• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Dangerous Case Of Donald Trump

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Have there been any Islamofascist terrorist attacks on US soil since Trump's "travel ban"? Definitely nothing significant; this is yet another stunning success. I see it as common sense triumphing over emotional irrationalism.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Have there been any Islamofascist terrorist attacks on US soil since Trump's "travel ban"? Definitely nothing significant; this is yet another stunning success. I see it as common sense triumphing over emotional irrationalism.

There have been plenty of terrorist attacks. Why is Islamofascist terror the only terror we should care about?

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Julius_Van_Der_Beak said:
Why is Islamofascist terror the only terror we should care about?

It isn't. We should also start identifying Antifa goons and punish them severely. I think we should also include South American gangs like MS13 as terrorist groups and get rid of them asap.

Still, it's a pretty bold move by Trump that's paid off. This travel ban will very likely have saved more American lives than any gun laws and isn't that what Dems really care about, lol?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It isn't. We should also start identifying Antifa goons and punish them severely. I think we should also include South American gangs like MS13 as terrorist groups and get rid of them asap.

Still, it's a pretty bold move by Trump that's paid off. This travel ban will very likely have saved more American lives than any gun laws and isn't that what Dems really care about, lol?

I was thinking mainly of stuff like the Tree of Life terrorist attack.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I was thinking mainly of stuff like the Tree of Life terrorist attack.

Synagogues and other religious facilities should have armed security. It is Pittsburgh after all.

"The overall crime rate in Pittsburgh is 37% higher than the national average. For every 100,000 people, there are 10.33 daily crimes that occur in Pittsburgh."

I do think Trump should issue a travel advisory warning about Pittsburgh and other Democrat run cities. They're violent, unsafe hell-holes.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Synagogues and other religious facilities should have armed security. It is Pittsburgh after all.

"The overall crime rate in Pittsburgh is 37% higher than the national average. For every 100,000 people, there are 10.33 daily crimes that occur in Pittsburgh."

I do think Trump should issue a travel advisory warning about Pittsburgh and other Democrat run cities. They're violent, unsafe hell-holes.

So terrorism doesn't matter if it's in a place run by Democrats?

I rest my case.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

The FBI is claiming at least 100 white nationalism fueled arrests this fiscal year. Can't build a wall around this kind of human garbage and can't deport them. Of course you and people like you never call it out, same way Trump never mentions them, they are part of his base after all. But please spew some more libertarian supremacy as the answer to the problem. lol you sound like a Facebook Boomer meme.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
So terrorism doesn't matter if it's in a place run by Democrats?

It's pretty far down the list. Here in L.A., we have to worry about typhoid fever and typhus thanks to Democrat policies. Homes are burning down because Democrats say we can't cut down dry trees.

In Chicago, urban youths are killing people every week. You guys don't care because you can't blame it on Trump.

ceecee said:
The FBI is claiming at least 100 white nationalism fueled arrests this fiscal year.

That's peanuts; we see more arrests at G7 protests from neo-hippies.

Jaguar

Nah, Trump should look a little closer to home and issue a travel advisory warning for the violent, unsafe hell-hole called Washington D.C. The overall crime rate in Washington is 86% higher than the national average and it has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. It used to be known as the murder capital.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Jaguar said:
The overall crime rate in Washington is 86% higher than the national average and it has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities.

It occurred to me that DC might be a problem when Mayor Marion Barry got re-elected after serving in prison. The biggest hero of the DC electorate is some cokehead politician.

The biggest problem with places like Pittsburgh, Detroit, and DC is a lack of morality; that is also the biggest difference between libertarians and Democrats.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It occurred to me that DC might be a problem when Mayor Marion Barry got re-elected after serving in prison. The biggest hero of the DC electorate is some cokehead politician.

Hey, if Trump gets re-elected after being impeached, it'll be a direct parallel to Marion Berry!

The biggest problem with places like Pittsburgh, Detroit, and DC is a lack of morality; that is also the biggest difference between libertarians and Democrats.

Trump is so moral, nobody is more moral than him. Turning a blind eye to anti-Semitic terrorist attacks because they happen in places with low morality, is of course, a hallmark of very high moral character.

Lark

As I understand it libertarians are a big fan of spontaneous order and markets as the source of value, including moral value, so its kind of inexplicable how these things dont sort themselves out.

Must be something else.

Must be the money. ;)

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Hey, if Trump gets re-elected after being impeached, it'll be a direct parallel to Marion Berry!

Not really; it'd be a parallel if Trump got convicted and had to resign or be removed, but nice try though.

Trump is so moral, nobody is more moral than him. Turning a blind eye to anti-Semitic terrorist attacks because they happen in places with low morality, is of course, a hallmark of very high moral character.

He's a pragmatist; you should know this by now.

Lark said:
As I understand it libertarians are a big fan of spontaneous order and markets as the source of value, including moral value, so its kind of inexplicable how these things dont sort themselves out.

Basically, businesses under capitalism select for the norms that best reflects the majority of its customer base. In the USA, this means most businesses have to be moral in order to survive. In scumbag nations, this may mean that businesses have to be scumbaggy to be successful.

Lark

Not really; it'd be a parallel if Trump got convicted and had to resign or be removed, but nice try though.

He's a pragmatist; you should know this by now.

Basically, businesses under capitalism select for the norms that best reflects the majority of its customer base. In the USA, this means most businesses have to be moral in order to survive. In scumbag nations, this may mean that businesses have to be scumbaggy to be successful.

Trump is a Chump Telle, you guys should be thinking about your plan B by now, maybe Arnie.

You sound more like a moral economist than a true libertarian Telle, I like Polanyi too.

Polanyi, the Failed Prophet of Moral Economics | Boston Review

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Lark said:
Trump is a Chump Telle, you guys should be thinking about your plan B by now, maybe Arnie.

We're not looking for a boy scout like Mittens; we want a fighter and Trump's freakin' awesome.

You sound more like a moral economist than a true libertarian Telle, I like Polanyi too.

Not sure what you mean; you have a problem of not citing examples.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

As the video claims this is much wider problem than just Trump, however he doesn't seem to have a problem with this "game". Which is realistically getting completely out of control.
This is actually the real problem and partisan drama is here mostly just because no one knows how to really fix this (in the case they even care).

Therefore low blows over the threads and topics really wouldn't solve anything in the end. This entire sub-forum should re-frame the debate in order to get any relevant substance.

Lark

We're not looking for a boy scout like Mittens; we want a fighter and Trump's freakin' awesome.

Not sure what you mean; you have a problem of not citing examples.

I posted a link to an article on Polanyi, he was the archetypical moral economist.

Old Donald Chump isnt a fighter, he's an embarrassment, a lot like Bush Jr. was before him. :D

Lark

As the video claims this is much wider problem than just Trump, however he doesn't seem to have a problem with this "game". Which is realistically getting completely out of control.
This is actually the real problem and partisan drama is here mostly just because no one knows how to really fix this (in the case they even care).

Therefore low blows over the threads and topics really wouldn't solve anything in the end. This entire sub-forum should re-frame the debate in order to get any relevant substance.

We really should get the whole Donald Chump thing trending too.