• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you agree?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Wooden planks are wonderful things lux. Always rather strange in their own ways too. >.>

Omg! You found that rather quickly! :laugh:

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Whilst I understand the viewpoint as expressed, I must proclaim that I am in wholehearted disagreement.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Adding more questionnaire stuff because, screw it why not? I will do ALL OF THE THINGS at once and then when I settle on a type I'll have no material left to make me question is again. :laugh:

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
Not as aspect of my personality, a person. Entropic is why I'm questioning my type. ;)

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Umm I don't really know, I'm not an ambitious person at all. Mostly I just want to be happy, that's literally all I want. Sometimes depression can make it a challenge, but I have people who are always there for me. I am at my happiest when my friends and I play board games and video games together and go to Denny's together at 2am; if I'm having a bad day all I have to do is see my best friend's face or have him say "hi" to me and I instantly feel better. My friends make me happy. So I guess in order to achieve my goal of happiness I just need to always be with them. :hug:
Why am I not ambitious? I'm just not. People either are or they aren't. I can be a perfectionist--I was a straight A student, I have OCPD, and some other boring stuff. But I'm not ambitious. I don't necessarily want to be the best at anything, I don't need to be at the top of the ladder. I just want to have enough to be comfortable. I don't need to be rich, I just need to be able to afford to live. And I don't like serious competition very much. I don't mind like friendly competitions like playing monopoly or risk... though those are arguably not very friendly :laugh:
What is happiness to me? Ummm. Satisfaction. Internal peace/serenity. No stress, no sadness, just contentedness. Having what I need, having more than that is optional. Being able to be positive. Basically, a life without depression.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Kind of sort of answered above. I'm at my best when I'm having fun with the people I love the most. They make me happy and that's what I want. They distract me from my problems or help me solve them, they affirm my feelings, and I do the same for them. We enjoy each others' company and it's fun.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Not understanding something that's really, really simple and having to have it explained to me. Being upset about something when I don't deserve to be upset because there are millions of people who have it worse than me. Being treated like a child in a really condescending way. Being made fun of or mocked, especially since I'm very slow to catch on to those things and don't know how to react to them. When people take advantage of how gullible I am.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
How it affects the social atmosphere. How will it affect this person, and how would it affect me, and what can I do to make it right? What can I do to avoid upsetting anyone? Also, I need to have the approval of my friends (who I actually consider my family) before I make a decision that really only affects me. If they disagree with what I want to do, I will either try to convince them to see it my way and get them to agree, or I will not do it (rarely, I will anyway, but not without feeling really guilty).

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Ugh... what kind of projects? I hate work/school projects. My goal is to just get it done so I never have to think about it ever again. I must have control of the outcome. Otherwise literally what is the point? I've learned over the years that I can't trust anyone to do anything the way I want it done if it's a group project. ONE TIME I had a group project in school (for a communications class, no less) that required equal participation from everyone. Only me and one other dude actually did anything, we literally COULD NOT get in contact with our other group members against ALL of our efforts, and we ended up getting a C on the project. One of the members did not show up on presentation day, and another showed up halfway through the fucking presentation. We all got one flat grade, a C. And I hated it. It should have been graded on individual effort and UGHGH. I still get mad about it even though it was over a year ago now.

But yeah. I want control of project outcomes because I will actually get it done right, and if I'm not sure how to do it, I will actually go get someone that does or I will find the answers that I need to get it done myself, and I will not sleep until I do.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I had fun yesterday. Three of my friends came over. We played monopoly, and I lost (damn, I beat them all the other 2 times) and it was seriously fun. ISTJ won this time. We got drinks from circle K then came back and played Risk. I ordered pizza, and I was seriously touched when ISTJ thanked me for buying the pizza, I wasn't expecting anyone to thank me. I didn't ask anyone else to help pay, except for a few dollars for the delivery guy's tip. I was the first to lose at Risk, but I literally had my other ISTJ friend cowering in fear and trapped in north america because they would not dare invoke my wrath during this board game. I was a force to be reckoned with but I went down swinging LOL. Then we went to Rita's and stopped at gamestop and I bought New Super Mario Bros U. INFJ friend had to leave. We went to circle k again and then came back to my house and played it for like 4 hours. I was terrible, I had 25 continues and did so bad we got a game over LOL. But we're on like the 4th map location and the other two (both ISTJs) are both so much better at the game than I am, but it was seriously so fun. I can't wait to play it again with them. Other games we've played together are Pokemon Master Trainer, Mario Kart, and Mario Party. I love playing games with them so much. :D

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
I need someone to physically show me, step by step, and I need to be able to do it. I cannot just watch and learn. I need first-hand understanding and I need to be able to have all of my questions answered as they arise. That's for my learning style, anyway. If I'm just learning something casually, not a task, then I like to read about it.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
Extremely. Then again, I'm not sure if this helps or hinders trying to determine my type because I have OCPD (differs from OCD in that it is a personality disorder rather than a mental disorder, and I don't have a thing with numbers). I also have never understood how this is relevant to J/P?

