• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2020 Democratic Party primary thread

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
An even bigger difference would be a coal miner with a genius level IQ who became a CEO of a coal company and a multimillionaire from investing. But no one wants to know about those people, it doesn't square with their idiotic stereotypes.

I can't believe I'm defending something [MENTION=20113]Tellenbach[/MENTION] posted, but I don't think the point being made was that coal miners are too stupid to learn how to code. The issue was more that it showed a lack of concern for the struggles of how people who aren't multimillionaires make a living. Perhaps you think they don't deserve the concern of politicians because they're just losers who didn't work hard enough, but there are a lot more voters like that than there are multimillionaire voters, so maybe it's something a politician hoping to win the White House might want to think about more.

Jaguar

I can't believe I'm defending something Tellenbach posted, but I don't think the point being made was that coal miners are too stupid to learn how to code. The issue was more that it showed a lack of concern for the struggles of how people who aren't multimillionaires make a living. Perhaps you think they don't deserve the concern of politicians because they're just losers who didn't work hard enough, but there are a lot more voters like that than there are multimillionaire voters, so maybe it's something a politician hoping to win the White House might want to think about more.

Someone can start out as a kid in a tiny, rural town with no indoor plumbing, piss in an outhouse, go into the mines, go to college and get two degrees, and become a CEO and multimillionaire Get. That. Through. Your. Skull.

If far-left politicians want to keep poor people poor so they can personally benefit from their vote, they can go fuck themselves to death as far as I'm concerned. I enjoyed watching Cory Booker roll his eyes at Warren on the debate stage until he'd had enough of her insidious demonizing of wealth and then said, "We need to teach people about wealth creation." No shit, Sherlock. Of course we do! Stop demonizing wealth for political gain. Stop pitting people against each other for political gain. That woman wouldn't know how to teach people to make money nor would she want to, since she likes to keep the poor poor and rant about the rich so she has a job. I find it a despicable crime against the human mind to keep an individual down for personal gain. Same with Bernie. What kind of lunatic would say "We shouldn't have billionaires in this country"? Bernie.

Unlike Bernie, I don't believe in growing weeds in my back yard so I can pat myself on the back in public while trying to pull them out of the ground. The people who want to keep poor people poor or poison their brain into believing that getting out of the hole is "bad" need to get the fuck out of politics.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Someone can start out as a kid in a tiny, rural town with no indoor plumbing, piss in an outhouse, go into the mines, go to college and get two degrees, and become a CEO and multimillionaire Get. That. Through. Your. Skull.

If far-left politicians want to keep poor people poor so they can personally benefit from their vote, they can go fuck themselves to death as far as I'm concerned. I enjoyed watching Cory Booker roll his eyes at Warren on the debate stage until he'd had enough of her insidious demonizing of wealth and then said, "We need to teach people about wealth creation." No shit, Sherlock. Of course we do! Stop demonizing wealth for political gain. Stop pitting people against each other for political gain. That woman wouldn't know how to teach people to make money nor would she want to, since she likes to keep the poor poor and rant about the rich so she has a job. I find it a despicable crime against the human mind to keep an individual down for personal gain. Same with Bernie. What kind of lunatic would say "We shouldn't have billionaires in this country"? Bernie.

Unlike Bernie, I don't believe in growing weeds in my back yard so I can pat myself on the back in public while trying to pull them out of the ground. The people who want to keep poor people poor or poison their brain into believing that getting out of the hole is "bad" need to get the fuck out of politics.

So politicians should just call anyone who isn't rich enough to go to be a wine cave-level donor losers. This is supposed to be effective electoral politics?

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Julius_Van_Der_Beak said:
I can't believe I'm defending something @Tellenbach posted, but I don't think the point being made was that coal miners are too stupid to learn how to code.

No, the point of the post is that Biden's too stupid to be President. This isn't something you tell a coal miner even if you are sincere. Hillary said something similar back in 2016 when she said "We'll put coal miners out of business."

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No, the point of the post is that Biden's too stupid to be President. This isn't something you tell a coal miner even if you are sincere. Hillary said something similar back in 2016 when she said "We'll put coal miners out of business."

biden's going to attract those coal miners though because he's electable.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Julius_Van_Der_Beak said:
biden's going to attract those coal miners though because he's electable.

I hate to say it but I think Bernie's right about Biden having too much baggage and being too low energy to win. The Hollywood elites have chosen Mayor Alfred E. Newman. My 2020 prediction is that Hillary will enter the race; it's not like she's busy or enjoys being around Bill.

Nicodemus

Someone can start out as a kid in a tiny, rural town with no indoor plumbing, piss in an outhouse, go into the mines, go to college and get two degrees, and become a CEO and multimillionaire
Someone, yes, but not all, not most and not even many.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Someone, yes, but not all, not most and not even many.

True and the biggest question is actually why should anyone start as ....
Someone can start out as a kid in a tiny, rural town with no indoor plumbing, piss in an outhouse, go into the mines, go to college and get two degrees, and become a CEO and multimillionaire

Why the suffering if most of it can be avoided ? After all strong traumas are for life.

Anyway I saw on TV a report on how people in Colorado are preparing for the crash of society due to everything that is on the schedule for 2020. They are organizing settlements in the wilderness where they will hold out with supplies once the system crashes. Nothing too strange for US but these people seem to take this more seriously than most.

