• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP--Am I mistyped?

isn't anything

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Sorry about the one giant paragraph. :/ How do you make more of those on this website?

I originally tested as INFP. I didn't really look into the specifics of the type, I just read a couple sentences about it and agreed, and when I looked up INFP the first suggestion was "infp famous people", so I hit enter and clicked on Celebrity Types. I saw some of my favorite people in the pantheon of human existence and figured, yes I am INFP, it just made sense, as well as fed my ego. Once I started to learn more about the specifics of what makes types their type, I kind of started to wonder if it was the best fit. Let me preface this by saying that I've since learned that INFP are apparently the most likely to change their type, and I've fully considered the fact that I've fallen susceptible to this. That could be the case. In any case, my first misgiving was with the P. As far as I know the last letter in the code is the least significant, but I mean, I'm really not a P. I plan absolutely everything down to the last minuscule detail, in every area of my life. I'm constantly making lists of things I need to attend to, experience, or consider. Organization of tasks is incredibly important to me. Life is not about fun for me, the ultimate goal in my life is to bring ideas and aspirations I have to a tangible fruition, which would be the representation of my life. Approaching deadlines make me tense and frustrated. All of this would lend itself to the conclusion that I'm not a P. So, I figured, if I'm not a P, I must be INFJ. Looking more into it, this also didn't fit me completely. I'm not in the slightest trusting of people, insofar as people close to me have pointed out that I'm constantly looking for ulterior motives in others and reading between everything they say. I've been told I'm very negative as well and I'm quick to correct people, to the ire of some. I've tried to lessen this but it seems to be a force of habit. I know INFxs are idealistic and I am, but I'm not blind to the state of the world. I see it as it is and am optimistic about how I can effect it and find my place within its reality. I'm deeply empathetic, but once I've considered others' situations I find myself thinking they should change their behavior or take a different course of action. People and their welfare matter a lot to me and I'm very sensitive to the suffering of others, but I'm almost always more likely to think of ways to remedy the situation versus just provide a shoulder to cry on, which I find is a lot of the time what people want. I'm not judgmental and am in general pretty understanding, but if you involve me then expect feedback. In defense of INFP, however, I have very strongly empathetic social and political values, and this leads me to have a deep concern for the wellbeing of others (non-humans and humans alike) and whether or not they're being treated fairly. This trait is I'm sure common in INFxs. I'm not soft-spoken in the slightest and am quick to voice my opinions, and do provoke confrontation if I feel someone is being inconsiderate, ignorant, or unfair. Moreover I don't value any relationship I've ever had or will ever have enough to not make my opinions and grievances heard and understood, and further I think that ignoring these things will lead to catastrophe in the end. Another thing that made me wonder if I was actually INFx is that I see them described as more interested in their friends and family and the internal mechanisms therein rather than their personal or professional pursuits, which could not be more inverse to me. I am sensitive to criticism and can be defensive, but I actively seek it out because I know it's important. I do reveal my inner thoughts and creative expressions to others, but I'm not very likely to value their input unless I respect their tastes or values regarding the matter. Regarding emotions, in my day to life I hardly feel discernible emotion but when I do am absolutely horrible at managing it. Most of the time if I'm overwhelmed with emotion I stop completely what I'm doing until it fades. I already overanalyze everything but when I'm feeling strong emotions the overanalyzing turns into paranoia. Often times if I go to sleep in a certain mood I'll wake up and think my thought patterns were completely irrational. I'm not averse to comforting people when they are feeling strong emotion, but it makes me rather uncomfortable and sometimes I find I don't know what to say. I'm better at giving people advice when it's not involving how to deal with their emotions, because often times there is no way to deal with your emotions aside from letting them run their course. Because of all this I'm not sure that INFJ or INFP fit me, and honestly am not sure what I would be otherwise. I might be either of them and am just a different version. I don't know of a foolproof way of knowing your own type and I'm not sure there is one, but I'm hoping this will lead to a better understanding.

HisKittyKat

MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
4w5
A few rules you should follow when trying to type yourself.

1. Don't type by reading any MBTI descriptions. They are not written by Jung and a lot of stereotyped Information has been added over the years. It is only a tool or guideline, one should never depend on descriptions online to pin your type down.

2. Don't read type forums and expect yourself to act or behave like said XXXX type. Everyone is different and unique within their own type. Nature, nurture , culture, environment, and so many other aspects of our surroundings will never be the same as the next. Never compare yourself to the same type as you think you might be. You have not walked in their shoes so therefore you will never be exactly like them no matter what MBTI descriptions tell you.

