• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm an ISTP.

ZackofSpades

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I was dating an INFJ who helped me find my personality type. After reading about it, I can say it sounds a lot like me. Especially the whole part about wanting to fix things. My question I suppose is, what personality type(s) are supposed to be compatible with me on a relationship level? How can I "seek" these people out? Are there signs or something I can look for? I've been realizing throughout the years, that personality's getting along is really important. As much as I had love for the INFJ, there were just certain aspects about our personalities that lead to clashes that were not very pretty. I think I've spent way too much time chasing/falling for people who end up clashing with some aspect of my personality that really breaks things down. Maybe I can use this personality type stuff to help find someone that I won't clash with to the point of ruining the friendship/relationship.

Cold

And I'm sad. Again.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I was dating an INFJ who helped me find my personality type. After reading about it, I can say it sounds a lot like me. Especially the whole part about wanting to fix things. My question I suppose is, what personality type(s) are supposed to be compatible with me on a relationship level? How can I "seek" these people out? Are there signs or something I can look for? I've been realizing throughout the years, that personality's getting along is really important. As much as I had love for the INFJ, there were just certain aspects about our personalities that lead to clashes that were not very pretty. I think I've spent way too much time chasing/falling for people who end up clashing with some aspect of my personality that really breaks things down. Maybe I can use this personality type stuff to help find someone that I won't clash with to the point of ruining the friendship/relationship.

I'm not really sure about your 2nd question, but regarding your first question, strictly considering mbti types, ESFJ should be the most compatible, ESTJ is good too. But you shouldn't completely trust this and you should take this with a pinch of salt and not make it affect how open you are to new relationships because each of us has differences outside of the mbti level and hence have different compatibilities with others. I agree with your point that personality's getting along is really important. I've had a close friend for a few years already since I was really young. However, as both of us mature, I do realise it has been increasingly difficult for us to communicate, maybe because our functions are developing now and according to mbti, not really compatible.

Annaifiwas

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My question I suppose is, what personality type(s) are supposed to be compatible with me on a relationship level?

Well, one can always "join forces" with whomever you feel a connection to, no matter their personality type. So, it is also more flexible than many people would seem to think.
If you're a strong I, an ISTP with a weak I, might work wonderfully. Same with J/P. If you're a weak P though, the partner is recommended to be a J. Since most people are more on the middle of the spectrum, and not on either extreme, first and/or last letter is often said to be a good match. Two strong Es will for example be more likely to have trouble staying in a long relationship than two Es where one is on the border to be an introvert.
S/N is also recommended to be the same. For Ss, this rarely matters, but many Ns feel unfulfilled when in a relationship with an S, due to Ns need for "complexity" and "deepness". Sorry (not really), but we often find strong Ss shallow, unless they are a healthy enneagram type 2. Hehe;)
F/T works about the same way as N/S does, but it is far from as "crucial". Two Ts are more likely not to fight, and if they do, they will have a more similar way of trying to resolve the conflict.

Then again, I know this ENTJ who just can't stop attracting ISFPs. He loves them, and although he finds them irrational, naïve and often easily butt-hurt, opposites attract.
Enneagram, instinctual variants, socionics (subtype), mental health... There are a fuckload of factors in play when choosing a partner.

But yeah... ESTJ, ESFJ (what's often listed)...

How can I "seek" these people out? Are there signs or something I can look for?

Do loads and loads of reading. That way you'll learn the signs of Is, Es, Ss, Ns etc. by heart, and you can eventually spot it by looking at how they walk;) My advise is to read up on functions and their stacking, as well as the letters of course, because the functions are, as you probably know, what the letters are based upon. Good luck!