• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ABSOLUTELY HAPPENING: BIGGEST POLITICAL CONTROVERSY OF ALL TIME.

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not I can't get the idea of David Attenborough narrating the process by which an African American family prepares and eats sweet potato pie, out of my head. AHHHHHHHHHH

Haha, now I feel embarrassed. What is your stance on the matter? Am I way off?

I just find the way people celebrate holidays differently interesting. Like so much of the way we celebrate Halloween is derived from stuff they've been doing in Ireland for centuries.

Did you know Irish people celebrate Arbor Day by TPing trees with rainbow-dyed toilet paper?

The Cat said:
I prefer it much better to pumpkin pie which i tend to dislike.

The interesting thing to me was that it didn't taste all that different from pumpkin pie.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

It is something I've gotten burned out on throughout the years and therefore never have a taste for anymore. I don't mind sweet potato pie, though. I like more pies/cobblers, personally.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member

I just find the way people celebrate holidays differently interesting. Like so much of the way we celebrate Halloween is derived from stuff they've been doing in Ireland for centuries.

Did you know Irish people celebrate Arbor Day by TPing trees with rainbow-dyed toilet paper?

The interesting thing to me was that it didn't taste all that different from pumpkin pie.

It does if you do it right.

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It is something I've gotten burned out on throughout the years and therefore never have a taste for anymore. I don't mind sweet potato pie, though. I like more pies/cobblers, personally.

I want to learn how to make apple pie. I prefer pie to cake.

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Me too. No desserts really excite me outside or maybe a peach/blueberry/raspberry cobbler or an apple pie. non-baked cheesecakes are good, too.

Key lime is probably my favorite... but I get the feeling apple would be easier to start with.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pumpkin cheesecake is best pie, fight me.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Curious question, do you guys call it stuffing or dressing? I call it stuffing...dressing, why? You don't use it to dress, you use it to stuff. I just don't look at a pile of bread and think "dressing"...dressing is for salads.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Curious question, do you guys call it stuffing or dressing? I call it stuffing...dressing, why? You don't use it to dress, you use it to stuff. I just don't look at a pile of bread and think "dressing"...dressing is for salads.

Yeah, it might be a regional difference. I’ve lived in the southeast & northeast— it’s always been stuffing, to me. :shrug:

I grew up on Nova Scotia bread-potato stuffing as a turkey side. It’s definitely an indulgent, carbolicious favorite.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

Most people here refer to it as dressing.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

It has been stuffing everywhere I have lived. They call it dressing, because to "Dress" food, is to decorate it iirc. Stuffing is used to "Dress" the turkey, so its not just a hollow cooked bird and looks pleasant.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Cornbread dressing for the win; recipe handed down through the generations. My sister’s homemade cranberry sauce is amazing too. Not like that nasty canned stuff.
Does she do anything special to it? :thinking: We just make it the way the bag says with cranberries + water + sugar.

I have a cousin who only eats the canned stuff. :shrug:

I feel like this actually is the "who the fuck actually eats green bean casserole" thread. XD
That same cousin of mine always makes the green bean casserole. I never have it but most of the other people do.

I want to learn how to make apple pie. I prefer pie to cake.
In that case you probably want something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Magnesium-Po...B1MRYFDDBH9&psc=1&refRID=D86RVF9VEB1MRYFDDBH9

You can't call it stuffing if you didn't put it in the bird first. ;)

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Ewwww green bean casserole?

You can do better, Michigan.

Mac and cheese all the way. Tho I guess green bean casserole is... ok. But the BEST? Heck no

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Does she do anything special to it? :thinking: We just make it the way the bag says with cranberries + water + sugar.

I have a cousin who only eats the canned stuff. :shrug:

She uses whole cranberries, dried cranberries, candied orange peel (which she also candies herself), orange juice concentrate, and sugar. It’s seriously the best stuff in the world.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I’ve been taught if it’s stuffed in the bird it’s stuffing, but if not it’s dressing, and as in being used to dress the bird. However that works.

I use both words pretty much interchangeably.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mashed potatoes. I match with my state.

I like mac and cheese too, but it doesn't feel very Thanksgiving to me.

Biscuits, rolls, and stuffing are wrong answers. Side salad is the worst answer of all, SMH Maine.

I haven't tried green bean casserole but I intend to try it this Thanksgiving for the YOLO and so I actually have an opinion of it. Will post updates in this thread (if I remember).

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
large_7cc2f887-5941-438c-97ed-edce86e25698.jpg