Jaguar

This actually happened to someone: start out as a kid in a tiny, rural town with no indoor plumbing, piss in an outhouse, go into the mines, go to college and get two degrees, and become a CEO and multimillionaire.

Person smoking some bad weed writes this in return: Why the suffering if most of it can be avoided?

Avoided? So will the fetus kick its way out of the womb and parachute into another city to be born or what? Fuck me . . . lol. Crazy fuckers.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I dont want to derail the thread, so about the "Someone can start out as a kid in a tiny, rural town with no indoor plumbing, piss in an outhouse, go into the mines, go to college and get two degrees, and become a CEO and multimillionaire", my answer is pretty much a yes for the possibility, and for the conclusion thats says that everything is fair and all these poor people are just lazy-stupid and the rich are virtuous and all, the answer is generally no and my earlies yes dont imply yes here, and I made my point about meritocracy here (Im linking so this wont count as off-topic):
https://www.typologycentral.com/for...e-randomness-success-failure.html#post3189258

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
This actually happened to someone: start out as a kid in a tiny, rural town with no indoor plumbing, piss in an outhouse, go into the mines, go to college and get two degrees, and become a CEO and multimillionaire.

Person smoking some bad weed writes this in return: Why the suffering if most of it can be avoided?

Avoided? So will the fetus kick its way out of the womb and parachute into another city to be born or what? Fuck me . . . lol. Crazy fuckers.

I never smoked a single cigarette and all stronger stuff clearly aren't my thing.

The point was why allow people to be born in this kind of conditions ? Like really bad housing. I know I am "biased European" but I just can't help myself.
So many decades passed since "modern age" started that it was possible to have this sorted out so that this isn't "the start" for anyone in USA. Also don't forget the factor that messed up people tend to vote for messed up people. I didn't say that because I wanted to be new Jesus, it is all action-reaction dynamic in the end.

Jaguar

I never smoked a single cigarette and all stronger stuff clearly aren't my thing.

The comment was metaphorical.

The point was why allow people to be born in this kind of conditions ?

So you'd rather discuss where someone pissed as a kid rather than what they did with their life? I find that rather odd, to say the least.
And to whoever is babbling above you about the rich being virtuous, it sounds silly to me since money doesn't buy virtue.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
The comment was metaphorical.

I know, but I just wanted to be clear about this. :D

So you'd rather discuss where someone pissed as a kid rather than what they did with their life? I find that rather odd, to say the least. And to whoever is babbling above you about the rich being virtuous, it sounds silly to me since money doesn't buy virtue.

Well, if we want to speak metaphorically then where did someone take a piss as kid is actually quite important. Because that will have profound consequences on how people see life. However if you see it as a struggle because you don't have warm toilet in the winter there are decent odds that you may cause harm to the others in your "struggle for survival". You say money doesn't buy virtue and often that is indeed correct. However that isn't a coincidence, the mentality of struggle blurs vision and therefore it can keep you from virtues, because the odds are you will have the struggle mentality even if you have become rich. What is the foundation of greed that is tearing American social tissue apart. Which is is exactly why so many see greed as a virtue, since they are closed in their mentality of survival which is coming from the experiences like cold outhouse toilets in the winter.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I can't believe I'm defending something [MENTION=20113]Tellenbach[/MENTION] posted, but I don't think the point being made was that coal miners are too stupid to learn how to code. The issue was more that it showed a lack of concern for the struggles of how people who aren't multimillionaires make a living. Perhaps you think they don't deserve the concern of politicians because they're just losers who didn't work hard enough, but there are a lot more voters like that than there are multimillionaire voters, so maybe it's something a politician hoping to win the White House might want to think about more.

Correct, in the end it is just a numbers game if policies have become too black and white. Sane people don't vote for the people which make their lives harder and therefore every "fuck you" to some group actually reduces your chances of winning. Elites not listening to people at all is basically how you get open revolution. However this will eventually spill over, the only real question is if it will spill by guns or ballot (I prefer ballot).

It is sad that some don't understand that there are "alternative" ways of doing Capitalism.

Jaguar

I know, but I just wanted to be clear about this. :D

Well, if we want to speak metaphorically then where did someone take a piss as kid is actually quite important. Because that will have profound consequences on how people see life. However if you see it as a struggle because you don't have warm toilet in the winter there are decent odds that you may cause harm to the others in your "struggle for survival". You say money doesn't buy virtue and often that is indeed correct. However that isn't a coincidence, the mentality of struggle blurs vision and therefore it can keep you from virtues, because the odds are you will have the struggle mentality even if you have become rich. What is the foundation of greed that is tearing American social tissue apart. Which is is exactly why so many see greed as a virtue, since they are closed in their mentality of survival which is coming from the experiences like cold outhouse toilets in the winter.

Tell me you're not going to make an argument that where you pee = degree of greed. ;)

Sane people don't vote for the people which make their lives harder

Is that right. No candidate can match all my positions on the issues which is why it's pointless for me to register as a Republican or a Democrat. I've had Republicans ask if I'm a Democrat and Democrats ask if I'm a Republican. Frankly, I take it all as a compliment. I don't fetch water for any group of people and I find it annoying when I see others doing it. Which means I'm annoyed on a regular basis since politics tends to be goddamn tribal.