• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I ENFJ?

batteries included

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Been doing research into MBTI lately, especially Fe. I feel like I relate to this function quite a bit, as I'm fairly preoccupied with people's needs and what they are thinking. At the very least, I think I'm an extroverted feeler type. I'm honestly not sure about how I align with the other functions in the ENFJ stack, but I'll try to expand on why I think I have Fe high in my stack at least (and Se tertiary would sort of explain my previous typing of ESFP).

1) As I said, I really am preoccupied with meeting the needs of other people. I sort of lose myself in their problems or what's going on in their lives, etc.

2) I talk about people often, but more in a way that I'm concerned about them and want to help them. It isn't gossip-y so much as wanting to help (but I guess that's a false distinction)

3) There's also a reliance aspect on "other people" notably their opinions of me do matter. Maybe not to an extreme degree, but it's noticeable and probably above average.

Of course, I can't completely relate to the prominent organizational aspects of the ENFj, not with people in general. I will do this with family and for caregiving related needs, but in general I guess I'm not obsessively concerned with organizing them.

Amberiat

Infinity
You've been spending lots of time researching Fe, a lot more than anything else, right? First of all make sure you're not just in confirmation bias mode.

Second of all, what you've described can only be considered a general attitude of Fe users, on a shallow level no less. It's not enough to tell where Fe is positioned in your stack exactly, it's barely enough to assume it's very likely you're some sort of an Fe user.

Look deeper, just how important are the attitudes/actions you've described to you? Do they take priority over everything else? Are they your primary worries/points of consideration when making a decision? Do your deepest desires have a primary Fe motivation to them or something else?

You've mentioned something about tertiary Se that made you type as ESFP before, do talk about it, if you think it might help.

batteries included

MBTI Type
ISTJ
You've been spending lots of time researching Fe, a lot more than anything else, right? First of all make sure you're not just in confirmation bias mode.

Second of all, what you've described can only be considered a general attitude of Fe users, on a shallow level no less. It's not enough to tell where Fe is positioned in your stack exactly, it's barely enough to assume it's very likely you're some sort of an Fe user.

Look deeper, just how important are the attitudes/actions you've described to you? Do they take priority over everything else? Are they your primary worries/points of consideration when making a decision? Do your deepest desires have a primary Fe motivation to them or something else?

You've mentioned something about tertiary Se that made you type as ESFP before, do talk about it, if you think it might help.

Hi [MENTION=36787]Amberiat[/MENTION]

Thanks for the response. Yeah, it's possible I'm engaging in confirmation bias. I'd say those actions/attitudes are extremely important to me. I have "the feeling" first and the "philosophical response" (ideological, as in, why am I doing this) second. When I make a decision, I'm often swayed by the feeling in the moment, usually placating someone else, or helping someone else.

As far as my deepest desires having an Fe motivation, I guess I covet a certain amount of prestige, financial stability, renown, etc. But it's hard to tell if that's excessive sinceconsidering that I haven't had a high bar for those things in the past.

On ESFP/Se, well, I'm incredibly stimulated by sensory pleasures, and gravitate to them pretty regularly. If I'm in a situation where I don't take in these novel sensory things, I get pretty comically depressed.

Amberiat

Infinity
Hi [MENTION=36787]Amberiat[/MENTION]

Thanks for the response. Yeah, it's possible I'm engaging in confirmation bias. I'd say those actions/attitudes are extremely important to me. I have "the feeling" first and the "philosophical response" (ideological, as in, why am I doing this) second. When I make a decision, I'm often swayed by the feeling in the moment, usually placating someone else, or helping someone else.

As far as my deepest desires having an Fe motivation, I guess I covet a certain amount of prestige, financial stability, renown, etc. But it's hard to tell if that's excessive sinceconsidering that I haven't had a high bar for those things in the past.

On ESFP/Se, well, I'm incredibly stimulated by sensory pleasures, and gravitate to them pretty regularly. If I'm in a situation where I don't take in these novel sensory things, I get pretty comically depressed.

Jumping straight to your last point, it actually sounds like you unconsciously value Se more than Fe, while the way you talk about Fe sounds like you're trying to rationalize putting more importance on it than Se. Simply put I get the vibe that Se is actually higher in the stack for you than Fe.

Have you ever looked into enneagram? How much do you know about it? The second paragraph shows motivations pertaining to certain enneagram types, but before going further into it I need to know whether you care about enneagram or not and how much you've actually dabbled in it, if you did. Also, for clarity when you say "financial stability" do you actually mean having the money to do whatever you want, buy whatever you want, whenever you want or do you simply mean security (which "stability" implies, but just to make sure, you know).

