• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tell me why I'm an SFJ

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
I always just assumed you were an INFP because i related to you so very well and you were joining me in the ranks of non sparkly- non emo INFP's

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I always just assumed you were an INFP because i related to you so very well and you were joining me in the ranks of non sparkly- non emo INFP's

Let's not shit ourselves, you and I can be emo as all fuck, haha. But yes, I know what you mean and totally agree.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Let's not shit ourselves, you and I can be emo as all fuck, haha. But yes, I know what you mean and totally agree.

SHHHHH. DON'T TELL THEM THAT. I prefer to think of the two of us as 'slightly melodramatic'.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
These are my favorite emoticons, more or less in order.

:mad: :irked: :cry: :wubbie: :happy2: :alttongue: :mellow: :nono: :overreact: :bananallama:

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel like every self-typed NFP should now consider why it is they identify with that type and not SFJ, so me too.

:laugh: Wait until Starry sees this thread.

If you think I'm an SFJ, give me your arguments for it and make them good. :hi:

I have a hard time seeing you as anything other then an FP of some stripe.

Possible indicators of SFJness:

1. I care what people think about me to some extent (not people I don't like though because fuck those people.)

Congratulations on being human. I'm not going to lie; I wasn't entirely confidant of that.

2. I have somewhat old fashioned ideas about love and loyalty.

You and a resounding chunk of NFPs.

3. I'm pretty good at assessing other people's group dynamics from the outside.

Is this type related? Or more of a danger/ significant change in circumstances? You know the whole moving country new culture/people tiny all most insignificant part of your life.

4. I take external criteria for beauty and style more to heart than I would like.

You mean to say you're susceptible to the barrage of media showing us the various ways we fail to measure up to some fake sense of perfection? How terribly unique of you.

What is wrong with you people, I give you the chance to take something away from me and you don't even try

It's important to remember that the world is not made up solely of e4s. Not all of us enjoy that sort of thing......

INFP makes the most sense; possibly ISFP but you have that stable/unstable feel to you, not the unstable/unstable I tend to associate with SPs

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:laugh: Wait until Starry sees this thread.

Starry will understand me for the beautiful butterfly I am. :nono:

I have a hard time seeing you as anything other then an FP of some stripe.

Duly noted!

Congratulations on being human. I'm not going to lie; I wasn't entirely confidant of that.

You and a resounding chunk of NFPs.

Is this type related? Or more of a danger/ significant change in circumstances? You know the whole moving country new culture/people tiny all most insignificant part of your life.

You mean to say you're susceptible to the barrage of media showing us the various ways we fail to measure up to some fake sense of perfection? How terribly unique of you.

I'll be honest and say here that I don't actually think I'm an xSFJ based on these reasons. Rather, each time I see a self-typed NFP talking about how they put little stock in public opinion or in media-peddled portrayals of beauty and style, I feel like saying #notallNFPs. I'm of the opinion that you can live and participate in the world around you without being some kind of maverick trailblazer and appreciate the ordinariness of life and still be "Fi authentic" (whatever that means) but sometimes, I feel like no one wants to admit that???

It's important to remember that the world is not made up solely of e4s. Not all of us enjoy that sort of thing......

Does not compute. :laugh:

INFP makes the most sense; possibly ISFP but you have that stable/unstable feel to you, not the unstable/unstable I tend to associate with SPs

Do explain what you mean by stable/unstable and unstable/unstable!

P.S. I love talking to you, Dr Mobius. :wubbie:

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Honestly probably the biggest giveaway that you are infact an SFJ in hiding is your penchant for yummy food eats.:smile:

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Honestly probably the biggest giveaway that you are infact an SFJ in hiding is your penchant for yummy food eats.:smile:

It's true. I love food and I like to cook too. That however is the extent of my domesticity.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I feel like there's people in here that want you to be an INFP. What are your thoughts on that?

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel like there's people in here that want you to be an INFP. What are your thoughts on that?

I take their views into account, particularly if I like them and hold their insight in high regard. I especially respect the opinions of people who have taken the time to get to know me. And my ENFP friends on here think I'm INFP, which means something to me as I feel a strong sense of kinship with them.

This is not to say I can't disagree with them. In fact I've done so in the past by self-typing as ISFP, which I did for a long time (and in all honesty, ISFP is still pretty much as strong a contender to my mind as INFP.) Anyway, I don't want to go along with something just because other people want me to do it (I actually have kind of a knee jerk reaction against stuff like that because it feels coercive to me), but at the same time, I like hearing what other people have to say.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
One thing I have concluded in general that might help you.

