• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ok am I really INTJ?

silversun

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've known about MBTI now for almost a year, and I've always typed as INTJ in tests. I'm beginning to doubt the "J" part. However, I still get a pretty solid J when testing. Anyways..

I'm not the typical INTJ. I don't like being mean to people and am good at being nice/coming across as nice, though I'm not so much in touch with feelings and might accidentally say something insensitive. When dealing with my problems, I probably seem like an idiot because I try to rationalize the situation to the point where I obsess over it. I don't always fit into social groups (I prefer to remain a loner, but enjoy having many friends or people to talk to), but mostly because I'm sort of against them. Really formal situations make me incredibly uncomfortable.

Now for the J/P part. I might look like a J because I'm always on time for things, don't stay up late doing procrastinated work, and am mostly organized. There are times when I judge people quickly. I've been known to hold grudges, though if the person can redeem themselves then I will change my mind. If someone's arguing a position I will usually try to convince them to understand the OTHER side of the issue. Although I am somewhat arrogant about being "right", I can admit when I'm not.
I don't yet understand the extent to which I plan things. I don't enjoy planning things. I like a structured environment, but I would rather have other people do it. If it's not there, I won't create it. For example, my parents keep talking to me about what I'm going to do this summer. I decided I wanted to go to Japan again. My mother sat down with me and we went from website to website looking at possible programs. This bored me -- I really just wanted to either pick one quickly, or to have her pick one for me without wasting my time looking at them. I will get stressed out when I don't know exactly what I'm doing though. One pattern I definitely notice in myself is that I want to get decisions over with and as fast as possible. The same is with doing things. I didn't think to go buy equestrian equipment when the store came to my college (Laziness maybe, or I overlooked it). When I found out that I needed it, I stressed out A LOT because I wasn't prepared for the lesson. Luckily, we didn't ride that day. But the next day I knew that if I didn't go to that store, it would haunt me until I did.
I'm not the most responsible person either. I've never run for any sort of student government or house position because I know I'd get lazy and do a terrible job. When I know what I'm doing I'm good at leading. However, I usually don't know what I'm doing especially if it's related to the "real world". <-- I want to emphasize that.. when dealing with real world things, I usually don't know at all what I'm doing.

So... what do you think? Thanks for helping =D

juggernaut

Permabanned
I'm not the typical INTJ. I don't like being mean to people and am good at being nice when I have to, though I'm not so much in touch with feelings and might accidentally say something insensitive. When dealing with my problems, I probably seem like an idiot because I try to rationalize the situation to the point where I obsess over it. I don't always fit into social groups (I prefer to remain a loner, but enjoy having many friends or people to talk to), but mostly because I'm sort of against them.

Now for the J/P part. I might look like a J because I'm always on time for things, don't stay up late doing procrastinated work, and am mostly organized. There are times when I judge people quickly. I've been known to hold grudges, though if the person can redeem themselves then I will change my mind. If someone's arguing a position I will usually try to convince them to understand the OTHER side of the issue. Although I am somewhat arrogant about being "right", I can admit when I'm not.
I don't yet understand the extent to which I plan things. I don't enjoy planning things. I like a structured environment, but I would rather have other people do it. If it's not there, I won't create it. For example, my parents keep talking to me about what I'm going to do this summer. I decided I wanted to go to Japan again. My mother sat down with me and we went from website to website looking at possible programs. This bored me -- I really just wanted to either pick one quickly, or to have her pick one for me without wasting my time looking at them. I will get stressed out when I don't know exactly what I'm doing though. One pattern I definitely notice in myself is that I want to get decisions over with and as fast as possible. The same is with doing things. I didn't think to go buy equestrian equipment when the store came to my college (Laziness maybe, or I overlooked it). When I found out that I needed it, I stressed out A LOT because I wasn't prepared for the lesson. Luckily, we didn't ride that day. But the next day I knew that if I didn't go to that store, it would haunt me until I did.
I'm not the most responsible person either. I've never run for any sort of student government or house position because I know I'd get lazy and do a terrible job. When I know what I'm doing I'm good at leading. However, I usually don't know what I'm doing especially if it's related to the "real world". <-- I want to emphasize that.. when dealing with real world things, I usually don't know at all what I'm doing.

You sound a lot like me and I'm clearly an NTJ, if not clearly E or I. I don't think most of us actually want to hurt people, it's a just an inevitable consequence of being very rational at times. I also don't really like planning, or leading, but like you, do it out of necessity. The Ps I've known well don't really care much about things like deadlines or "necessity". Nor do they want to get the decision-making process over right away. I decide now, adjust later.

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
I've known about MBTI now for almost a year, and I've always typed as INTJ in tests. I'm beginning to doubt the "J" part. However, I still get a pretty solid J when testing. Anyways..

I'm not the typical INTJ. I don't like being mean to people and am good at being nice/coming across as nice, though I'm not so much in touch with feelings and might accidentally say something insensitive. When dealing with my problems, I probably seem like an idiot because I try to rationalize the situation to the point where I obsess over it. I don't always fit into social groups (I prefer to remain a loner, but enjoy having many friends or people to talk to), but mostly because I'm sort of against them. Really formal situations make me incredibly uncomfortable.

Your whole post had Te written all over it (which is an INTJ function).

I bolded a few things in main paragraph, those are all J traits. There was nothing in your post that suggests you are anything but INTJ.