• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trump followers invade the capitol

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Don’t know if anyone has mentioned this guy yet in here:

Capitol police officer Eugene Goodman hailed as '''a hero''' - BBC News

The original video (I saw before finding out he was intentionally leading the mob) was kind of nervewracking to watch, & that guy at the front comes off like a damn sociopath.

It looks like a clip from The Walking Dead.
With more context now— it still does. :shock:

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you think he'd be up to that or do you think instead he'd be popping caps at the firing range dreaming about shooting people on the forum he doesnt like?

I think he was at a disco club in Miami crying in n the bathroom because of the pain of living a lie.

Three things can probably be true.

Granted, it's Newsweek, but: Capitol Staffer Says Office Panic Buttons Were 'Torn Out' Before Riot

There are a lot of troubling accusations flying around. (Like some of the rioters getting a tour beforehand, or one of the GOP reps tweeting Pelosi's location? I'm antsy for when the stuff that can be debunked gets scratched off the list.)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
As the more details are coming out it is really becoming obvious that this whole thing failed basically due to "luck" and quick thinking of some of the guards.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
As the more details are coming out it is really becoming obvious that this whole thing failed basically due to "luck" and quick thinking of some of the guards.

Well, for the even related to the date I create the thread, that is true.

Do you think there is any chance of attacks between 15th-20th January? (anyone reading this can also try to answer this, Im interesting in the possible outcomes in the next two weeks)

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Guys, I am trying to change the name of the thread to put the 's' I had missed on "Trump followers invades the capitol", although in the edit section it appears with the right name, the name of the thread still remains without the s.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Well, for the even related to the date I create the thread, that is true.

Do you think there is any chance of attacks between 15th-20th January? (anyone reading this can also try to answer this, Im interesting in the possible outcomes in the next two weeks)

For that you just have to read my post that comes after the one that you quoted. I wouldn't place bets but it is certainly a realistic option.
However I am not sure why exclude this option after 20th. Towards my opinion after that day attacks are actually more likely, since the right will officially lose power on that day. What then starts "nothing to lose era".

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Guys, I am trying to change the name of the thread to put the 's' I had missed on "Trump followers invades the capitol", although in the edit section it appears with the right name, the name of the thread still remains without the s.

Probably some mod removed that, since the grammatically correct it is without that s. I was thinking about mentioning this but I didn't want to be a "dick".

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I have no problem being a grammar dick. :happy2:

Yeah, but I was thinking that it was probably a typo and it was so obvious that the mods will prbably fix it on their own. What happened.
I mean I also make smaller mistakes and typos if I type in a hurry or quite tired. Therefore I am not really the person that should moralize over this.

Jaguar

Yeah, but I was thinking that it was probably a typo and it was so obvious that the mods will prbably fix it on their own. What happened.
I mean I also make smaller mistakes and typos if I type in a hurry or quite tired. Therefore I am not really the person that should moralize over this.

If it's in a post, my brain will come to a halt on the typo and then move on. I'm not going to say anything. We all make those mistakes from time to time. But in a thread title, I find it rather annoying. It keeps popping up again and again.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Probably some mod removed that, since the grammatically correct it is without that s. I was thinking about mentioning this but I didn't want to be a "dick".
I changed it. Just another public service from your friendly neighborhood grammar nazi.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Politico: Dems demand details of ‘suspicious’ Capitol visitors day before attack

Mikie Sherrill first raised alarms that some members of Congress may have provided "reconnaissance" tours to would-be insurrectionists.

More than 30 House Democrats are demanding information from Capitol security officials about "suspicious" visitors at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 5 — a day before violent insurrectionists swarmed the building — that would only have been permitted entry by a member of Congress or a staffer.

"Many of the Members who signed this letter ... witnessed an extremely high number of outside groups in the complex on Tuesday, January 5,” wrote the lawmakers, led by Rep. Mikie Sherrill (D-N.J.), in a letter to the acting House and Senate sergeants-at-arms, as well as the acting head of the Capitol Police.

The lawmakers, some of who "have served in the military and are trained to recognize suspicious activity," noted that Capitol tours have been prohibited since March as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic and they said the tours were so unusual that they were reported to security on Jan. 5, ahead of the following day's violence.

"The visitors encountered by some of the Members of Congress on this letter appeared to be associated with the rally at the White House the following day," they wrote. "Members of the group that attacked the Capitol seemed to have an unusually detailed knowledge of the layout of the Capitol Complex. The presence of these groups within the Capitol Complex was indeed suspicious."

They are asking the security officials to reveal whether any logbooks of visitors are available and if they include names of those admitted to the building by lawmakers. They also ask whether any law enforcement agencies have requested similar information and what limits Capitol security officials apply to visitors brought in by members.

Tomb1

That Capitol Police Officer who shot the insurrectionist dead with his standard issued .40 calibered 22 Glock good for him...shooting-to-kill would be the soundest policy for when the Capitol is under seige in that manner.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That Capitol Police Officer who shot the insurrectionist dead with his standard issued .40 calibered 22 Glock good for him...shooting-to-kill would be the soundest policy for when the Capitol is under seige in that manner.
It wasn't a "seige", and honestly using that kind of rhetoric is dangerous. It was a protest that got out of hand. They didn't even do that much damage. The BLM riots caused over 500m in damages, the capitol protest broke a few windows and doors. Even the news coverage of the "damage" is pretty pathetic. Almost everyone was unarmed. Why would you be okay with shooting unarmed civilians? Especially after the BLM riots.