• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] iv just been banned on another site

narcissistic

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Does PerC usually IP ban people if they're going to ban someone?
Since I think they IP banned me earlier as I am unable to load up their site and just says:
This site can’t be reached
personalitycafe.com took too long to respond.
Search Google for personalitycafe
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Was having fun on there too, such a shame.

cosmic royal

Phoenix Flame
MBTI Type
xNTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Since I think they IP banned me earlier as I am unable to load up their site and just says:

That's their usual method. And I got that message once or twice and I wasn't banned. Did you try reloading the page?

narcissistic

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's their usual method. And I got that message once or twice and I wasn't banned. Did you try reloading the page?

I've been reloading the page(s) for the past 7 hours.
At first I thought it was just some kind of maintenance so I looked up some "is it up" sites to test it, and all of them said it was still running/working.

I am for sure locked out of their site, cannot enter the site from my phone or other computers so most likely an IP ban.
However I never got PMd by anyone saying "hey up lad, you've been causing troubling. Pipe it down yeah" (i.e. warnings).
Also no email addressing why I've been IP banned or if I am banned or not.

So I've emailed them about the issues, doubt I'll get a response or that the situation will be fixed.

It would be weird if I did get banned though since I was well-known/friendly-face throughout the majority of people when I was there.
And the only thing they "could" ban me from would be because I was debunking some topics at the time before this occurred, but if they banned me for having "savage facts" then that would be lame.

cosmic royal

Phoenix Flame
MBTI Type
xNTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been reloading the page(s) for the past 7 hours.
At first I thought it was just some kind of maintenance so I looked up some "it is up" sites to test it, and all of them said it was still running/working.

I am for sure locked out of their site, cannot enter the site from my phone or other computers so most likely an IP ban.
However I never got PMd by anyone saying "hey up lad, you've been causing troubling. Pipe it down yeah" (i.e. warnings).
Also no email addressing why I've been IP banned or if I am banned or not.

So I've emailed them about the issues, doubt I'll get a response or that the situation will be fixed.

It would be weird if I did get banned though since I was well-known/friendly-face throughout the majority of people when I was there.
And the only thing they "could" ban me from would be because I was debunking some topics, but if they banned me for having "savage facts" then that would be lame.

Hmm, that is strange. I guess that is the only thing you can do in your situation.

It might have something to do with the recent security data breach still going on PerC. I've noticed that a lot of new users were kicked off the site today. Impressive post count, btw. (Yeah, sorry for stalking.) Maybe the mods mistook you for a spam bot, but hanging out on the Game Forum shouldn't get you banned.

narcissistic

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=25778]cosmic royal[/MENTION]

Hmm, that is strange. I guess that is the only thing you can do in your situation.
I've heard people getting IP banned for several months, so I'm hoping that it's going to be an "overnight" ban to stop me from spamming if they do claim me as botting.

It might have something to do with the recent security data breach still going on PerC.
Possibly.

Impressive post count, btw. (Yeah, sorry for stalking.)
Lmao, thanks.

Maybe the mods mistook you for a spam bot, but hanging out on the Game Forum shouldn't get you banned.
That is a possibility since I do post more than 150 times a day, which is a lot I suppose.
Also a friend of mine is having this situation too, however she got IP banned like a week ago.
But she can access the site as long as she deletes her cookies, history and cache before hand, but she can only stay for a few minutes before getting booted off.
And she has over 20k posts so.

Anyways thanks for the info about the data breach/ other people being kicked off too, since that gives hope that I've been mistaken as a bot.
And my appeal (email I sent them) should indicate I'm not a bot.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

No. We don't IP ban folks in lieu of a ban. We issue public bans if someone is going to be banned.

On rare occasion, we'll IP block a permabanned member who keeps creating dupes to sneak back onsite and we get tired of removing them.

I've had a few reports in the last two weeks of IPs being blocked, but it's not on our end. I'm investigating this with the folks who actually control the back-end, to see if anything has been going on there.

Drop me a PM and let me know if this is the same userid you use over there + anything else I can use to research this and see what I can do about getting you back online, if you haven't received an actual ban.

That kinda goes for any of you who are having IP issues or any account problems. Just let me know.

... I've noticed that a lot of new users were kicked off the site today. Impressive post count, btw. (Yeah, sorry for stalking.) Maybe the mods mistook you for a spam bot, but hanging out on the Game Forum shouldn't get you banned.

Something happened, but not from the Pers Cafe staff.
I've got a long message in with the company that owns the site, to see what happened.

narcissistic

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=28381]narcissistic[/MENTION]

Did you see this thread?

Announcements -

I am unable to see the announcement as I am unable to visit/access the site.
If you would be kind to copy and paste it for me,
If It's a long message then just link the key information.

Thank you.

cosmic royal

Phoenix Flame
MBTI Type
xNTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am unable to see the announcement as I am unable to visit/access the site.
If you would be kind to copy and paste it for me,
If It's a long message then just link the key information.

Thank you.

Oh right, I forgot. It says to go to another link for more info, but I understand that you're unable to do that.

The rest of the post:

"Also, if you recreated your account with the same name when you found yourself unable to access your account, please leave a post so that we are aware. There could be a login issue in the future regarding your account, unless Vertical Scope can merge your old and new accounts (with the same name) together.

Finally, if you do see any more posts with grayed-out member names / missing sidebars, post a link to the post in this thread as well. We don't expect there to be any, but if you do see one, please report it in the thread I linked above.

Thanks. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Mole

Permabanned
Is it against the rules to use this site to pursue issues that occur on another site?

narcissistic

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is it against the rules to use this site to pursue issues that occur on another site?

Accordingly not since the site founder posted on here and gave out her regards to the issue.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
hey iv just been banned on another site caled intj forum,i mean come they banned all the juicy people what are they going to be left with just dride out fruit why are all theres websites so uptight about things you post,lol i litteraly wasnt even spamming i just asked alot of different kind of unconvensional questions

demotivational-posters-context-punctuation.jpg

Mole

Permabanned
Accordingly not since the site founder posted on here and gave out her regards to the issue.

The problem is we don't want to be taken a lend of. We don't want to be used to continue a feud begun on another site.

Respect for this site means leaving your feuds, begun on another site, behind, when you join Typology Central.

Purplemoon

MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
5w6
Are you intentionally writing with poor grammar? I'm sorry if I sound rude, but your post is hard to read. I mean, I'm not great at grammar myself, but I at least try to use proper punctuation, correct spellings, and the like. Your post sounds and looks like a texting-obsessed thirteen year old composed it, so I can see why you were banned from INTJforum.