3. Cognitive functions are the only objective way to know your type. Study and understand what they mean , how you take in and process information. Once you narrow this down it will be easier for you to weed out types you def are not. Cognitive functions written by Jung should be your primary focus. Reading information around the forum is great, but keep an open mind as everyone is a stranger with their own personal Idea of how each function works.

4. Don't let others tell you who you are, you should be opened to information however don't diss something Important about yourself so you can fit into a stereotypical box. Just because 50 other people don't behave the way you do says nothing about who you are and what type. Don't become discouraged if you don't fit everything about said type. Don't take others too seriously either, everyone is here to learn and hopefully walk away with a better understanding of themselves.

I'm currently typed as an XNFP. I"ve known for as long as I've had an Interest in MBTI I'm an NF, that is a sure thing. I don't fit into an INFP box, nor an ENFP. I do however know I use all 4 NFP functions. I have pinned myself down as an Ambivert which means your personality is balanced as an Introvert-extrovert. Wishing you all the best, I hope you discover great things about yourself, don't take you and others too seriously. There is a lot of great Information here if you look, smart members who are experienced and knowledgeable in cognitive functions.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Let's start with a clean slate and without perconceptions. Here are some questions for you:

1, In looking towards the future, do you seem directed to a large number of possibilities or do you seem to have narrow down to a few possible outcomes?

2, Do you like brainstorming? Are you good at it? If some group were in needed 10 ideas quickly, would it be easy for you or difficult?

3. Are you late or early to events?

4. Do you find it easy to know what you like and dislike?

5. How do you get when really stressed out? How do you relax?

6. Do you like abstract or concrete things?

7. Are you good at organizing and planning?

8. Do you enjoy outdoor activities?

9. How well do you read a room? Can you easily determine the emotional state of other people?

Why not start there and then we can go on.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Are you polite and censor yourself, or do you speak your mind?

Do you have so many ideas running through your head you have trouble picking one to stick to?

Do you have mood swings, or are you more stable?

Will you do anything and everything to advance yourself, or are their ethical "lines" you will not cross?

isn't anything

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6

Thank you :) I thought for a while that maybe I just didn’t fit into an MBTI type. I find this stuff funny and fascinating and it’s just bugged me that I can’t be completely sure about where I fit. I’d love to read more about what Jung specifically had to say about the cognitive functions, but not sure where to get that information?

1. In looking towards the future, do you seem directed to a large number of possibilities or do you seem to have narrow down to a few possible outcomes?
I have plans with many possibilities. I have a basic route for my life from which many possibilities stem and I am very adamant about doing anything conducive to maintaining that path so that I may achieve all of those things. At times I'm quite singular, but I have many interests and goals that I'm deeply passionate about and do all that I can to pursue them. I would see no point in living otherwise.

2. Do you like brainstorming? Are you good at it? If some group were in needed 10 ideas quickly, would it be easy for you or difficult?
I'm good at brainstorming, but it really depends on what the subject is. I'm not always quick, and sometimes it takes me really mulling over a subject or idea to really weed out the good from the bad, I'm not quick to blurt out ideas and I always think over them. I think the easiest way to look scatterbrained or foolish is to open your mouth before you've thought through what you'd like to make heard.

Often times too early. I'm quite impatient and easily get antsy.

Ultimately it depends on what specifically. I already know what I like and dislike when it comes to things I'm knowledgeable about. Liking and disliking are more gray areas in my opinion, there's contingencies to everything.

I hate stress and often times I will avoid situations that place me under stress. While I do hate it, I'm not completely unreliable in stressful situations. I don't really have an activity or process that I use to relax, I just rest.

I'm not really sure how to answer this. I suppose I like turning abstract things into concrete things.

I did answer this, but yes I very much enjoy the process of planning and it puts my mind at ease.

No.

9. How well do you read a room? Can you easily determine the emotional state of other people?
I can't very well answer this, because I'm never really actively looking out for the emotional states of other people. It takes me speaking to someone to really discern where their emotions lie.

I dislike upsetting people I'm fond of, so unless they've actually asked me for my opinion on a personal subject that has no baring on me I just keep my observations to myself. That being said, I have never been one to censor my thoughts or ideas if need be, even with friends or family. I don't particularly enjoy conflict but see it as not only inevitable but often times necessary. People feel the need to voice their foolhardy opinions and I feel absolutely no need to hold back in retorting. Situations are shaped by ideas so a foolish idea can be cataclysmic.

