• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Dangerous Case Of Donald Trump

Jaguar

'You can't let that happen to me!' Trump begs Kentucky fans to block defeat of GOP governor.

Too bad Donnie, it happened.

The Republican Governor refuses to concede. (He's a douche.)

rav3n

In partical terms, libertarianism seems to be a philosophy favored by people who try to cope with complexity by pretending that it does not exist. No libertarian on this forum has ever offered anything but simplistic solutions to complex problems. That is why they always want to go back in time to some natural state when things were supposedly simpler. Libertarianism is to politics what Monopoly (the game) is to economics.
Libertarianism is a Koch manipulation. Self-sufficiency is appealing to most people BUT Libertarianism benefits the ultra wealthy the most since they've gathered up the majority of the global resources so no one can challenge their supremacy on the free market. In the end, the best that the average Joe can expect is an oligopoly of colluding corporations. That's a low bar for 'best' since it doesn't have to be that way.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Not a very hope-inducing one, though. The Democrat barely won, against a very unpopular Republican incumbent. But there is a more interesting move to be had next November along similar lines: Whether Trump survives or not, it would be very satisfying to see McConnell, the country's least popular senator, lose to a highly electable Democrat.

Actually my thought was that now Mitch will perhaps have to think twice about what he is doing regarding the whole impeachment thing, since many seem to have various second thoughts. This basically proves to everybody he is vulnerable and I think that matters.

However blue governor in what is clearly a red state is a win on it's own. It isn't the biggest win ever but it still represents something on the map.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I see that Kentucky did an "interesting move", which will probably have large consequences down the road.

Not really, legislature is still GOP. Virginia, that's going to be worth watching down the road.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Not really, legislature is still GOP. Virginia, that's going to be worth watching down the road.

You don't change opinion on my post even with my clarification in mind ? Which is few posts later.

(I am curious about this)

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
You don't change opinion on my post even with my clarification in mind ? Which is few posts later.

(I am curious about this)

No, not really. Bashar can use exe. orders like Trump does but he won't get much passed. The GOP losing the gov. had little to do with impeachment (so Mitch should drop talking about it as a GOP positive) and a lot to do with Bevin's stance on vaping. And that he's spent the better part of his term talking to teachers like they were human scum oh and the miners barricading the train for back pay - they got selfies. Mitch McConnell doesn't have much to worry about himself. They're running a shitty Dem against him.

I have a favorite podcast out of Eastern Ky, so I know more about this race than I ever would otherwise. I think you might like them too.

Trillbilly Workers Party | Free Listening on SoundCloud

'scuse typos - i had a procedure on my left hand earlier.

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That hasn't been a problem with China; they aren't very imperialistic at all. I appreciate all the effort, but you've made some wild leaps that aren't true.

Tell that to all the the countries around the South China Sea. But I'm sure you know all about that.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
No, not really. Bashar can use exe. orders like Trump does but he won't get much passed. The GOP losing the gov. had little to do with impeachment (so Mitch should drop talking about it as a GOP positive) and a lot to do with Bevin's stance on vaping. And that he's spent the better part of his term talking to teachers like they were human scum oh and the miners barricading the train for back pay - they got selfies. Mitch McConnell doesn't have much to worry about himself. They're running a shitty Dem against him.

I have a favorite podcast out of Eastern Ky, so I know more about this race than I ever would otherwise. I think you might like them too.

Trillbilly Workers Party | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Thanks but my time here is already in the domain of "overspending". :)

My only real point was that this is probably better "for the cause" then in the case that you have a red win. If anything simply because it has proven that a senate win is theoretically possible.

Tell that to all the the countries around the South China Sea. But I'm sure you know all about that.

More like most of Asia and very good chunks of Africa and Europe.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Thanks but my time here is already in the domain of "overspending". :)

My only real point was that this is probably better "for the cause" then in the case that you have a red win. If anything simply because it has proven that a senate win is theoretically possible.

I don't think abolishing the senate is a bad idea so I'm not the best opinion on the matter. But for now, there are other senate wins more possible than KY - Arizona, Maine, Colorado. In addition to the Dems retaining all the seats they have, of course.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I keep thinking that it's really too bad they couldn't have additionally taken an informal anonymous vote last week in the House. It wouldn't have directly made a difference in an official capacity, but it would have been an interesting reality check.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I don't think abolishing the senate is a bad idea so I'm not the best opinion on the matter. But for now, there are other senate wins more possible than KY - Arizona, Maine, Colorado. In addition to the Dems retaining all the seats they have, of course.

So you value Croatian logic ? :D (where we quickly after independence realized that we don't really need it)

Of course, but the one in Kentucky has a special value attached to it. It isn't just any other seat.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
The only source of satire over here that can keep up (without simply sounding redundant, because actual headlines have become so unreal) is the Borowitz Report.

The Onion's headlines have actually started to sound more sane than the real thing.

tumblr_pwms1bQcZ61xoyw8po1_1280.jpg

Nicodemus

Future generations will struggle to fathom how this absurdity could ever have happened. Trump is so patently unfit, it never ceases to amaze me that there are people who fail cannot it.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Donald Trump Is All Alone in the White House - The Atlantic

Interesting comments about Trumps schedule / working environment and the importance of de-stressing for a commander in chief w/ past presidents.

People are waking up to the fact that there is no "across the isle" anymore and that yeah, Obama forging relationships with R's was exactly the waste of time it would be today, shooting hoops and having dinner with the fam is a much better idea. I also saw the article as somewhat pandering for sympathy for Trump but he's likely getting zero from Atlantic readers. Briebart or Red State would be a better idea.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People are waking up to the fact that there is no "across the isle" anymore and that yeah, Obama forging relationships with R's was exactly the waste of time it would be today, shooting hoops and having dinner with the fam is a much better idea. I also saw the article as somewhat pandering for sympathy for Trump but he's likely getting zero from Atlantic readers. Briebart or Red State would be a better idea.

I don't think it ended feeling especially sympathetic towards Trump, although the bulk in the middle could feel that way.

I sure didn't, though. Someone makes their bed, they can lie in it and stare miserably at the ceiling in their own self-created dark night of whatever soul they have left. Wherever things have ended up, they are the results of many, many, many self-indulgent and ill-considered decisions.