• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Take Two - What's My Type?

Jellyfish1234

Do you mean exams as in multiple choices or essays? I know that in general, introverts tend to enjoy essays more so than multiple choices.

I know that a lot of NF people in general have an amazing imagination for this sort of thing, though perhaps INFJ/INTJ even more so with the whole dimensional/sci-fi thing in their line of thinking. That there could be something else beneath what could be seen by the naked eye is something that INFJ love to think about.

Essays or Maths questions where you have to solve a problem. I just tend to find that when I'm in an exam I suddenly do a lot better in the subject, like some switch just flicks and I just feel as though I can do maths that I can't usually do and write really great essays and I feel super focused.

And okay, thanks. For me though it's not something that I kind of enjoy thinking about (I mean I do enjoy thinking about things like that but in this case it's not on purpose), like I see something and feel like there's another dimension behind it or something, it's just like my natural view on things. Everything has a kind of quality about it that makes me think there's more to it, if that makes any sense. I can look at a shelf and see something more but I can't describe what I mean in words, sorry. It's probably just me and a weird quirk I have though haha.

Also, is this inferior Se or is it just anxiety: a part of me wants to live life to the full but I actually fear doing it because I don't want to risk putting myself in danger and I have a hard time going out there and doing something.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer all of my questions! =D

Jellyfish1234

(and the fact that I have a hard time going out and doing something is also just because I can't get the motivation for it I think, but I have always been fearful of anything even slightly dangerous like rollercoasters. Why do people risk their lives on a fast moving cart just for temporary fun?!)

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Also, is this inferior Se or is it just anxiety: a part of me wants to live life to the full but I actually fear doing it because I don't want to risk putting myself in danger and I have a hard time going out there and doing something.

It could be. I know that Se-doms (ESxP) can act as important friendships for INxJ types for this reason, since the Se-dom will push and prod the Ni-dom into letting go of fears and inhibitions and enjoy life to the fullest.

Jellyfish1234

Okay, thank you so much for everything [MENTION=26674]theforsaken[/MENTION]. Really, I can't express my thanks enough. I am officially happy with being typed as an INFJ now haha!

Just one more question for curiosity and then I promise I'll leave you alone: can INFJ suffer from lack of motivation to do things (not necessarily out of fear but just out of lack of motivation) or is this not type related?

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, thank you so much for everything [MENTION=26674]theforsaken[/MENTION]. Really, I can't express my thanks enough. I am officially happy with being typed as an INFJ now haha!

Just one more question for curiosity and then I promise I'll leave you alone: can INFJ suffer from lack of motivation to do things (not necessarily out of fear but just out of lack of motivation) or is this not type related?

I strongly believe it can be for any type, and it can also stem from other things that are not MBTI related, such as personal health.
And you are certainly welcome. :] Glad I can help you!