Do you have so many ideas running through your head you have trouble picking one to stick to?
I see my ideas as a sequence rather than a collection. One leads to another, leads to another, and so on. If I'm in a bad state of mind, however, my ideas can get jumbled, and I need to allow myself to sort through them.

I'm really not given to the extremes of emotion, the vast majority of the time I maintain a fairly static mood. Although, I'm not a very complacent or satisfied person. I find it's easier for me to be in a sad state of mind than a happy one. I don't often actively seek out things that stimulate my emotions, so it's not common that I notice them unless they prove distinguishable. I very much dislike sudden negative emotions in other people and will separate myself from them if they arise, and I conversely will separate myself from other people if I suddenly feel strong emotion.

Will you do anything and everything to advance yourself, or are their ethical "lines" you will not cross?
I don't have a very distinguished set of what's morally correct or incorrect, because these things are susceptible to change from situation to situation, but I have a strong sense of integrity and hate seeing other people being treated poorly. I try whenever I can to be fair, and I have a strong inclination to be considerate of others. If I see an advantage, I will take it. I'm cutthroat, and very much enjoy competition, but I'm not evil. To be brief, I have a tactical mind and am not above playing rough, because life is filled with obstacles, but I care a great deal for people and would never consciously put someone else's welfare at stake just to build upon my own heap. Such is why I despise Ayn Rand. :wacko:

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
You're describing a process at the start, and that indicates Ni to me. It could be seen as Si but it's not so much bringing up data for the sake of it, it's about the process. So I would say Ni dominant. Not sure about the auxiliary.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sorry about the one giant paragraph. :/ How do you make more of those on this website?

I originally tested as INFP. I didn't really look into the specifics of the type, I just read a couple sentences about it and agreed, and when I looked up INFP the first suggestion was "infp famous people", so I hit enter and clicked on Celebrity Types. I saw some of my favorite people in the pantheon of human existence and figured, yes I am INFP, it just made sense, as well as fed my ego. Once I started to learn more about the specifics of what makes types their type, I kind of started to wonder if it was the best fit. Let me preface this by saying that I've since learned that INFP are apparently the most likely to change their type, and I've fully considered the fact that I've fallen susceptible to this. That could be the case. In any case, my first misgiving was with the P. As far as I know the last letter in the code is the least significant, but I mean, I'm really not a P. I plan absolutely everything down to the last minuscule detail, in every area of my life. I'm constantly making lists of things I need to attend to, experience, or consider. Organization of tasks is incredibly important to me. Life is not about fun for me, the ultimate goal in my life is to bring ideas and aspirations I have to a tangible fruition, which would be the representation of my life. Approaching deadlines make me tense and frustrated. All of this would lend itself to the conclusion that I'm not a P. So, I figured, if I'm not a P, I must be INFJ. Looking more into it, this also didn't fit me completely. I'm not in the slightest trusting of people, insofar as people close to me have pointed out that I'm constantly looking for ulterior motives in others and reading between everything they say. I've been told I'm very negative as well and I'm quick to correct people, to the ire of some. I've tried to lessen this but it seems to be a force of habit. I know INFxs are idealistic and I am, but I'm not blind to the state of the world. I see it as it is and am optimistic about how I can effect it and find my place within its reality. I'm deeply empathetic, but once I've considered others' situations I find myself thinking they should change their behavior or take a different course of action. People and their welfare matter a lot to me and I'm very sensitive to the suffering of others, but I'm almost always more likely to think of ways to remedy the situation versus just provide a shoulder to cry on, which I find is a lot of the time what people want. I'm not judgmental and am in general pretty understanding, but if you involve me then expect feedback. In defense of INFP, however, I have very strongly empathetic social and political values, and this leads me to have a deep concern for the wellbeing of others (non-humans and humans alike) and whether or not they're being treated fairly. This trait is I'm sure common in INFxs. I'm not soft-spoken in the slightest and am quick to voice my opinions, and do provoke confrontation if I feel someone is being inconsiderate, ignorant, or unfair. Moreover I don't value any relationship I've ever had or will ever have enough to not make my opinions and grievances heard and understood, and further I think that ignoring these things will lead to catastrophe in the end. Another thing that made me wonder if I was actually INFx is that I see them described as more interested in their friends and family and the internal mechanisms therein rather than their personal or professional pursuits, which could not be more inverse to me. I am sensitive to criticism and can be defensive, but I actively seek it out because I know it's important. I do reveal my inner thoughts and creative expressions to others, but I'm not very likely to value their input unless I respect their tastes or values regarding the matter. Regarding emotions, in my day to life I hardly feel discernible emotion but when I do am absolutely horrible at managing it. Most of the time if I'm overwhelmed with emotion I stop completely what I'm doing until it fades. I already overanalyze everything but when I'm feeling strong emotions the overanalyzing turns into paranoia. Often times if I go to sleep in a certain mood I'll wake up and think my thought patterns were completely irrational. I'm not averse to comforting people when they are feeling strong emotion, but it makes me rather uncomfortable and sometimes I find I don't know what to say. I'm better at giving people advice when it's not involving how to deal with their emotions, because often times there is no way to deal with your emotions aside from letting them run their course. Because of all this I'm not sure that INFJ or INFP fit me, and honestly am not sure what I would be otherwise. I might be either of them and am just a different version. I don't know of a foolproof way of knowing your own type and I'm not sure there is one, but I'm hoping this will lead to a better understanding.

