• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Here's a Test to Narrow Down Your MBTI Type

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION]

Interesting. Never had it explained this way. You put a lot of thought into this.

I. Dichotomies

Introvert
Intuitive
Feeling
Judging

I'm a feeler above all.

II. JCF Functions
Si vs Se: I don't know. Probably Si.
Ni vs Ne: Ne.
Fi vs Fe: Both. I form subjective values, I'm a noncomformist, and definitely individualistic, but I want to be liked (don't we all?) and I'm fairly accommodating. And I do share my feelings.
Ti vs Te: Can't decide.

III. Stacking functions
1: 3
2: 2
3: 5
4: 1
5: 2
6: 4
7: 4

Most of this is just based on the fact that I'm such a strong F.

FETUS! :hug: I will gladly analyze your test results!

INFJ in dichotomies.

Ne/Si, Fx, Tx.

No strong I/E preference, Ne -> Si, Fx -> Tx, Fx -> Si, Fx -> Ne, Si -> Tx, Ne -> Tx.

Very likely Fx dom and Tx inferior.

Most likely JCF MBTI type: INFP and ESFJ, depending on Fi/Te and Te/Fi preference.

Also possible: ENFP, ISFJ.

I agree with INFP for you. Very strong feeler, plus with your Ne/Si, INFP fits very well with the rest of your typing along with my analysis. :yes:

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
FETUS! :hug: I will gladly analyze your test results!

INFJ in dichotomies.

Ne/Si, Fx, Tx.

No strong I/E preference, Ne -> Si, Fx -> Tx, Fx -> Si, Fx -> Ne, Si -> Tx, Ne -> Tx.

Very likely Fx dom and Tx inferior.

Most likely JCF MBTI type: INFP and ESFJ, depending on Fi/Te and Te/Fi preference.

Also possible: ENFP, ISFJ.

I agree with INFP for you. Very strong feeler, plus with your Ne/Si, INFP fits very well with the rest of your typing along with my analysis. :yes:

Thanks, my friend! :) Can you further explain your J/P dichotomy? I've never, ever considered myself being a J in dichotomies.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Thanks, my friend! :) Can you further explain your J/P dichotomy? I've never, ever considered myself being a J in dichotomies.

The way most people do J/P on dichotomy tests is this: "are you spontaneous or planned? are you disorganized or organized? are you ever late for appointments or do you show up early?" etc. And I honestly have never ever been a fan of the J/P dichotomy being explained that way, because some Ps are organized and some Js are disorganized and then they just get confused. I decided to explain J and P on part 1 of my test based on how to relate to the rest of your type.

If you're a P, then you lead with either a sensing function or an intuitive function.
If you're a J, then you lead with either a feeling function or a thinking function.

By "lead" I mean that this is the first extroverted function in your stack, thus why and INFP, who is Fi-Ne, is a P in dichotomies, because their first extroverted function is Ne, and Ps lead extroverted function is either S or N.

So while it all does have correlation to the messy/organized thing, I don't like the language most tests use to convey it. I think it makes Ps sound lazy and Js sound like they have a stick up their ass lol.

It can be a little confusing at first, but I much prefer this way of thinking about it.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Oh hey, me next~!

Introvert
Intuitive
Thinking
Judging

Se, Ni, Fi, Ti

1) 3
2) 3
3) 1
4) 3
5) 4
6) 2
7) 3

Interesting definitions...

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
The way most people do J/P on dichotomy tests is this: "are you spontaneous or planned? are you disorganized or organized? are you ever late for appointments or do you show up early?" etc. And I honestly have never ever been a fan of the J/P dichotomy being explained that way, because some Ps are organized and some Js are disorganized and then they just get confused. I decided to explain J and P on part 1 of my test based on how to relate to the rest of your type.

If you're a P, then you lead with either a sensing function or an intuitive function.
If you're a J, then you lead with either a feeling function or a thinking function.

By "lead" I mean that this is the first extroverted function in your stack, thus why and INFP, who is Fi-Ne, is a P in dichotomies, because their first extroverted function is Ne, and Ps lead extroverted function is either S or N.

