• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Inside Out

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Have you seen it? I thought it was great. I cried three times. Technically, half the characters were just emotions and so shouldn't really have types, but I think it would be fun anyway.

Joy: ENFP. Possibly S.
Sadness: IxFx
Anger: ISTJ or ESTJ.
Fear: ISxx. Maybe ISTJ, but in a different way than Anger. (Enneagram 8 vs 6, maybe?)
Disgust: ISTP? Can't pin her down.
Bing Bong: ESFP. Possibly N.
Riley: Too young for a full type. IxFP, maybe.

What do you think?

ScareBear

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I actually viewed the emotions as functions. Riley is an ENFP and since Joy came first is therefore Ne. Sadness is Fi, Anger Te and Fear and Disgust as Si.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I actually viewed the emotions as functions. Riley is an ENFP and since Joy came first is therefore Ne. Sadness is Fi, Anger Te and Fear and Disgust as Si.

Whoa, I hadn't thought of it that way! That's really cool!

rmrf

Is it worth watching? Pixar movies aren't my thing but might watch it as applying Jungian functions to it would be interesting

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Is it worth watching? Pixar movies aren't my thing but might watch it as applying Jungian functions to it would be interesting

I thought it was a wonderful and thoughtful movie. Fun if you like to psychoanalyze.

ScareBear

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought it was a wonderful and thoughtful movie. Fun if you like to psychoanalyze.

I agree. The movie was delightful though I am a bit biased towards Disney and Pixar movies as evidenced by my avatar.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I love the idea of the emotions as JCF.

None of the emotions vibed strongly any particular way to me except for Joy, who really, really, REALLY vibed ESFJ. The way she treated Sadness seemed like equal parts e7 and Fe. But some of that could be that it was Amy Poehler, who always vibes ESFJ to me, especially in Parks and Rec.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought it was weird that the little girl only had one positive emotion.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are there others?

/INTP

Maybe not. It's just odd to think that there's happiness and alllll the ways that things can be terrible.

Maybe there's more truth to that than I realized initially. :shrug:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I love the idea of the emotions as JCF.

None of the emotions vibed strongly any particular way to me except for Joy, who really, really, REALLY vibed ESFJ. The way she treated Sadness seemed like equal parts e7 and Fe. But some of that could be that it was Amy Poehler, who always vibes ESFJ to me, especially in Parks and Rec.

Yeah, I think Joy is a good example of The People's ENFP (ESFJ) :ninja: She's overwhelmingly Fe to me - actually I think the point of her character was that she was overwhelmingly Fe.

I dunno about 7, though she's most definitely 7-fixed. I'm not sure how well Enneagram overlaps into these characters, but I think what fulfills her is Riley's happiness because it contributes to her own self-worth.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I liked when riley bumped into the boy at the hockey rink and his brain was freaking out. That made me laugh.

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I liked when riley bumped into the boy at the hockey rink and his brain was freaking out. That made me laugh.

That part was hilarious! I loveeed this movie!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You guys are making me want to rewatch it tonight :heart:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Watching it now; Joy's definitely Fe, considering how directive she is, imho - very goal oriented and focused on harmony/happy thoughts, with that practical, nurturing approach. And Sadness seems to be INFP - smart, comfortable with abstract ideas, reflective, shy, compassionate yet non-directive and following her Feeling without really being able to explain to others why this is right.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Watching it now; Joy's definitely Fe, considering how directive she is, imho - very goal oriented and focused on harmony/happy thoughts, with that practical, nurturing approach. And Sadness seems to be INFP - smart, comfortable with abstract ideas, reflective, shy, compassionate yet non-directive and following her Feeling without really being able to explain to others why this is right.

I think I saw Sadness as an IxFP, but the innate drive she had to take action for its own sake seemed a little Se to me. :thinking: But maybe I'm missing the ideas part you're talking about since I can't remember that.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think I saw Sadness as an IxFP, but the innate drive she had to take action for its own sake seemed a little Se to me. :thinking: But maybe I'm missing the ideas part you're talking about since I can't remember that.

I just saw the part where they went through the abstract tunnel thing, which she knew all about due to the manuals Joy had her read to keep her busy. I also think that her general clumsiness and insecurity to act (partly because Joy made it very clear that anything she does is *wrong* in some way) point to someone who isn't that connected to the moment, as such, so I'd have to disagree with you there. When she does act, she seems to almost not be aware of it - like when she's drawn to touch any of the happy memories. She also tends to give up the second that they encounter a glitch when trying to get back to HQ, and lies down.

I mostly saw her need to act as some subconscious instinct to be in touch with her emotions - aka, Sadness and to express that, Fi-style

:butterflee::hardatwork:

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Joy: ESFJ
Sadness: ISFP
Anger: ESTJ
Fear: ISFJ
Disgust: ESFP? SP
Bing Bong: ENFP
Riley: ESFP

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Disgust actually reminds me - reaction, voc and intonation-wise - of a certain INTP I met here, actually :laugh:

Granted, the content of that similar reaction, voc+ intonation combo is very different :D