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Umm I'd need to know specifically what idea. I don't really do abstract things. I don't know how to answer this.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Both. This is why it's too hard for me to determine if I'm a Fi 9 or a Fe 9. I don't care if people belong to a group or not, I just want people to be comfortable (it's up to them whether that means being included in a group or not). There are certain things I value that I wouldn't compromise on, but I wouldn't try to force those beliefs on others either. I would, though, totally internally judge them. It's like when people bring up some really uncomfortable racist/sexist joke. I don't get on their case about it and bitch them out, but I don't laugh and go along with it either. I just change the subject as quickly as possible and internally scream/cry at the awkwardness. These values I think are all ones that affect other people. ""Issues"" like LGBT stuff etc. Not being supportive literally means you are hurting people. That is not okay. Yes, I am biased since I am LGBT, but even if I wasn't this would not be an ""issue"" to me. And I literally. Don't. Understand. People.?? Who think it's okay to discriminate people because of things like this, on ANY basis. Like I respect religion up until the point where certain individuals of a religion (NOT all) hold beliefs that literally just. infringe on people's rights and affect their lives?!? and then at that point it is Not Okay. It's okay to disagree and not want anything to do with it but once you start forcing others to live by YOUR beliefs and actively like trying to ruin people's lives it's not okay anymore.
ok mini rant over cuz that's an entirely different conversation altogether LOL

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Real-time does not give you much time to think before speaking. I try to filter myself and usually do well. If I'm in a group discussion I usually listen more than I talk unless I have something relevant to say. One-on-one is fine, unless it becomes little more than incredibly painful small talk where I quickly run out of things to say. I can keep it going well enough but it's just pathetic.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Definitely the latter. Oh, you want to hang out? When? Where? Who's driving? Who is picking who up? Did you charge your phone, did you get a hold of so and so, how are we getting there, hang on I need to print out a map, etc. I literally drive to the location I'm going to have a job interview the day before the interview so that on the day of I won't get lost trying to get there and will be more familiar with the area. I need all of the details. All of them

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I'm usually behind on all of my shows anyway so screw it it depends on what it is they want to do. Not like I can't just find the episode with a 2 second google search at literally any time later.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I get really depressed, self-critical, I want to cry a lot, and I constantly ask for affirmation from friends and I complain A LOT to them just because I need someone to listen. I also might do something really stupid if I get too stressed out. It is almost impossible to get me to explode everything I'm bottling up in public though. I don't think I've ever done it actually. I always wait until I'm somewhere private before I explode so as not to "disturb the peace".

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I don't really dislike people, and I mean people can't really help having the personality traits they have. I guess you could say I tend to not like people who are really mean?? Like they always have a sharp tone, always make you stressed when they're around, are super bossy and pretentious and condescending? I don't meet a lot of that kind of person though.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
If we have common interests that's nice to talk about. Like if I meet someone who likes the same shows or games as me, etc. Then we have something really easy to talk about that we're BOTH interested in and it makes for easy conversation. Having something in common with someone else is always great.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
What's going on around me. Like, people will walk right in front of me and grab my keys at work and leave and come back and put the keys back and I'll be like, "wtf?? you took my keys? when?" I'm literally unable to multitask very well. I focus on one customer at a time, one problem at a time, and my least favorite part of work is when I'm helping someone & the goddamn phone rings, like oh my god, now I have to make either the phone customer or the customer in front of me WAIT while I take care of the other one, and then the rest of the people in the line will have to wait and everyone will get angry at me and I don't like that.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
They think I'm funny/chill/fun to be around. They also think I'm kind of a dork and a loser. They see me as friendly, accepting, and kind/nice. They also know I'm gullible as shit and they know they have to power to convince me to do almost anything but they don't abuse that power. They would never ever say that I'm mean, rude, a bad person, or aggressive. I don't really think they're wrong. I mean after all there is a certain truth to how you are and the way others see you. Yes, no one can know you as well as you know yourself, but the way others see you IS relevant and does carry some weight.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Depends on the day, depends on my mood, depends on my work schedule the rest of the week, and my friends' schedules and what they're doing. Depends on too many things. In a world where everything were perfect, I'd get to do the exact same stuff I described in question 7.