If anything, you seem ESTJ to me...as you desire structure and a process that brings you closer to your goals. Te is all about productivity and efficiency, and I see a lot of that in you. I also see xSxJ types as quick to see ulterior motives in people due to past bad experience with people. Your willingness to voice your opinion points to extroversion. That said, ESTJ females can be very caring. Most ESTJ profiles have a male bias.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If anything, you seem ESTJ to me...as you desire structure and a process that brings you closer to your goals. Te is all about productivity and efficiency, and I see a lot of that in you. I also see xSxJ types as quick to see ulterior motives in people due to past bad experience with people. Your willingness to voice your opinion points to extroversion. That said, ESTJ females can be very caring. Most ESTJ profiles have a male bias.

I also got ESTJ from reading through those responses. Ne is there, but it isn't strong Ne of a Ne dom. Te is very much there, as is Fi. I see the poster as a TJ more than a FP.

The order could be off, but I definitely see strong Te visible Fi and Ne. Other factors would be age and experiences and nature of the childhood. All those can, of course, make a person be less aware of themselves due to superego constructs that come up to prevent pain. Usually in such a situation, the stack is right but the order is off (I tested numerous times in my young adulthood as a ISTP, but I am in no way a ISTP, and only after a major awakening and struggle could I see myself clearly as a ENFJ).

I doubt the OP is a INFP as IXFPs when severely stressed gets hypercritical of others, domineering and aggressive, which the OP does not seem to become.

And most ESTJ descriptions are highly male oriented (it is one of the top male types) so female ESTJs will not see themselves as well in the descriptions.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thank you :) I thought for a while that maybe I just didn’t fit into an MBTI type. I find this stuff funny and fascinating and it’s just bugged me that I can’t be completely sure about where I fit. I’d love to read more about what Jung specifically had to say about the cognitive functions, but not sure where to get that information?

1. In looking towards the future, do you seem directed to a large number of possibilities or do you seem to have narrow down to a few possible outcomes?
I have plans with many possibilities. I have a basic route for my life from which many possibilities stem and I am very adamant about doing anything conducive to maintaining that path so that I may achieve all of those things. At times I'm quite singular, but I have many interests and goals that I'm deeply passionate about and do all that I can to pursue them. I would see no point in living otherwise.

2. Do you like brainstorming? Are you good at it? If some group were in needed 10 ideas quickly, would it be easy for you or difficult?
I'm good at brainstorming, but it really depends on what the subject is. I'm not always quick, and sometimes it takes me really mulling over a subject or idea to really weed out the good from the bad, I'm not quick to blurt out ideas and I always think over them. I think the easiest way to look scatterbrained or foolish is to open your mouth before you've thought through what you'd like to make heard.

Often times too early. I'm quite impatient and easily get antsy.

Ultimately it depends on what specifically. I already know what I like and dislike when it comes to things I'm knowledgeable about. Liking and disliking are more gray areas in my opinion, there's contingencies to everything.

I hate stress and often times I will avoid situations that place me under stress. While I do hate it, I'm not completely unreliable in stressful situations. I don't really have an activity or process that I use to relax, I just rest.

I'm not really sure how to answer this. I suppose I like turning abstract things into concrete things.

I did answer this, but yes I very much enjoy the process of planning and it puts my mind at ease.

No.

