• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How Do You Show Love?

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
Joined
Oct 25, 2017
Messages
10,225
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
952
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp


 

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
Joined
Jul 24, 2008
Messages
19,304
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was a little wary at first because it wasn't an IDR Labs quiz.

 

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Dec 23, 2009
Messages
26,552
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think it's a great quiz. I got words of affirmation, which is right but the test is biased towards gift giving which I have consistently always got low scores on.
 

ygolo

My termites win
Joined
Aug 6, 2007
Messages
5,977
 

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
Joined
Apr 22, 2008
Messages
15,888
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Your preferred way of showing love is by spending Quality Time™​


When you express love to others, your natural inclination is to do so through Quality Time. When you want to show others love or appreciation, you most likely take them out for coffee, invite them over, or find ways to chat and connect through being together.

About 75% of people tend to show love in the way they prefer to receive love—their primary LOVE LANGUAGE®. That leaves about 25% who express love to others in a love language that differs from their own. This could relate to upbringing—perhaps to keep the peace or possibly they learned to follow the example that was set. Either way, it’s helpful to know your “default” way of expressing love to others.

Regardless of your natural inclination toward showing love, it’s important to take the time to learn and speak the LOVE LANGUAGE of others and not merely express love the way you prefer.

Obviously. But I think the test pushes you towards giving gifts. I'm not opposed to gift giving at all but it's not the way I would want to be shown love either.
 

GoggleGirl17

Active member
Joined
Dec 9, 2017
Messages
527
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
479
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Another one for quality time. I do think how I prefer to give and receive love is different. I get a lot of joy out of providing physical touch and thoughtful gifts, and it would hurt if my expressions were not received warmly. However, they don't do much for me the other way around. Quality time and words of affirmation are probably the most important for making me feel secure personally. I give quality time to receive it if that makes sense, but for people lower on my list than a partner, it's not my preferred language. Same with physical touch. I could give spa treatment to a partner every day and love it, but don't really care to even hug friends. I always enjoy giving gifts though.
 
Last edited:
Top