• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

Lark

It looks like they're pulling it back but this is a Trump tactic - put something out there then claim their idea is misinterpreted/they're being misrepresented and so on, reintroducing racist AF idea a month from now. But I will say there are a whole lot of people that have no idea who the Anglo-Saxons were and that they had nothing to do with America at all. Not in tradition, governance or culture. At. All. It's yet another a myth conservatives/right wingers/Republicans tell themselves.

Anglo-Saxons were also immigrants and invaders but the right isn't at all prepared for that conversation.

This is definitely a thing and its been around A LONG time, in the UK the Thatcherite "new right" in the eighties where very, very much about resurrecting a sort of ethno-nationalism of english speaking peoples which was very similar to the KKK's White Anglo-Saxon Protestant (WASP) tradition of identity politics, its not well publicized as the UK has one of the most compliant medias on earth but there were elements within the UK conservative party which were big sympathizers with Apartheid South Africa, going so far as to promote a "hang Nelson Mandela" message (no joke).

In the UK "official history" has definitely forgotten the extent to which race, and a strange "race memory" (sometimes called "ancestoral memory") idea, where parts of the Thatcherism's core supporters in the shape of the "new right". This "militant tendency" of conservatism didnt disappear the way that the Labour party and Democrats in the US dispensed with their "hardliners" with the ascendancy of Blair and Clinton. In the UK the "new right" gets talked about less because they had some truly bizarre ideas besides the usual mix of white supremacy and market forces as a defence of privileges.

They supposedly had ideas about "black mail" being legitimate, provided people valued their reputation they could pay for it (this apparently has been a means of ensuring party discipline for a long time in UK conservatism, although its begun to collapse, as Cameron didnt mind the stories coming out about him and his frat buddies shagging a dead pig, in the US the discussions about Trump being involved in some sex romp in Russia is something similar too).

They also felt that prostitution (including child prostitution), euthanasia, corporal punishment, capital punishment, legalization of drug trafficking, abolishing the health service and even a tax funded police force (it shouldnt be lost on anyone that a bunch of these things have made their way into "left" or at least "liberal" campaign circles, its a manipulation, the new right in the UK have for a long time had the aim of advancing their agenda whoever happens to be in office). Lots of the scandals of institutional sex abuse of children by establishment figures, like Jimmy Saville, tie in to these guys and their extra-political activities, which they can be sure no one will worry that much about as popular prejudice will consider religious abuse scandals or roman catholicism a focus instead.

That's before you consider all the stuff like drugs, dark money and the "crooked dime" which a lot of Brexit can be explained with reference to.

If you deep dive into all this stuff it just gets stranger and stranger and stranger with links between Apartheid South Africa and the state of Israel, some really weird stuff happened in the UK racist scene in the eighties in which the white nazis, bizarrely, tried to make common cause with black nationalists, provided those same ethno-nationalists believed in repatriation to somewhere else.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I know Marjorie Three Names is backpedaling, but I decided to read it anyway.

As this implies a degree of ideological flexibility, a certain intellectual boldness is needed amongst members of the AFC to follow in President Trump’s footsteps, and potentially step on some toes and
sacrifice sacred cows for the good of the American nation. Policy areas as far ranging as foreign intervention, economic development, immigration, trade, tech regulation and social policy need to be re-examined from the ground up to ensure that what remains keeps the interest of Americans at heart.

I wasn't expecting it to be this funny. Imagine anyone taking that sentence seriously. (Although I guess it's a good time to remember that exactly half the population is necessarily below average intelligence).

smh

This is the kind of thing that happens when the DCCC allows a total nutjob to run unopposed.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
There were only 18 days in 2020 that US police didn't kill somebody - police accountability data

EzIGZieXMAERDp0

Lark

I wonder how many political lessons can be inferred from video games, like the freemium games in which you need to pay to win? A lot like life...

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I wonder how many political lessons can be inferred from video games, like the freemium games in which you need to pay to win? A lot like life...

there's no such thing as freemium. Its all pay to play while exploiting the psychology of gambling. :mellow:

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
What WOULDNT Batman do?!

stop wasting his money on making weapons to beat up poor people with and fund Gotham's woefully inadequate mental health system?:mellow:

Mole

Permabanned
[MENTION=4050]ceecee[/MENTION]: I think that the attitude at the Claremont Intsitute can be summarized by the phrase from the novel The Leopard by G.T. di Lampedusa: Se vogliamo che rimanga tutto com'è, bisogna che tutto cambi. "If we want everything to remain the same, everything must change."

"What have you done for me lately?", you ask.

Well, I have been remiss, but I hope this will make it up to you, by clicking The Leopard : Lampedusa, Giuseppe Di : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive.