• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"Most voters agree with my weird personality cult masquerading as an ideology, which is why I think we need to keep arcane systems that let candidates win without a majority like the electoral college. "

Jaguar

“I’d like to see a bag of shit right in his face. Hit him right in the face like that, and let the picture go all over the world.”

- Robert De Niro

No need to wonder where he stands. lol.

Despotic Ocelot

Permabanned
I still can't get a single invitation to one of these riveting one on one show downs where we get to vanquish our virtual foes with irrefutable facts, never before seen PMs and deleted posts.

deleted all his posts

delete all your posts.

Do I even know you? I don't think I've ever even talked to you until 2 weeks ago. Why do you keep spamming this?

Are you upset about Jaguar? I don't need to justify anything I do to you - how's "Because I feel like it" for an explanation? I hope that suits you, because it's the only one you're getting.

All you need to be concerned with is... did Jaguar confront/rebut a single point I provided? No? All he did was fling feces and troll? So nothing got addressed and the point stands... so what fucking difference does it make if I remain in a 2-year-old's crib or not. What are you, my mother?

Or is your opinion on dear leader changing? Are you now of the belief that he DID collude with Putin, and THAT'S why you're mad I vacated the 2-year-old's crib? You're mad that I'm saying there was no collusion? The Inspector General report just came out (he was appointed in 2012 by a democrat) which said the investigation was a lie and the dossier was a lie - fact number one hundred for the thing being McCarthyism.

You're either mad because you agree with Jaguar, or you don't agree with Jaguar so you have no reason to give a shit unless you're my mother. Either way, you sound really obnoxious spamming this shit over and over. "Because I feel like it", that's your much-needed answer, enjoy it because it's the only one you're getting.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
To be honest I am not sure that 2020 will really be that much of crossroad in classical political sense. Regardless of internal drama US just doesn't seem to have the strength or wisdom to keep it's current global influence. What makes it's economy based on debt completely unsustainable. The problems and foreign pressures are just too big that you just can't really fix them with voting for the new pack of people. Even if "folk wisdom" says that this is answer to everything and that everything will come true if you wish it hard enough.

Shoot me but I think that the pile of cards will simply crash regardless of impeachment and who wins 2020. The situation in foreign policy is simply unsustainable and that policy is the foundation of everything, economy included. I know that this isn't a nice thing to say but I simply can't help myself while watching this drama. :shrug:

Jaguar

Obama olive branches to Republicans

As Obama extended olive branch after olive branch to the GOP, congressional Republicans repeatedly swatted them away. In a January 2009 meeting, House Republicans vowed to become, in the words of Minority Leader John Boehner, “an entrepreneurial insurgency” that would fight the Democrats on all fronts. At the same time, Minority Leader Mitch McConnell laid out a similar plan in the Senate. As Sen. George Voinovich of Ohio later recalled, the Republican plan was straightforward – whatever Obama proposed, they would oppose: “If he was for it, we had to be against it.”

Behavior like that was why I left the GOP. It became a party of juveniles.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
That's not very Spiderman. Not very spiderman at all.

Jaguar

“If it means that I am viewed as one who looks openly and critically at every issue in front of me rather than acting as a rubber stamp for my party or my president, I’m totally good with that,” Murkowski said. “I am totally, totally good with that.”

Hang tough, Lisa.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Barack Obama challenges 'woke' culture - BBC News

Mr Obama told the audience: "I get a sense among certain young people on social media that the way of making change is to be as judgemental as possible about other people.

"If I tweet or hashtag about how you didn't do something right or used the wrong verb, then I can sit back and feel pretty good about myself because 'Man did you see how woke I was? I called you out!'"

"That's enough," he said. "If all you're doing is casting stones, you are probably not going to get that far."
Mr Obama added that "people who do really good stuff have flaws".

Last April, he told a crowd at an Obama Foundation event in Berlin: "One of the things I do worry about among progressives in the United States, maybe it's true here as well, is a certain kind of rigidity where we say 'Uh, I'm sorry, this is how it's going to be' and then we start sometimes creating what's called a 'circular firing squad', where you start shooting at your allies because one of them has strayed from purity on the issues."

Jen Psaki, former Obama White House communications director, told CNN that she believed Mr Obama's most recent comments were a message for the Democratic Party and those running for election.
"If we are launching purity tests, we are going to have such a small party and will not be able to win. Governing is not about saying: 'You don't agree with me, then you can't be part of the conversation.'"