• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Trump is the 1998 Godzilla, the shitty one with Matthew Broderick and the Puff Daddy song

Jaguar

Jill Biden says Trump is `afraid' to run against her husband.

Well who doesn't know that, dear? Anyone who would solicit a bribe to dirty up their political opponent reeks of fear.

Jaguar

Why do I have to wake up listening to crazy shit coming out of Lindsey Graham? "I'm not going to pretend to be a fair juror here"? Then Rand Paul comes on saying we shouldn't have been sending money to Ukraine to begin with in a lame attempt to rationalize bribing Zelensky. Tell me, when you see a speed limit sign, do you slam your foot on the pedal and hit 100 m.p.h. because you think that's what the speed limit should be? Try telling that to a cop. See how far you get. Oh, and don't forget to call him "partisan" when he writes you a ticket because you think you're above the law.

Jagoffs.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

What is the source of these stats? They look way off to me compared to what I have garnered. I'd like to find out so I can compare with other info I have.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
What is the source of these stats? They look way off to me compared to what I have garnered. I'd like to find out so I can compare with other info I have.

I have presumed that the source is OECD itself. For me locally this generally works since a number of factors keep this really low, but ratios between other countries and their numbers could be off. I thought some of the these number are kinda "strange". If you have better ones feel free to post them.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have presumed that the source is OECD itself. For me locally this generally works since a number of factors keep this really low, but ratios between other countries and their numbers could be off. I thought some of the these number are kinda "strange". If you have better ones feel free to post them.

The number for Germany at least is bullshit. The country has about 82 million inhabitants. The estimated number of people who are "wohnungslos" is about 860.000. While wohnungslos is usually translated as homeless it technically includes anyone without their own mailbox, soldiers in baracks, people in hospitals and care facilities, adolescents in supervised shared apartments, women and children in shelters, etc. The estimated number of people actually living on the street is 52.000. That is very far below the 0,4% in the graph.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
The number for Germany at least is bullshit. The country has about 82 million inhabitants. The estimated number of people who are "wohnungslos" is about 860.000. While wohnungslos is usually translated as homeless it technically includes anyone without their own mailbox, soldiers in baracks, people in hospitals and care facilities, adolescents in supervised shared apartments, women and children in shelters, etc. The estimated number of people actually living on the street is 52.000. That is very far below the 0,4% in the graph.

Yes that is the biggest problem in the whole thing, how do you define "homeless". That was mentioned already in the TV report that got me started me to dig more.
By my local standards it is everyone that doesn't live in a flat, house or some state institution (like the army).

Jaguar

Big businesses paying even less than expected under GOP tax law - POLITICO

Another potential explanation: Trump’s tariffs, which could hurt corporate tax revenues in two ways. If a U.S. company that relies on components made in China suddenly sees the cost of those items increase, it will have more to deduct as business expenses. Alternatively, if a company is seeing fewer sales because it is passing along the cost of the tariffs to its customers, it will have fewer profits to tax.

“You either reduce business receipts or increase deductible costs, and either of those things reduce corporate taxable income,” said Pomerleau. “It may mean corporate tax liability is lower than we expected not because our projections of the TCJA were wrong, but maybe because we didn’t account for the fact that tariffs were going to lower corporate receipts.”

A head for business. Imagine that.

Jaguar

A top U.S. Air Force general on Tuesday said he expects North Korea’s “Christmas gift” to the United States to be a long-range missile test.

To Mar-a-Lago, or what?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
All in all with everything that happened globally over the last few days the odds of returning to pre-2016 world are basically pure 0.

(I just want to say it out loud)

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Where will we get vibranium? WTF is Captain America going to use for his shield ?

People use goofy pop culture references, among other things, all the time when creating data to use to test software. I've definitely done it. I like to use Henry Winkler, for instance, just because I think the name is funny. I also like to use Sebastian Ichabod, after my cat.

Of course, you should remember to take that information down once you've verified that everything is working properly.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I usually see a lot of fictional characters show up in our test data runs at work, just for kicks.

But it isn't in the live system.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
She's not wrong, but the use of the phrase "wine cave" makes me laugh. It just makes me think of donors as as some kind of fanged wino beasts. They would feast on human flesh, but they're so drunk they usually pass out before they leave their lairs. Perhaps they're using the U.S. government to get processed human meat off the ground. Sort of like Soylent Green, but for ghouls.