So while it all does have correlation to the messy/organized thing, I don't like the language most tests use to convey it. I think it makes Ps sound lazy and Js sound like they have a stick up their ass lol.

It can be a little confusing at first, but I much prefer this way of thinking about it.

Cool! Though I always viewed dichotomies/functions as independent systems. But it's definitely interesting and I'll consider this viewpoint. :)

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh hey, me next~!

Introvert
Intuitive
Thinking
Judging

Se, Ni, Fi, Ti

1) 3
2) 3
3) 1
4) 3
5) 4
6) 2
7) 3

Interesting definitions...

Certainly!

INTJ in dichotomies.

No strong I/E preference, no strong S/N preference. Ti -> Fi. No strong S/F preference. Ni -> Fi. Ti -> Se. No strong N/T preference.

Likely Fx tertiary or inferior.
Likely Se tertiary of inferior.
Possibly an NT.
Could be Ti/Fe or Te/Fi.

Most likely JCF MBTI type: xNTJ

Also possible: xNFJ

Though if you identify more with Ne/Si than Ni/Se, I could see INTP.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm confused, I am looking at the test, and I know I definitely relate to Ni/Se Se/Ni, but I stop at the feeling/thinking part. I don't like the descriptions, because they're too traditionalist in the stereotypical sense (that Fe is leaning towards being the the sheep, and that Fi is leaning toward being the selfish one). Honestly, I would be lying if I told you that I didn't do both in varying degrees (the same with Ti and Te). I know for a fact that I do one or the either when I need to. Essentially, everyone does. Everyone uses their eight functions in some form, and some are more developed than others.

Now, I'm not a god, but from assessment, research and experience, I am pretty well developed in both aspects of thinking and feeling, and am not sure which ones I favour, but I am clearly favouring Se over Si, and Ni over Ne, which automatically rules out eight types. And the fact that I am clearly extroverted in the use of my functions rules out more types. I lean strongly on the ESxP/ENxJ axis, and sometimes I can come across as either [people have literally typed me everything in the past, but mostly ESxP or ENxJ].

Moving on, people have best fits, but no definitive fits. In Socionics, I am an ENFj (EIE), which is an Extroverted Beta, and differentiates from an ESTp (SLE), which many ESTPs in MBTI are traditionally typed. My enneagram also plays a role in how I come across, and how other perceive me, which I also take into account makes me seem like I lean toward a certain type's ethos/mannerisms. I strongly resonate with the thought of being either ESxP or ENxJ, because it seems like I am pretty well developed, and have the functional development capacity to do so.

Some people believe this is impossible, but I beg to differ. I know what I am capable of, and I am aware that others are also aware of what they are capable of [and some aren't], but I know that as long as I/we keep developing our minds' capabilities, and keep training ourselves on how to use the functions in a practical manner, and can use them efficiently, we will all become more mindful for as long as God lets us live.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm confused, I am looking at the test, and I know I definitely relate to Ni/Se Se/Ni, but I stop at the feeling/thinking part. I don't like the descriptions, because they're too traditionalist in the stereotypical sense (that Fe is leaning towards being the the sheep, and that Fi is leaning toward being the selfish one). Honestly, I would be lying if I told you that I didn't do both in varying degrees (the same with Ti and Te). I know for a fact that I do one or the either when I need to. Essentially, everyone does. Everyone uses their eight functions in some form, and some are more developed than others.

I agree with this; this is why in my op I admitted that most of the descriptions deal with very black/white thinking, and choosing one doesn't mean the rejection of the other. Everyone uses a little bit of everything; the test is mainly trying to get a feel for what you're naturally inclined towards. You can have one function be more developed than another but still not have it in your "top 4" stack for your type (case in point, [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14857]fia[/MENTION]). Very complicated stuff, MBTI. Do you have any suggestions for ways I can alter the descriptions, or anything you would like to add to it?

