• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What functions am I showing here?

SwimmerGal97

I'm trying to determine what functions I use to get my mbti type and was hoping if I write about my day, a scenarion, something that happened, then the things I talk about and think and they way I write about them will enable someone to help me. So here goes.

Yesterday I went on an art trip to London with school. I've only ever been to London once in my life, on a similar trip last year. I was pretty impressed with how well I remembered the place, from pulling into Euston and making our way to Kensington, taking the same route (including passed the sandwich shop I bought an off cheese and onion sandwich from last time...) And out of the underground. Nomally I'd say I'm not a big fan of large cities but i actually ike that part of london: the nice white buildings with swirly black details, looking at what each is used for, passing the embassies (Colombian, french, Lithuanian with armed police for added excitement). Our first stop was the Victoria and Albert museum (I've been before and I quite like it, particularly in comparison to the Tate modern which was the other place we went to last time. I just don't 'get' modern and conceptual art or anything that works on 'connecting to emotions', give me an amazing example of skill anyday). The building is stunning and really big, so again in was impressed with myself at remembering the way around. Some of the stuff is really stunning, like the Raphael exhibition...those works are HUGE and it amazes me how someone can have the patience and commitment and we'll as the skill to do that. Even though we were there for the art, my favourite thing to do there is people watch. Listening into their conversations, or just the different languages if I can't understand the conversation and just seeing the huge variety of people (two examples that stood out were 1. A group of 20-30 school kids and you have to be mental to take that many kids out into central london and 2. A young women being taken around by 2 older guys and she was in a full ruffled navy evening gown with white mascara and weirdly reminded of Antonia campbell-hughes character in that episode of spooks if anyones seen it). Our next stop was the natural history museum, which was more my thing, some of the exhibitions in there are really impressive (dinosaurs! It's crazy to think that there were things as huge as them just walking around...). My favourite exhibition was the minerals- so pretty- and the best was 'the vault'. That small room alone must be worth millions! The first thing I saw was a snuff box and even without reading the text (I'm just showing off now but I was damn proud of me) I knew it was Russian. It was beautiful, made of gold and encrusted with diamonds all over with an enamel portrait of tsar Alexander II on the lid. There was also a really cool pyramid of diamonds that were slightly different colours and when a UV light was shine on them they changed colours! And my personal favourite was an aquamarine stone. Now I don't know how carats work in gemstones but I have an idea of how much an 18carat gold wedding ring is and this thing was 898 carats. Wowzers. It was downhill from there, the next leg of the trip was to Camden markets or as I like to call it, hell on earth. I like diversity and different cultures but for me, this place was just too much. Even walking down the road to the markets there was all manner of shops selling...well everything imaginable (from clothes to bongs to jewellery and I'm pretty sure I even saw something that looked like bullets....it wouldn't surprise me. Plus A LOT of shifty business going on, alleyway conversations, people giving you strange looks that made me feel uncomfortable and a very casual drug culture. Not my sort of place at all). I was in a group with three others and whilst they were all being taken in by the 'bargains' (if you're going to try and get people to buy something by sticking a reduced to label, at least be bothered to put the rrp on as well as the extortionate 'reduced' price. £10 for a notebook! And that was 'reduced'!) And questionable food, I felt like the only rational, sensible of the group. I'm always cautious (I prefer streetwise) when I go out, but I was extra wary in this place, eyeing up everyone, working out all the exit routes and most efficient ways to get there plus keeping an eye on all of the group and wondering why there was young children there. Personally I found all the different faces, voices, languages, smells, music and colours a bit of a sensory overload. Especially combined with my minds constant threat look out and thinking of all the what could go wrong.

I don't need a full typing here, go for it if you can though. I'm looking for what functions are standing out (maybe a dominant and auxiliary?)

c-jade

daisies and thunderstorms
MBTI Type
ENFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In the beginning I got a lot of Si, because you referenced most things you were seeing with something it reminded you of in your past, be it a prior experience or even a TV episode you've seen. Later I felt more Se, but that may have just been because of the way you were describing the marketplace. Definitely a lot of sensory recall, though. Not a lot of N, trying to understand pieces or think more in-depth about them and what they 'mean'. I also get more S simply from your mention of not 'getting' conceptual art.

That's just what I noticed, but I'd be interested to see what other people saw.

SwimmerGal97

In the beginning I got a lot of Si, because you referenced most things you were seeing with something it reminded you of in your past, be it a prior experience or even a TV episode you've seen. Later I felt more Se, but that may have just been because of the way you were describing the marketplace. Definitely a lot of sensory recall, though. Not a lot of N, trying to understand pieces or think more in-depth about them and what they 'mean'. I also get more S simply from your mention of not 'getting' conceptual art.

I was going through some old posts and found this and was wondering, you talk about me not talking about looking in depth at meanings of painting. When I looking at for example the Raphael paintings I find myself asking questions (internally not out loud) like what was life like at the time when this painting was done? What kind of thing would the artists have been wearing or eating in their day to day life? What materials did they use? How different were paintbrushes back then? How long did it take? Where did he find a room big enough for those canvases and how did he paint them without smudging them when they're THAT big? What would his education have been like and what influence did that and social influence have on such religious paintings? (that's about as deep as I get) So you get the gist and I was wondering which function questions in that manner?

BeyondTheGrey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Isfj? Hints of Ne mostly not Ni. And if youre going to reply why you dont think youre a certain type, then im pretty sure youre just doing this for validation and not truth.

If thats the case then dont bother with type me threads. Be what you want.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was going through some old posts and found this and was wondering, you talk about me not talking about looking in depth at meanings of painting. When I looking at for example the Raphael paintings I find myself asking questions (internally not out loud) like what was life like at the time when this painting was done? What kind of thing would the artists have been wearing or eating in their day to day life? What materials did they use? How different were paintbrushes back then? How long did it take? Where did he find a room big enough for those canvases and how did he paint them without smudging them when they're THAT big? What would his education have been like and what influence did that and social influence have on such religious paintings? (that's about as deep as I get) So you get the gist and I was wondering which function questions in that manner?

This reminds me of a post on tumblr that compared Ni and Si worldbuilding What you're saying here sounds more like Si world building. I'll try to find it when I'm able to get back to my computer.

Both of your examples suggest that you are focused on details and that would mean you are most likely a sensor.