se.

:notype:, although based on statisitics, its usually INxx types who are more likely to get diagnosed (or at least have people be suspicious of you having) with autism or asperger's.

Fe, fe, fe.

I want to say this is a Ni-Fe activity, since its about mental observations (Ni) and applying it to your relationship with other people (Fe), but I am not 100% sure.

Introvert, though there are shy extraverts, but that is not what you strike me as.

Good for you! It is very healthy to have this sort of mindset. :) That said, this points to you as being xNxx type since you love to explore different theories, possibilities, and the things in life that cannot really be felt or measured, you know, everything that is about the human mind and what it can show you. I hope I'm making sense, lol.

This makes you sound like an NT type, but since you clearly show lots of Fe in your posts, you are thus an INFx type.

Introvert.

Hmm. This rejection to the societal mundane things is definitely an Intuitive type thing more so than a Sensing type thing.

Intuitive type. I think you being resentful of the living in the moment thing is you rejecting your inferior Se, though, again, I am not 100% sure and am just going from what I've learned thus far.

That first sentence is not Si but Ni. You are correct about the Fe and Ti parts, though. The Ne description is actually Se, since its about quickly reacting in a physical sense.

My type diagnosis for you: INFJ with a logical-type enneagram (1, 3, 5, 7), or at least INTJ whose Fe seems to be popping up for some reason.

This is a damn good analysis. I agree with INFJ as well.

Purplemoon

MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
5w6
I still don't understand why you guys think I'm an INFJ and not and ISFJ. When I got typed on reddit, someone told me that I was an ISFJ because it's more common, and they told me that several INFJ are actually mistyped INFPs, ISFPs, ISFJs, and to some extent mistyped ENFPs or ENFJs. They told me that INFJs usually come across as extroverts, and I'm an extreme introvert. Like I said before, I used to lurk on Reddit's INFJ sub, and it seems like the bulk of the posters there are extremely caught up in their own feelings, and there are sometimes bizarre rants about how no one cares about their feelings. I just don't have the ability to get caught up in my own feelings like most of the people in that sub do. However, someone on Reddit also told me that the INFJ sub is filled with mistyped INFPs, and to a lesser extent, mistyped ISFPs and ISFJs. Another thing is that when I see MBTI related post on one of Reddit's female-oriented subs (AskWomen, TwoXChromosomes), it seems as though there is a huge amount of people who type themselves as INTJ and INFJ, and again, I feel as though I cannot relate to the people on those subs at all. Anytime I would post an opinion that deviated from the norm on those subs (I would state my beliefs in the nicest way possible), the users would get highly offended and super sensitive, as if I that intruded on their own personal belief system. Offending these people makes me feel extremely upset, because I never intentionally set out to hurt people. I feel misunderstood when I visit those subs, and I've felt misunderstood and

I just want to be sure I'm an INFJ, because I want to type my self correctly. Are there any more ways to tell if I'm an INFJ or ISFJ? Is it likely that reddit as a whole is wildly mistyped, and that I may actually be an INFJ, because several of the INFJs I've run across on seem to become extremely enraged and upset if an opinion does not fit in their personal belief style, and I find the way how some of them debate to be extremely combative and upset, or it just has this aura of "how dare you offend me", when I'm nothing like this. Is it possible that several people who want to feel special label themselves as INFJ, which makes actual INFJs confused if they are INFJs, and often wonder if they are something else, like INTJ, ISFJ, ENFJ, or even ENFP, thus causing them to mistype themselves? I'm just wondering, because I'm not extremely set on the whole INFJ thing, because they are so rare. Or maybe I just have a bad perception of most them, due to my experiences with most alleged INFJs on reddit, and I'm just having this strange need to not associate myself with them, even though I may actually be one of them. I'm sorry for this long, winding, post. I'm just trying to get to the bottom of what type I am.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
This is a damn good analysis. I agree with INFJ as well.

Agreed. [MENTION=26674]theforsaken[/MENTION] : very well done.
[MENTION=28246]Purplemoon[/MENTION] : I'm by no means an authority in the field, but your initial post just screams INFJ to me.

Future oriented Check
Socially anxious Check
Prefer one-on-one Check
Hate small talk Check
Theoretical ideas Check
and so on...

But don't just focus on characteristics cause we all have quirks, which will make you doubt all over again. look at the functions. INFJs and their 8 cognitive functions

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I still don't understand why you guys think I'm an INFJ and not and ISFJ. When I got typed on reddit, someone told me that I was an ISFJ because it's more common, and they told me that several INFJ are actually mistyped INFPs, ISFPs, ISFJs, and to some extent mistyped ENFPs or ENFJs. They told me that INFJs usually come across as extroverts, and I'm an extreme introvert. Like I said before, I used to lurk on Reddit's INFJ sub, and it seems like the bulk of the posters there are extremely caught up in their own feelings, and there are sometimes bizarre rants about how no one cares about their feelings. I just don't have the ability to get caught up in my own feelings like most of the people in that sub do. However, someone on Reddit also told me that the INFJ sub is filled with mistyped INFPs, and to a lesser extent, mistyped ISFPs and ISFJs. Another thing is that when I see MBTI related post on one of Reddit's female-oriented subs (AskWomen, TwoXChromosomes), it seems as though there is a huge amount of people who type themselves as INTJ and INFJ, and again, I feel as though I cannot relate to the people on those subs at all. Anytime I would post an opinion that deviated from the norm on those subs (I would state my beliefs in the nicest way possible), the users would get highly offended and super sensitive, as if I that intruded on their own personal belief system. Offending these people makes me feel extremely upset, because I never intentionally set out to hurt people. I feel misunderstood when I visit those subs, and I've felt misunderstood and

I just want to be sure I'm an INFJ, because I want to type my self correctly. Are there any more ways to tell if I'm an INFJ or ISFJ? Is it likely that reddit as a whole is wildly mistyped, and that I may actually be an INFJ, because several of the INFJs I've run across on seem to become extremely enraged and upset if an opinion does not fit in their personal belief style, and I find the way how some of them debate to be extremely combative and upset, or it just has this aura of "how dare you offend me", when I'm nothing like this. Is it possible that several people who want to feel special label themselves as INFJ, which makes actual INFJs confused if they are INFJs, and often wonder if they are something else, like INTJ, ISFJ, ENFJ, or even ENFP, thus causing them to mistype themselves? I'm just wondering, because I'm not extremely set on the whole INFJ thing, because they are so rare. Or maybe I just have a bad perception of most them, due to my experiences with most alleged INFJs on reddit, and I'm just having this strange need to not associate myself with them, even though I may actually be one of them. I'm sorry for this long, winding, post. I'm just trying to get to the bottom of what type I am.

They are correct that ISFJs are far more common than INFJs and that INFJ is a popular ISFJ mistype, however based on your posts in this thread I'm fairly confident that you are a genuine INFJ.

Don't worry, I've also heard ISFJ get called the "most extroverted introvert" which I think is bs as well, or at least, it doesn't fit in my case. My Fe isn't as strong as my Si and I'm definitely an introvert, especially in person!

I've never been on any of the reddit MBTI subs, but the way you are describing their denizens makes them sound kind of uppity and haughty to me. I'd assume they're either mistyped, unhealthy, or both.

I do, however, have plenty of knowledge of the community members here, and I agree with the others and their analyses. [MENTION=26674]theforsaken[/MENTION] did a wonderful job and I agree with everything said. I usually jump at the chance to type people as an ISFJ since they always want to believe they are something else as ISFJs (and SJs in general) get a pretty bad rep, but I do believe you could be a genuine INFJ based on what I know so far.

Purplemoon

MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
5w6
They are correct that ISFJs are far more common than INFJs and that INFJ is a popular ISFJ mistype, however based on your posts in this thread I'm fairly confident that you are a genuine INFJ.

Don't worry, I've also heard ISFJ get called the "most extroverted introvert" which I think is bs as well, or at least, it doesn't fit in my case. My Fe isn't as strong as my Si and I'm definitely an introvert, especially in person!

I've never been on any of the reddit MBTI subs, but the way you are describing their denizens makes them sound kind of uppity and haughty to me. I'd assume they're either mistyped, unhealthy, or both.

I do, however, have plenty of knowledge of the community members here, and I agree with the others and their analyses. [MENTION=26674]theforsaken[/MENTION] did a wonderful job and I agree with everything said. I usually jump at the chance to type people as an ISFJ since they always want to believe they are something else as ISFJs (and SJs in general) get a pretty bad rep, but I do believe you could be a genuine INFJ based on what I know so far.

I kind of have the same problem. I feel as though I my Ti is extremely developed for an IxFJ while my Fe is underdeveloped. Could this be why I don't think I'm an INFJ, and why on several test I don't have a strong T/F preference?

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I kind of have the same problem. I feel as though I my Ti is extremely developed for an IxFJ while my Fe is underdeveloped. Could this be why I don't think I'm an INFJ, and why on several test I don't have a strong T/F preference?

There are several INFJs here who come across a T types due to having the same things you're going through with your functions. They're still INFJ, albeit the logical kind. There's also the more emotional kinds, with more developed Fe.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think you're an ISFJ. I see tons of Si rejection and Se inferior, also you don't vibe like an ISFJ. I'd say INFJ For you.

Purplemoon

MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
5w6
Ok, I guess I'll go with INFJ for now. If you guys think I may be something else later on, please tell me.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
So much of what you said in the OP sounds very Fe.

You definitely describe as N > S, e.g. preferring metaphors to details.

Becoming adventurous/sexual during stress sounds like an indicator of Se-inferior.

Si types can be very future-oriented as well, however they enjoy re-experiencing past sensations a great detail.

Also, I think social anxiety can appear like Aspergers. A therapist should be able to tell the difference in theory, but I've found that therapists don't tend to be as great at understanding people as they might like us to believe.