Now, I'm not a god, but from assessment, research and experience, I am pretty well developed in both aspects of thinking and feeling, and am not sure which ones I favour, but I am clearly favouring Se over Si, and Ni over Ne, which automatically rules out eight types. And the fact that I am clearly extroverted in the use of my functions rules out more types. I lean strongly on the ESxP/ENxJ axis, and sometimes I can come across as either [people have literally typed me everything in the past, but mostly ESxP or ENxJ].

I can absolutely see both ESTP and ENFJ for you. It's actually funny, because I was considering making a thread the other day about ESTP/ENFJ. I have been seeing quite a few posts recently where people ask something like "I can't tell if this person I know is ESTP of ENFJ!" I wonder why that is?

But anyway, what you're doing in this paragraph of your response is basically what I do when I look at the results people give me. Narrow it down until I can get it down to just a few types, hopefully 4 or under, some more likely than others.

Moving on, people have best fits, but no definitive fits. In Socionics, I am an ENFj (EIE), which is an Extroverted Beta, and differentiates from an ESTp (SLE), which many ESTPs in MBTI are traditionally typed. My enneagram also plays a role in how I come across, and how other perceive me, which I also take into account makes me seem like I lean toward a certain type's ethos/mannerisms. I strongly resonate with the thought of being either ESxP or ENxJ, because it seems like I am pretty well developed, and have the functional development capacity to do so.

I completely agree with this as well. I often wonder (and will probably never stop wondering) if I am Fe, or Fi with heavy 9 influences. Personality is very complex; I think that's the major problem with any personality system that tries to categorize groups of people. Many individuals within the same type can be very different. I would love to include aspects of socionics and enneagram into my test one day, but unfortunately I am not as familiar with their ins and outs. I guess you could call MBTI and socionics similar systems in that they are both based on the JCF, but I believe they are different systems to an extent. Perhaps that is why so many people who feel very comfortable with their type in one system may become frustrated trying to "translate" their type into the other.

Some people believe this is impossible, but I beg to differ. I know what I am capable of, and I am aware that others are also aware of what they are capable of [and some aren't], but I know that as long as I/we keep developing our minds' capabilities, and keep training ourselves on how to use the functions in a practical manner, and can use them efficiently, we will all become more mindful for as long as God lets us live.

This is a good mindset. Despite our preference for our natural functions, everyone uses a bit of everything (we're humans, duh), so in order to try and be as well-rounded as possible we should try our best to learn how to use them efficiently, or at least how to handle them enough to not drag us down. :D

Last edited:

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I was very, very bored tonight, and wanted to test my friend to confirm what I thought his MBTI was. But I wasn't sure what test to use, and ended up making my own. It is very short. It is very brief. For these reasons is does not have the depth of a longer test, and therefore may not have the same level of accuracy. But if you're someone who has absolutely no idea about their type or where to start, this should help you. It should only take about 5-10 minutes to answer the questions if you have at least some knowledge of MBTI (which if you're on this forum, you probably do). This test is meant to help you narrow down your type. Instead of being stuck between 16, hopefully this can narrow it down to 4 or less (or 1, if your personality fits nicely with the theory... not everyone's does).

Note: The test is based off of my understanding of the functions, which comes from various threads from this forum, some more recent than others.

There are three parts to the test. The first one is dichotomies. Not everyone's type in the dichotomies is the same as their type in the JCF (Jungian cognitive functions). Some people prefer dichotomies; others prefer the JCF. For this reason I include both in the test. This part of the test is the most simple: there are two words. I have provided a brief description for each one. Pick the one that is most like you, as you are most of the time, and not just based on how you feel currently.

Note: Many of the answers throughout all three parts of the test make you choose between rather "black and white" answers. Picking one answer does not mean you must completely reject the opposite answer; it just means that you have a natural preference. Real people are hard to stuff into neatly categorized boxes, but that's what MBTI is. Most people have personalities that do not fit in 100% neatly with MBTI; that's okay. We're merely trying to find your most likely type(s) here by narrowing down the options.

The second part of the test provides descriptions (again, black and white) of each function and prompts you to pick the one that best resonates you. Do not think too hard into it; right now you're just answering, not thinking or analyzing. Take it slow if you need to.