How much do you know about function loops/grips? Have you considered xSTP before? Your hyper-awareness of Fe and the way you seemingly override your valuing of Se with it can also point towards a Se-Fe loop (ESTP) or a Fe grip (ISTP).

I recommend digging deep into Ti, if you're under a Se-Fe loop or Fe grip it might be especially difficult for you to be aware of/notice the presence/influence of Ti in your cognition, especially as the function is internalized so it's less obvious by default.

I can see the Se, and I can believe the Fe so my immediate thought is actually ESTP, but it's too early to tell for sure. Also keep in mind that I don't know you at all, the only information I have is what you share here which means that you shouldn't take my word for it(naturally, since my conclusions are based on extremely small tidbits of information which means they can be highly inaccurate). What I'm trying to say is that you should take my words as mere pointers towards how you should interpret all of the information you have that I don't and not as facts.

Remember to study Se-Fe loops and Fe grips in detail alongside Ti, if you haven't already.

batteries included

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Jumping straight to your last point, it actually sounds like you unconsciously value Se more than Fe, while the way you talk about Fe sounds like you're trying to rationalize putting more importance on it than Se. Simply put I get the vibe that Se is actually higher in the stack for you than Fe.

Have you ever looked into enneagram? How much do you know about it? The second paragraph shows motivations pertaining to certain enneagram types, but before going further into it I need to know whether you care about enneagram or not and how much you've actually dabbled in it, if you did. Also, for clarity when you say "financial stability" do you actually mean having the money to do whatever you want, buy whatever you want, whenever you want or do you simply mean security (which "stability" implies, but just to make sure, you know).

How much do you know about function loops/grips? Have you considered xSTP before? Your hyper-awareness of Fe and the way you seemingly override your valuing of Se with it can also point towards a Se-Fe loop (ESTP) or a Fe grip (ISTP).

I recommend digging deep into Ti, if you're under a Se-Fe loop or Fe grip it might be especially difficult for you to be aware of/notice the presence/influence of Ti in your cognition, especially as the function is internalized so it's less obvious by default.

I can see the Se, and I can believe the Fe so my immediate thought is actually ESTP, but it's too early to tell for sure. Also keep in mind that I don't know you at all, the only information I have is what you share here which means that you shouldn't take my word for it(naturally, since my conclusions are based on extremely small tidbits of information which means they can be highly inaccurate). What I'm trying to say is that you should take my words as mere pointers towards how you should interpret all of the information you have that I don't and not as facts.

Remember to study Se-Fe loops and Fe grips in detail alongside Ti, if you haven't already.

I know very little about the enneagram, and honestly struggle maintaining interest on the few times I've looked into it. But feel free to expand if you think I'm a particular type under that system. As far as financial stability, I mean more stability yeah.

I've studied function loops a bit, and can see the argument for ESTP with the Se-Fe loop. Though I think I've noticed a pretty prominent feeling function for most of my life, that could've been brought on by early environment. I don't think I follow the pattern of the usual ESTP, but I could be a different subtype.

I'm usually a pretty accommodating person, and have a hard time squaring that with what I've associated ESTPs to be (sorry if I offend any of them here). Ti users seem to be a bit more antagonistic than how I typically come across irl (antagonism more in the sense of, not afraid to press a particular point in debate).

Amberiat

Infinity
I know very little about the enneagram, and honestly struggle maintaining interest on the few times I've looked into it. But feel free to expand if you think I'm a particular type under that system. As far as financial stability, I mean more stability yeah.

I've studied function loops a bit, and can see the argument for ESTP with the Se-Fe loop. Though I think I've noticed a pretty prominent feeling function for most of my life, that could've been brought on by early environment. I don't think I follow the pattern of the usual ESTP, but I could be a different subtype.

I'm usually a pretty accommodating person, and have a hard time squaring that with what I've associated ESTPs to be (sorry if I offend any of them here). Ti users seem to be a bit more antagonistic than how I typically come across irl (antagonism more in the sense of, not afraid to press a particular point in debate).

Well as far as Enneagram is concerned, I see hints of 6, 9 and 3(or possibly 2, either way a strong wing). I can definitely pick the 9 apart, there's a passive, gentle undertone in the way you write (not really the most reliable method, but it's a vibe), some of the things you've described such as the financial stability factor focused on security is a 6-ish value, prestige and renown are values that could be attributed to both 3s and 2s for different reasons (hence why I said one of the two with a strong wing).

I'd suggest steering away from stereotypes when typing yourself, they present a heavily skewed and shallow image of the types, their tertiary Fe actually makes ESTPs very accommodating and smooth in social situations (assuming they're healthy, balanced) as a result of Aux Ti they would indeed rather be right/blunt in a debate, but unless they're unhealthy they wouldn't do it in an aggressive manner. Also as I'm seeing a pretty strong 9 presence in you, which is passive/mellow as opposed to the very common enneagram 8 in ESTPs which is very direct, even forceful at times could definitely explain why you don't seem to identify with the (pretty shitty) ESTP stereotypes. So yeah, if you're an ESTP you'd definitely be a less common one due to the enneagram 9 presence which I haven't seen often in ESTPs (but is somewhat common in ISTPs).

