• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
He already built the wall. It's in our HEARTS. The true believers in the church of secular leftism are too brainwashed to understand that he meant that from the beginning.

He even wrote a song about it!

The rumor that it was Pink Floyd is FALSE. He clearly states in the song "Mother should I run for President?" Why would an English band say President and not Prime Minister. Use critical thinking people!

lol Yes I've heard this. It's so unlike the church of American conservatism, that's in no way a cult.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I always wonder if people can say their politics were ever really influenced by a single book or series of books.

I would say your politics are affected by everything you have come into contact with, even if you are not aware of them as a political issue. As well as how you were raised, affects how your brain develops. Everything from music, movies, books, TV shows, overhearing conversations, talking with and meeting other people. We form a lot of opinions before we even know we have them. Which is why you feel a certain way already when someone asks you what you think is right or wrong, without really thinking about it.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would say your politics are affected by everything you have come into contact with, even if you are not aware of them as a political issue. As well as how you were raised, affects how your brain develops. Everything from music, movies, books, TV shows, overhearing conversations, talking with and meeting other people. We form a lot of opinions before we even know we have them. Which is why you feel a certain way already when someone asks you what you think is right or wrong, without really thinking about it.

Do you think it is the same for you?

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you think it is the same for you?

Oh course, that was a general "your". Also, didn't you see my gradual lean to the left since I came here in the political compass test? Meaning I have changed my mind on a few things in the last two years without even really being aware of it. See, the stupid arguments I have with you guys do accomplish something. :dry: I am just too stubborn to admit when I am wrong, and change my mind in silence.

Most of my media consumption is of foreign nature though, as well as the books I read. I find a lot of today's American media to be extremely superficial, bland, and uncreative. You have to read some pretty old stuff if you want anything good. It is all far too commercialized now. All to pander to the lowest common denominator, but never satisfying anyone while also making bank. As they say, just because its popular doesn't mean its good.

I find people who use fictional universes as arguments in politics to be horrifying. (Glances at HP fandom) It seems to be getting extremely common now a days. :shock:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh course, that was a general "your". Also, didn't you see my gradual lean to the left since I came here in the political compass test? Meaning I have changed my mind on a few things in the last two years without even really being aware of it. See, the stupid arguments I have with you guys do accomplish something. :dry: I am just too stubborn to admit when I am wrong, and change my mind in silence.

Yeah, I figured. I just wanted to check. I did notice the policital compass test results, but I didn't have a baseline to compare it with.

I find people who use fictional universes as arguments in politics to be horrifying. (Glances at HP fandom) It seems to be getting extremely common now a days. :shock:

I dunno, I'd like it the Game of Thrones finale was relevant and a completely random-ass left-field person was in charge next year. If it's some weirdo who hung out in a tree for the year and can see the future and the past but does nothing with that actual knowledge and doesn't mention it when actually important, I'd be ok with that.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I figured. I just wanted to check. I did notice the policital compass test results, but I didn't have a baseline to compare it with.

I dunno, I'd like it the Game of Thrones finale was relevant and a completely random-ass left-field person was in charge next year. If it's some weirdo who hung out in a tree for the year and can see the future and the past but does nothing with that actual knowledge and doesn't mention it when actually important, I'd be ok with that.

This is where I was in 2016-18 iirc

Lmao, the show fell apart after it no longer had books to go off of. If you're trying to compare that to the Trump presidency, you are out of touch. :p

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Lindsay Graham is gay? I thought this was well known. Apparently not.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lmao, the show fell apart after it no longer had books to go off of. If you're trying to compare that to the Trump presidency, you are out of touch. :p

It definitely fell apart in the last few seasons, lol

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lindsay Graham is gay? I thought this was well known. Apparently not.

Shocking to some, I know...

I guess when it moves from private stories to public accusations and documented anecdotes, then things get real.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Except the UK has a terrible prime ministrer with ridiculous hair, as well.

I've thought for a long time that the US would have been better off had they remained under British rule and later become an autonomous commonwealth state like Canada and Australia. Slavery would've ended earlier in North America. Probably would be no civil war. Probably still would've seen a Spanish-american war and WWI, albeit playing out a bit differently. The British, while brutal in their own right, had better relations with the native tribes of North America than the white Americans ever did, so perhaps we wouldn't have seen the same brutality dealt to those people.

Lark

I've thought for a long time that the US would have been better off had they remained under British rule and later become an autonomous commonwealth state like Canada and Australia. Slavery would've ended earlier in North America. Probably would be no civil war. Probably still would've seen a Spanish-american war and WWI, albeit playing out a bit differently. The British, while brutal in their own right, had better relations with the native tribes of North America than the white Americans ever did, so perhaps we wouldn't have seen the same brutality dealt to those people.

When you consider the state of things in england right now you could hardly believe it would have been a good idea to remain a colony.

Australia and Canada are very different to any of the nations closer to that particular epicentre and I would suspect that's got a lot to do with immigration and their own national cultures.

Do you think if the US had remained a colony that it would have been the battle field for world war one or two instead of central europe?

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

― George Orwell, 1984

This book is eerie (I took the time to read it before...) but at the same time is a good reminder not to get lost in a loop of believing every thing you read or perceive. Many things are pushed agendas, conspiracies, and speculation. They all attempt to rewrite history, or try to make something, something it isn't.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Friedrich Merz, one of a handful of possible successors to Angela Merkel, is known as an "Atlantiker", i. e. very pro-American and favoring strong relations with the US. In a recent interview he was asked about his praisal for America and his claim that there is a lot to learn from Americans. His reply was "Well, yes, obviously not the educational system or the healthcare system or the labor system... but I appreciate their innovative spirit and mindset!"

Now he has (falsely) claimed there is no problem with racism in the German police because "racism and police brutality in Germany is nowhere near as bad as in America".

This guy is one of the most pro-American politicians in this country, which itself is one of the closest allies of the US.