The third and final part of the test is probably the most important part. On the typical and rather overused 1-5 scale, we are now pitting your functions against each other. They are battling for dominance. Is your Si or Se (depending on which one you picked in part 2) stronger or weaker than your Ni or Ne? and so on and so forth.

Once you have finished answering all of the questions, post them here and/or go to a website such as this one and use your results to determine your function order. Not everyone's fits so nicely. For example, some people resonate with both Ni and Si; but one type cannot be both. If you use Ni, then you also use Se, and if you use Si, then you also use Ne. So then how do you figure out which one you are? You have to either pick between Ni and Si (which one is stronger), or you can try typing based on tertiary or inferior function (which one of the opposites are weaker). My friend ended up being a very clean-cut ISTJ; there were no function contradictions and his preferences aligned almost perfectly. This will not be the case for everyone. This is also why some people prefer dichotomies over the JCF.

Why am I making this test, which requires you to use your brain and think, rather than just asking everyone to go to an online test that will do all the thinking for them?
Because people are complex. Tests can be very helpful in narrowing down your type, yes. But from my observations the majority of the people on this website posting in this section of the subforum have already taken those tests and gotten mixed results, and now they want clarification. The best way to get that clarification is self-typing. This is a short test meant to guide people on the path to self-typing. No one asked me to make this, so I can't guarantee anyone will even use it. But since I ended up making it for personal use, I figured it would be wasteful not to share it in case even one person out there finds it helpful.

I am not perfect, and neither is my test. Please point out to me if you disagree with any of the descriptions within the test, and tell me a way to better phrase or explain things if necessary. Suggestions for how to improve it are also very welcome. If how I have worded anything confuses you, ask me, and I will try my absolute best to clarify.

Having a piece of paper is recommended.

THE TEST:

PART I. DICHOTOMIES

PART II. JUNGIAN COGNITIVE FUNCTIONS – DISTINGUISHING PREFERENCES

PART III. JUNGIAN COGNITIVE FUNCTIONS – STACKING FUNCTIONS

Tell me what you like and do not like about the test. Let me know if any changes or improvements need to be made. Also, if you think something has been forgotten or needs to be included, I would love to know that as well. I hope this can be useful to somebody out there who needs it.

1:1

2:3

3:3

4:2

5:4

6:2

7:3

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
1:1

2:3

3:3

4:2

5:4

6:2

7:3

Is your current avatar the spinning top thing from Cloud Atlas, or just a random one?

Frosty, you broke my test! :laugh:

Without any specific function in mind your results won't be as narrowed down as others, but I'm still going to give this my best shot.

No I/E preference given, no strong S/N preference, no strong F/T preference, Fx -> Sx, Nx -> Fx, Tx -> Sx, no strong N/T preference.

Oh Frosty, I love you, you complicated soul, you.

Possibly Sx tertiary or inferior.
Possibly Nx dom or aux.

Possible JCF MBTI types: xNxP or xNxJ. Either an NT or an NF.

Did I win? A+?

Last edited:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
took it had trouble with the ni/ne question. because i feel like i generate than narrow than
because i can't narrow down until have more than 1 possibility. you can't narrow down nothing you'd get negative nothing which would be everything and you'd go insane.

you dont have to score mine. i'm pretty sure i'm INFP i just wanted to check this out. and was curious what i'd get

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
took it had trouble with the ni/ne question. because i feel like i generate than narrow than
because i can't narrow down until have more than 1 possibility. you can't narrow down nothing you'd get negative nothing which would be everything and you'd go insane.

you dont have to score mine. i'm pretty sure i'm INFP i just wanted to check this out. and was curious what i'd get

Very likely an Ixxx type, Ne -> Si, Fi -> Te, No strong S/F preference, no strong N/F preference, Te -> Si, Ne -> Te.

Very likely an NF. Likely has Si as tertiary or inferior function. Likely has Te as tertiary or inferior function.