I can't very well answer this, because I'm never really actively looking out for the emotional states of other people. It takes me speaking to someone to really discern where their emotions lie.

I dislike upsetting people I'm fond of, so unless they've actually asked me for my opinion on a personal subject that has no baring on me I just keep my observations to myself. That being said, I have never been one to censor my thoughts or ideas if need be, even with friends or family. I don't particularly enjoy conflict but see it as not only inevitable but often times necessary. People feel the need to voice their foolhardy opinions and I feel absolutely no need to hold back in retorting. Situations are shaped by ideas so a foolish idea can be cataclysmic.

I see my ideas as a sequence rather than a collection. One leads to another, leads to another, and so on. If I'm in a bad state of mind, however, my ideas can get jumbled, and I need to allow myself to sort through them.

I'm really not given to the extremes of emotion, the vast majority of the time I maintain a fairly static mood. Although, I'm not a very complacent or satisfied person. I find it's easier for me to be in a sad state of mind than a happy one. I don't often actively seek out things that stimulate my emotions, so it's not common that I notice them unless they prove distinguishable. I very much dislike sudden negative emotions in other people and will separate myself from them if they arise, and I conversely will separate myself from other people if I suddenly feel strong emotion.

I don't have a very distinguished set of what's morally correct or incorrect, because these things are susceptible to change from situation to situation, but I have a strong sense of integrity and hate seeing other people being treated poorly. I try whenever I can to be fair, and I have a strong inclination to be considerate of others. If I see an advantage, I will take it. I'm cutthroat, and very much enjoy competition, but I'm not evil. To be brief, I have a tactical mind and am not above playing rough, because life is filled with obstacles, but I care a great deal for people and would never consciously put someone else's welfare at stake just to build upon my own heap. Such is why I despise Ayn Rand. :wacko:

1: This sounds like tertiary Ne. You brainstorm mostly to achieve tangible goals, so I would peg this as Ne in the service of Te, with some influence from Si.
2. Ne in service to Te.
3. Te.
4. Si>Ne...possibly Fi, as well depending on the context of what you mean by contigencies. Are we talking moral concepts or more tangible things like how you like the house kept or the way you like your soup prepared?
5. This is a very Si answer.
6. Te in service to Si
7. Te or Ne. How well do you stick to these plans?
8. Si rather than Se. It also shows Si is high in the stack.
9. Fi used rather than Fe. Te>Fi.
10. Te>Si
11. Inferior Fi. Te dominance.
12. Competitiveness is a Te trait. Having ethical lines can either be Si or Fi...are these ethics based on personal experiences, your upbringing, or introspection?

Have you ever been diagnosed as ADHD? ADHD skews mbti tests and can give false positives for iNtuition or Perception.

isn't anything

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
VMoMUJe.png

These are the results from a Cognitive Function test that I took. I do definitely have high Ne and rather potent Si. As far as the extraverted thing, I can tell you, without an ounce of uncertainty, from the heart, that I am not Extraverted. Not even a chance. I don't seek out confrontation in any form, I just don't ignore it when it happens. I do at times seek out interaction with people who seem promising, I can be quite idealistic in this way, but quickly retreat if it proves unfulfilling. I live a rather reclusive lifestyle the majority of the time, and only like to be around people I know well, or care to get to know. I can count the number of people whom I approached for personal reasons throughout both middle and high school on one hand. I do not like being in public, and keep the length of time of which I must be to a minimum. I don't think anyone I know would disagree. I know that I'm rather knew to MBTI, but there's just no way. I'm not discounting your input, but I know this without a shred of doubt. Perhaps ISTJ? If it matters at all, I'm 19 and a male. I was diagnosed with ADHD, but it's waned recent years as far as I know. I'm not impulsive or hyperactive, but I do have difficulty at times lending undivided focus to something if I'm uninterested. If it makes any difference, my psychiatrist told me I have mild autism (he called it aspergers, but I believe that's been removed from the DSM since then).

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your OP sounds very strongly extroverted judging. It might be a version of Fe-dom because of the number of times you mention sensitivity, empathy, and emotion. Based on the OP I would have thought you were an ENFJ.

isn't anything said:
I plan absolutely everything down to the last minuscule detail, in every area of my life. I'm constantly making lists of things I need to attend to, experience, or consider. Organization of tasks is incredibly important to me. Life is not about fun for me, the ultimate goal in my life is to bring ideas and aspirations I have to a tangible fruition, which would be the representation of my life.
This sounds very Te, but it's not impossible for it to be Fe.

isn't anything said:
I see it as it is and am optimistic about how I can effect it and find my place within its reality. I'm deeply empathetic, but once I've considered others' situations I find myself thinking they should change their behavior or take a different course of action. People and their welfare matter a lot to me and I'm very sensitive to the suffering of others, but I'm almost always more likely to think of ways to remedy the situation versus just provide a shoulder to cry on, which I find is a lot of the time what people want. I'm not judgmental and am in general pretty understanding, but if you involve me then expect feedback.
This is a excellent description of Fe.

There are sometimes Fi-doms who do this, but when they do it all the time, I personally start to wonder if Fe or Te are actually at play because they are imposing external solutions onto an external problem.
Fe sees more external systems that apply to more people.
Fe is more likely to have a moral sense about how people should behave in certain social settings - what is appropriate to wear, say, and do when you are at work, at church, interacting with family, etc.

Fi also makes judgments, but there is a tendency to assume there is a personal boundary for others as something they have to figure out solutions for themselves. There is a tendency to feel like what works for me may not work for you.
Fi will also analyze global moral issues like the problems with "racism", or "war", and have constructed inner theories about morality and humanity. I think it may focus on the personal and the global, and Fe focuses on some of the levels inbetween that are cultural, familial, and normative.
Fi focuses on staying true to the individual and is less likely to change based on external settings. Although none of these are absolutes.

Extroverted judging functions with the assumption it can know and impact the world. It sees external problems and solutions.
Introverted judging functions with the assumption it can perceive the world and evaluate it as it is, but sometimes the idea of impacting it doesn't cross the mind. There is more of an assumption of authenticity - people are they way they are, the world is the way it is. We can strive to understand its complexity, but it is often impossible to change. Once again, these are not absolutes, but if a person is certain they can impact other people and change their behaviors for the better, then I don't think there is much Fi going on. Fi will try to impact perception for the "better", 'do you realize you are doing this?' It will point out inconsistencies in self-perception and behavior of others, but not necessarily to suggest a new pattern of behavior.

When Fe expresses a judgment, it is for the purpose of changing the behavior of the other person. Fe impacts behaviors.
When Fi expresses a judgment, it is for the purpose of making the other person more aware of self. Fi impacts perceptions.

PurpleDawn

I'm currently typed as an XNFP. I"ve known for as long as I've had an Interest in MBTI I'm an NF, that is a sure thing. I don't fit into an INFP box, nor an ENFP. I do however know I use all 4 NFP functions. I have pinned myself down as an Ambivert which means your personality is balanced as an Introvert-extrovert. Wishing you all the best, I hope you discover great things about yourself, don't take you and others too seriously. There is a lot of great Information here if you look, smart members who are experienced and knowledgeable in cognitive functions.

Ambiverted NFP 4 who's always known they were an NF and doesn't relate to either type? Sounds a lot like me, so I'd say ENFP. IMO ENFP is one of the types with the most fucked descriptions and stereotypes I've ever seen. Either that or me and the few other REAL ENFPs I've come across are a rare breed. I strongly stick by the opinion that the ENFP type description and public opinion is skewed from too many ESFx mistypes, as I've seen tons!

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
VMoMUJe.png

These are the results from a Cognitive Function test that I took. I do definitely have high Ne and rather potent Si. As far as the extraverted thing, I can tell you, without an ounce of uncertainty, from the heart, that I am not Extraverted. Not even a chance. I don't seek out confrontation in any form, I just don't ignore it when it happens. I do at times seek out interaction with people who seem promising, I can be quite idealistic in this way, but quickly retreat if it proves unfulfilling. I live a rather reclusive lifestyle the majority of the time, and only like to be around people I know well, or care to get to know. I can count the number of people whom I approached for personal reasons throughout both middle and high school on one hand. I do not like being in public, and keep the length of time of which I must be to a minimum. I don't think anyone I know would disagree. I know that I'm rather knew to MBTI, but there's just no way. I'm not discounting your input, but I know this without a shred of doubt. Perhaps ISTJ? If it matters at all, I'm 19 and a male. I was diagnosed with ADHD, but it's waned recent years as far as I know. I'm not impulsive or hyperactive, but I do have difficulty at times lending undivided focus to something if I'm uninterested. If it makes any difference, my psychiatrist told me I have mild autism (he called it aspergers, but I believe that's been removed from the DSM since then).

Interesting. What is your relation to routines and predictability? Efficency? Personal values?