• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SFJs who hate detailed explanations?

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
My best friend is definitely EFJ but I get hung up on whether she is S or N. She is an accountant so in many ways she works with concrete, practical details every day. She hates detailed explanations though and during conversation she just wants people to get to the point. Would that be a possible characteristic of SFJs? The other ESFJ I know likes to tell very detailed stories. Is this just a personal preference or would lack of interest in details point to an N type more than S?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Idk how type related it is or if it's an individual quirk, but I (ISFJ) prefer to have all the details

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISFJ, and I would say: It depends.

Sometimes I do want details to put things in proper context. For instance, if one of my maintenance people how something happened.

However, sometimes I already know what happened or ultimately its irrevelant at that particular point in time what happened and I just need the bottomline. For example, if a septic drain line is broken and spewing poop everywhere. I really don't care HOW it happened when I find out about it, what I want to know is HOW TO MAKE THE POOP FLOW STOP. So when my septic tech start lecturing me on the pipes and such I really just want to go "Yeah yeah yeah, just plug it up already!"

Once it's plugged up, THEN I'd like an explanation. But not while Old Faithful is geysering brown sugar in the front yard of this home.

Another example of when I'm not interested in details: When a tenant calls me, and tells me her AC is blowing air but not cold air. THAT right there is all the info I need because regardless of whatever she says next, my response is going to be the same (Call an HVAC tech). The story how she came home to discover it, how hot it is in the house, how much this is all inconveniencing her, how she's got a party the next day and blah..blah..blah.

None of that shit matter. None of it. My response, will always 100% be the same, "OK ma'am, I will try to get an AC tech out there as soon as possible."

In fact, by continuing to bather on with superfluous details, she's actually HOLDING ME UP FROM DOING THE THING I NEED TO DO!

Anyway, kind of went off on a tangent there but there you go.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hi, I am ENFJ. I work with a lot of numbers and details... I am sort of like the main finance person for my company...I am actually considered the "details" person. However, I would prefer just to get to the point and the main idea behind things. Explain to me WHY you are doing something but I don't really care about all the other details.

But you should probably look more at SiNe vs. NISe. Also, according to theory, ENFJs have more of an "In Charge" interaction style with a "directing" communication style.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think this person has high Te as opposed to inferior Ti. Te anywhere on the function stack has a preference for bluntness. Maybe they are an xSTJ rather than a ExFJ?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
My best friend is definitely EFJ but I get hung up on whether she is S or N. She is an accountant so in many ways she works with concrete, practical details every day. She hates detailed explanations though and during conversation she just wants people to get to the point. Would that be a possible characteristic of SFJs? The other ESFJ I know likes to tell very detailed stories. Is this just a personal preference or would lack of interest in details point to an N type more than S?

This could be inferior Ti in theory.

What do you think about enneagram of this person ?

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
A lot about ESTJ would work for her too. I didn't really consider it because she is very thoughtful, wants to include everyone whenever there are get-togethers and she is a great hostess. She can also be quite sensitive and has cried at work a few times. I thought that would fit more with Fe rather than Te. She is definitely a great leader and planner and she can be a bit overbearing sometimes. Perhaps ENFJ is something to look at too because she is quite open-minded to new things and doesn't necessarily follow the tried and true. Thanks for all of the input!

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
ESFJ here, I am frequently impatient and I'm pretty easy to confuse. I worked with someone somewhat recently that would try to explain a problem to me, but ended up explaining the entire process that brought about the problem, without ever telling me what the actual problem was. It was maddening.

I guess this kinda thing could relate to ESTJ too, but I think they are impatient in a different way, like maybe ESFJ would be like "just tell me the problem" and ESTJ could be like "I don't care about that or your problems". I dunno :p

Mr Troll

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
bs
Ti – logical details (this is something where ESFJs might get lost – too much, too little)
Si – sensing details (Jung called it artistic intuition, just think about scenery artist [STJ] or impressionistic artist [SFJ].)
Fi – feeling details (humongous amounts of variable personal feelings towards everything)
Ni – dynamical episodic details (let's ask weird details how it came to be)

Details are in the introverted functions...

In short (S)FJs like explanations for (theoretical) stuff which someone provides to them.
FPs usually like explanations in terms of implementation.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think this person has high Te as opposed to inferior Ti. Te anywhere on the function stack has a preference for bluntness. Maybe they are an xSTJ rather than a ExFJ?

I wouldn't say for tertiary/inferior Te. I think that's jumping the stack a bit.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I wouldn't say for tertiary/inferior Te. I think that's jumping the stack a bit.

ExFPs (types with tertiary Te) can be and are very blunt (albeit not always intentionally). When it comes to IxFPs, being blunt may be something that feels foreign to them, but they would rather that over beating around the bush.

As I see it:
ExTJs are blunt often and know it. They use that to their advantage and consider it one of their charms.
IxTJs are blunt in a constructive way. It's their usual way of achieving goals, but they wouldn't define themselves as 'blunt', rather that's how they would describe their work habit.
ExFPs are blunt subconsciously. They wouldn't outright admit to it, but straight-forwardness is more like a mild defense mechanism.
IxFPs are blunt in times of need. When all else fails, they'll get to the point and surge towards a goal. It's usually a negative sign for these types as opposed to ExFPs, who's bluntness is like a seatbelt where for IxFPs it's an airbag.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ExFPs (types with tertiary Te) can be and are very blunt (albeit not always intentionally). When it comes to IxFPs, being blunt may be something that feels foreign to them, but they would rather that over beating around the bush.

As I see it:
ExTJs are blunt often and know it. They use that to their advantage and consider it one of their charms.
IxTJs are blunt in a constructive way. It's their usual way of achieving goals, but they wouldn't define themselves as 'blunt', rather that's how they would describe their work habit.
ExFPs are blunt subconsciously. They wouldn't outright admit to it, but straight-forwardness is more like a mild defense mechanism.
IxFPs are blunt in times of need. When all else fails, they'll get to the point and surge towards a goal. It's usually a negative sign for these types as opposed to ExFPs, who's bluntness is like a seatbelt where for IxFPs it's an airbag.

I would think ENFP's I know are very direct but in an endearing way but would definitely be assertive if they have to be, not like in emergencies but if they're in a situation they can't run out of.

ESFP's will tell you more outright but when they're blunt, they're usually funny blunt as long as you understand they're always pushing the envelope. Unless well, you like threaten or intentionally insult them they won't let you slide off easy unless you built some rapport but you know they won't happy.

Both ISFP's and INFP's I have met, don't really be straight unless you ask about things like their day or otherwise they get really nervous and walk away quickly as like their bluntness. It's cute lol.

Just talking from experience not meant to describe all.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7

It depends on the explanations. When I'm telling a personal story, I love picking out just the right details to tell to get the greatest emotional effect on people (basically taken right out of the Socionics Fe description). But too much really ruins it. It's the same with others.

If I'm learning a new task, I need everything spelled out for me. I hate having to fill in the blanks and keep asking questions along the way. I want to learn the information so I can perform the task accurately.

But I do become annoyed when details start getting irrelevant or repetitive, at least in daily life. I dunno.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I like a lot of details, but only if they are relevant details. Repetition also drives me bananas.