Most likely JCF MBTI type: INFP

Also possible: ENFP, xSTJ

prpl, you are probably the most INFP to ever INFP :wubbie:

Last edited:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Very likely an Ixxx type, Ne -> Si, Fi -> Te, No strong S/F preference, no strong N/F preference, Te -> Si, Ne -> Te.

Very likely an NF. Likely has Si as tertiary or inferior function. Likely has Te as tertiary of inferior function.

Most likely JCF MBTI type: INFP

Also possible: ENFP, xSTJ

prpl, you are probably the most INFP to ever INFP :wubbie:

you didn't adress the issue with intuitive question.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
you didn't adress the issue with intuitive question.

Apologies, let me go back and address that now. I jumped the gun and got too excited to type you and then forgot. ;)

I should probably look to expand on my definitions of Ni and Ne in part 2 of the test; though I'd appreciate help with that because they are the hardest for me to understand (being an S type and a Si-dom).

Based on what you described I believe you use Ne. Everyone generates and narrow possibilities to an extent; however you said that you generate before narrowing, which is what makes me think Ne. I think that this is pretty much what Ne does; think of all of the things and possible outcomes, sift through them, maybe throw a few out that they decide aren't important or aren't plausible... but that generation comes before the narrowing, which sounds Ne to me. :D

I hope that is a good answer. If you have any suggestions of how else to explain Ni and Ne please let me know and I can add it to the test. :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Apologies, let me go back and address that now. I jumped the gun and got too excited to type you and then forgot. ;)

I should probably look to expand on my definitions of Ni and Ne in part 2 of the test; though I'd appreciate help with that because they are the hardest for me to understand (being an S type and a Si-dom).

Based on what you described I believe you use Ne. Everyone generates and narrow possibilities to an extent; however you said that you generate before narrowing, which is what makes me think Ne. I think that this is pretty much what Ne does; think of all of the things and possible outcomes, sift through them, maybe throw a few out that they decide aren't important or aren't plausible... but that generation comes before the narrowing, which sounds Ne to me. :D

I hope that is a good answer. If you have any suggestions of how else to explain Ni and Ne please let me know and I can add it to the test. :)

but you have to generate before you can narrow. if you have nothing to narrow. like if you have a problem and just got it less than half a second you probably won't know what to do. now perhaps people give suggestions (don't follow other's suggestion unless they're good which usually they aren't, and if you think they are ask what their motivation is, because if you don't that's how you accidently get scammed or join a cult) or you come up with them on your own. but the point is you can't make a choice before there is a choice.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
but you have to generate before you can narrow. if you have nothing to narrow. like if you have a problem and just got it less than half a second you probably won't know what to do. now perhaps people give suggestions (don't follow other's suggestion unless they're good which usually they aren't, and if you think they are ask what their motivation is, because if you don't that's how you accidently get scammed or join a cult) or you come up with them on your own. but the point is you can't make a choice before there is a choice.

Good point :doh:
I'm going to do a little more research on Ni and Ne and try to come up with more to add to it; it's kind of unfair that all the other functions have quite a few terms and then I only gave the Ns one hah.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention prpl.

Duffy

I don't know if the process of narrowing is all that conscious. I think the possibilities are generated subconsciously in introverted perceiving types. They see the end, but aren't too keen on how they got there.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Feeling in the MBTI and Jungian sense is not emotions nor emotional decision-making.

The "judging" label does not apply well to Introverted Rationals (ie Ti and Fi dom) because the judging aspect of MBTI is really a result of a Pi and Je mentality, not being a dominant rational type.

THE TEST:

PART I. DICHOTOMIES

Introverted or Extroverted
Introversion: having lower levels of energy

Sensing or Intuitive
Intuitive: focusing on the imagined; using gut feelings to make decisions; ideas

Feeling or Thinking neither....these are both equally inapplicable or applicable
Feeling: trusting emotion to make decisions; values harmony; people-oriented
Thinking: trusting logic to make decisions; values truth; task-oriented

Perceiving or Judging well, I cannot relate to the poorly defined thinking or feeling preference...soooo...
Perceiving: having a preference for sensing or intuition
Judging: having a preference for feeling or thinking