I don't think Fi is "emotional." It's stereotyped to be (the INFP crying and pouring out their shattered soul thing, you know), but much of that stereotype seems to be more Fe. The outward expression of deep emotion, the communicating of sentiment...I think of that as more Fe. Fi isn't emotional; it's more ethical. Evaluating moral weight, right and wrong, truth and justice--like a balance scale (typically a symbol used for Ti, but I think it's more Fi). Fi, to me, actually seems fairly analytical. And it is not generally expressive. I think it might actually be fairly unconscious, actually. A conscience or compass that is harder to put into words. That's why when I hear, "I know my core values and I readily share, express, and take a stand on them," I think Fe.

FPs can correct me if this sounds way off base.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One thing I have concluded in general that might help you.

I don't think Fi is "emotional." It's stereotyped to be (the INFP crying and pouring out their shattered soul thing, you know), but much of that stereotype seems to be more Fe. The outward expression of deep emotion, the communicating of sentiment...I think of that as more Fe. Fi isn't emotional; it's more ethical. Evaluating moral weight, right and wrong, truth and justice--like a balance scale (typically a symbol used for Ti, but I think it's more Fi). Fi, to me, actually seems fairly analytical. And it is not generally expressive. I think it might actually be fairly unconscious, actually. A conscience or compass that is harder to put into words. That's why when I hear, "I know my core values and I readily share, express, and take a stand on them," I think Fe.

FPs can correct me if this sounds way off base.

Fi is sporadically expressive, I think. You need a safety valve for your murderous levels of repression, after all. :alttongue:

At least that's what I've gleaned from Jung's description of introverted feeling, which I greatly identify with, in practically every respect. Especially the part about guarding the self and its poetry jealously from profane eyes.

I think I've used the balance scale metaphor for Fi as well and I identify with that, but for me it's part that, and part like, IDK, acoustic resonance ... the strings are inert unless they pick up the right tones and overtones, in which case they buzz like crazy.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Starry will understand me for the disgruntled hedgehog I am. :nono:

I suppose she will at that.

I'll be honest and say here that I don't actually think I'm an xSFJ based on these reasons. Rather, each time I see a self-typed NFP talking about how they put little stock in public opinion or in media-peddled portrayals of beauty and style, I feel like saying #notallNFPs. I'm of the opinion that you can live and participate in the world around you without being some kind of maverick trailblazer and appreciate the ordinariness of life and still be "Fi authentic" (whatever that means) but sometimes, I feel like no one wants to admit that???

I understand. My potentially controversial opinion is that NFPs are largely full of it; in this regard. Typology is the antithesis of maverick....... if you were really a trailblazer typing you would be an exercise in futility. Which is why we have this caricature of the dogmatic liberal. Perhaps its the e4 self honesty side of things.

Do explain what you mean by stable/unstable and unstable/unstable!

I was mainly referring to the fact that while you are an adventurer of the world; there is a degree of long term planning. Perhaps not a great deal, but IME SPs tend to avoid looking that far ahead....... but that could be an e4 aspect, and I have little experience with that enneagram.

P.S. I love talking to you, Dr Mobius. :wubbie:

It's the avatars isn't it?

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I forgot Ginkgo. RIP Ginkgo. :(

And [MENTION=6214]The Outsider[/MENTION] though I'm not sure if that's because I'm like him or want to be him. :ninja:

I honestly think I'm more of an INTP nowadays, and this is me in a state of what I would consider higher self-awareness compared to several years ago. But I don't know, I'm torn on the F/T dimension, and have been kind of a shitty introvert. I'm morphing into a some boring blob; long live the new flesh, etc.

mbtilearner

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xxxx
I feel like every self-typed NFP should now consider why it is they identify with that type and not SFJ, so me too.

If you think I'm an SFJ, give me your arguments for it and make them good. :hi:

[/kinda sorta blatant attention whoring]

Possible indicators of SFJness:

1. I care what people think about me to some extent (not people I don't like though because fuck those people.)
2. I have somewhat old fashioned ideas about love and loyalty.
3. I'm pretty good at assessing other people's group dynamics from the outside.
4. I take external criteria for beauty and style more to heart than I would like.

You love a great story.
You want meaning in your life.
You are a good judge of quality and appreciate it.
You see people for what they can become when you let yourself.
You avoid conflicts
You care a great deal about aesthetics and details