And healthy Ti is never antagonistic for any reason, what you describe is simply not a healthy reaction, Ti values understanding and logical accuracy, however they are never assholes about it if they're balanced, especially if coupled with tertiary Fe and even more so with a 9 fix in enneagram.

Talk to me about Ni, do you notice its presence/influence in your daily life? How does it manifest itself for you? Also since we're on the topic of ESTPs, check out Ni grips as well, see how much/if at all you identify with them.

batteries included

MBTI Type
ISTJ
[MENTION=36787]Amberiat[/MENTION]

If Ni is future oriented, I do have this a bit, but while I often plan for things, more often than not I'm falling into a spontaneous pattern of going through life. On the pattern recognition side, I use it often to analyze and break down people into the things that make them tick (guess that could be aux Ti). I'll exercise intuition too when I'm writing fiction.

Amberiat

Infinity
[MENTION=36787]Amberiat[/MENTION]

If Ni is future oriented, I do have this a bit, but while I often plan for things, more often than not I'm falling into a spontaneous pattern of going through life. On the pattern recognition side, I use it often to analyze and break down people into the things that make them tick (guess that could be aux Ti). I'll exercise intuition too when I'm writing fiction.

Yeah, I was asking about Ni in order to confirm my suspicions regarding xNFJ (dom and aux Fe), as I figured it doesn't sound like your Ni is anywhere near dominant or even auxiliary (at the very least it's definitely obvious that your Se overshadows Ni) so in my eyes that kind of writes off NFJ possibilities unless you're an ENFJ in the Fe-Se loop, which I doubt since it sounds like you naturally prefer Se over Ni consistently and not in an "unhealthily skipping over aux Ni over a long period of time" way. And since it's super likely that you use both Se and Fe that leaves xSTP types.

And yes, that does indeed sound like aux Ti approach to analysis.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am fairly hands off with people, but I usually have a distinct vision of what I want others to become. Does that make sense?

I perceive myself to be an emotional caretaker of people rather than truly "organizing" them in the most general sense. However, I will tend to put people into categories/roles/tiers of intimacy.

batteries included

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Yeah, I was asking about Ni in order to confirm my suspicions regarding xNFJ (dom and aux Fe), as I figured it doesn't sound like your Ni is anywhere near dominant or even auxiliary (at the very least it's definitely obvious that your Se overshadows Ni) so in my eyes that kind of writes off NFJ possibilities unless you're an ENFJ in the Fe-Se loop, which I doubt since it sounds like you naturally prefer Se over Ni consistently and not in an "unhealthily skipping over aux Ni over a long period of time" way. And since it's super likely that you use both Se and Fe that leaves xSTP types.

And yes, that does indeed sound like aux Ti approach to analysis.

Yeah, I'm a bit torn atm between ESTP/ENFJ. People seem to point out my usage of Ti, specifically Ti/Fe, but am a bit surprised since using Ti is not a conscious thing for me (I don't notice it). Also, I don't trust my own descriptions of myself, this is a consistent aspect of various "type me" threads I've engaged in over the years (on different forums). ENxP isn't an uncommon typing for me.

I have to say, it's strange considering myself a thinker. I've considered myself a feeler most of the time since being introduced to mbti, but an Se-Fe loop makes sense too.

batteries included

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I am fairly hands off with people, but I usually have a distinct vision of what I want others to become. Does that make sense?

I perceive myself to be an emotional caretaker of people rather than truly "organizing" them in the most general sense. However, I will tend to put people into categories/roles/tiers of intimacy.

Yes, this describes how I view/interact with people in my head. More somewhat distant but still wanting to help

So...any other takers? I like to get as much information as possible before making a decision.

Another random fact about me: recently, I've been delving into things I enjoyed when I was younger as a stress relief response. Nostalgia rush basically. I have been deriving a lot of comfort from seeking out the past.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Have you read cognitive functions?https://www.typologycentral.com/forums/myers-briggs-and-jungian-cognitive-functions/97684-cognitive-function-descriptions-definitions.html#post3146460

Could you tell us How do you naturally/by default give care to others?
The difference between sensor and intuitor lies naturally in the practical or theoretical. Fe-with Si types, naturally give care to people by taking actions for example a nurse, takes care of patient by checking blood tension, some may help the patients take a bath, etc. Fe with Ni help people naturally by listening to them, counselling/consultation but not taking some actions.