PART II. JUNGIAN COGNITIVE FUNCTIONS – DISTINGUISHING PREFERENCES

Introverted Sensing (Si) or Extroverted Sensing (Se)
Se: notices what stays the same; preference for the unknown; solves problems by adapting to the situation; likes trying new things

Introverted Intuition (Ni) or Extroverted Intuition (Ne)
Ne: generating multiple possibilities or outcomes and considering all of them when making a decision

Introverted Feeling (Fi) or Extroverted Feeling (Fe)
Fi: values are subjective; wants to be true to the self at the expense of being liked by others; nonconforming; individualistic; feelings are private; forms or shares opinions regardless of what others think

Introverted Thinking (Ti) or Extroverted Thinking (Te)
Ti: deductive reasoning; judges information based on principles; theoretical; analyzes; process-oriented

PART III. JUNGIAN COGNITIVE FUNCTIONS – STACKING FUNCTIONS
1 = strongly disagree; 5 = strongly agree.

1. I consider myself an extroverted person. 1
2. I resonate more with my Si or Se more so than my Ni or Ne. 1
3. I resonate more with my Fi or Fe more so than my Ti or Te. 3
4. I resonate more with my Si or Se more so than my Fi or Fe. 1
5. I resonate more with my Ni or Ne more so than my Fi or Fe. 3
6. I resonate more with my Si or Se more so than my Ti or Te. 1
7. I resonate more with my Ni or Ne more so than my Ti or Te. 4

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't know if the process of narrowing is all that conscious. I think the possibilities are generated subconsciously in introverted perceiving types. They see the end, but aren't too keen on how they got there.

Is this in regards to the conversation about Ni/Ne that prpl and I were having a while ago? I think it is but just want to be sure. Generally (or at least in my case) we're not really conscious of the process of anything--unless you're into MBTI or other personality theories, most people just live their lives without really thinking about why they do anything. When I'm trying to solve a problem I don't consciously think "I'm generating a lot of possibilities to consider them all" or "I'm narrowing down the possibilities to pick the most likely." I'm not sure if anyone actually thinks like that. :shrug:
If I'm missing your point, please let me know.

Feeling in the MBTI and Jungian sense is not emotions nor emotional decision-making.

The "judging" label does not apply well to Introverted Rationals (ie Ti and Fi dom) because the judging aspect of MBTI is really a result of a Pi and Je mentality, not being a dominant rational type.

Ah, that's something I feel like I should know by now. :doh: I'm adding that to my list of things to change/edit tomorrow along with the Ni/Ne thing. Do you have any suggestions for how to change it to make it more accurate?

As for your results:

INxx in dichotomies; I apologize for my poor wording; I'm going to work on that.

Very likely an Ixxx type. Ne -> Se, No strong T/F preference, Fi -> Se, No strong N/F preference, Ti -> Se, Ne -> Ti.

Likely Se tertiary or inferior. Likely Ne dom or aux. Likely Fi dom or aux. Possibly Fi/Te rather than Fe/Ti. Possibly Ne/Si rather than Ni/Se. Likely an NF.

Most likely JCF MBTI type: xNFP, leaning towards INFP due to strong preference for introversion.

Also possible: ISFP, if you believe you are Se/Ni rather than Ne/Si. However I find this to be highly unlikely since one of my findings was that you are likely to be Sx tertiary or inferior, and because you have a higher preference for Ne than Ni.

Duffy

Is this in regards to the conversation about Ni/Ne that prpl and I were having a while ago? I think it is but just want to be sure. Generally (or at least in my case) we're not really conscious of the process of anything--unless you're into MBTI or other personality theories, most people just live their lives without really thinking about why they do anything. When I'm trying to solve a problem I don't consciously think "I'm generating a lot of possibilities to consider them all" or "I'm narrowing down the possibilities to pick the most likely." I'm not sure if anyone actually thinks like that. :shrug:
If I'm missing your point, please let me know.

Yes, it's in response to your conversation earlier.

The way you both were describing the "generation" and elimination of ideas, in relation to the functions, seemed like you were implying they were a conscious process. Mah bad.