• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Oh God, lets talk about God.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Koran and the Hadith are quite explicit about the duties of muslims.

Ok, let me start by questions.. what are the 5 pillars of Islam and 5 pillars of Islamic belief system? What are the terms and conditions of fighting aka Jihad? And why do you think Sharia law contradicts with human rights and democracy?

Mole

Permabanned
Ok, let me start by questions.. what are the 5 pillars of Islam and 5 pillars of Islamic belief system? What are the terms and conditions of fighting aka Jihad? And why do you think Sharia law contradicts with human rights and democracy?

Well, the Organisation of Islamic Co-operation (OIC), founded in 1969, and consisting of 57 Islamic States, has openly and publicly rejected The Universal Declaration of Human Rights in favour of Sharia.

To read about the OIC click on Organisation of Islamic Cooperation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, the Organisation of Islamic Co-operation (OIC), founded in 1969, and consisting of 57 Islamic States, has openly and publicly rejected The Universal Declaration of Human Rights in favour of Sharia.

To read about the OIC click on Organisation of Islamic Cooperation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You didn't answer my questions btw.
Having reserves on certain terms of the decleration doesn't imply being against the principles of the decleration, it means the other team has a different point of view, putting those labels on the others' opinions implies that the way you view the case is the only way possible, which implies you don't believe in democracy ;)

Ps: I didn't mean that, but I'm just showing you how the claims are actually made

Zangetshumody

MBTI Type
INTJ
Most are innumerate and statistics is universally hated. Yet it is statistics that gives us our most accurate description of reality.

Statistics is used in the scientific "explanation" for reality, it describes the state of Scientific "understanding"; don't confuse this with anything like "reality[-itself]", Science still has to surmount validating its method against the real experience of reality**: a reality which, has even proven itself, to be fundamentally opposed to temporal-determinism, the exact kind of determinism depended on, and presumed by the Scientific method— to render the method operative.

**(but of course, "Science" gives everyone permission to retract the application of common-sense to all the inane philosophical-sophistry,— used to prop-up some fashion of epistemological support for science.)

Time is not fungible, QED, measurements of a predictive consistency, through experimentation, is fundamentally specious. When science conceded that determinism was no longer a viable hypothesis, it displaced scientific explanation with statistical descriptions, instead of just admitting the fact, that— according to science, there must be: at least some statistical quantity above zero, that science will never be able to comprehend, or explain or give a description for~

Ever ask yourself... why do significant figures exist (and also, why,— fundamentally, will Science never be able to rid itself from using significant figures)?
because determinism is a false model, and its the basic structure shared in every hard science.

Psychology and philosophy inhabit the only ground with which to grow the Academy, but at this juncture, the cancer of Scientism, coupled with an overrun and weakened 'heart' of psychology, makes the ineffectual lungs of any 'philosophical coherence' impossible to bring the corpse of 'Western Thought' into some kind of revival.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A good muslim practises jihad and seeks to replace liberal democracy and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights with Sharia Law.

Can you really see yourself as a jihadi warrior fighting for Sharia Law?

i can see myself as a belieger in God, Jesus, Moses and all that i understand from the Bible, from Jesus, and from the Quuran. i seperate mohammed because he has 2 roles...one is a leader, second is a messenger. he presents the word and practices it. he is not comparable to God or Jesus. he is a mortal messenger.

i have no issues with what i have read is Jihad and i have no issues with what i currently have learned about sharia law through the quuran and through the docrine its based off of...the name slips my mind right now.

jihad to me right now would be a war against terrorism.

sharia law to me...

Firstly, Shariah preserves basic human rights in order to maintain harmony in society. This necessary protection applies to all members of society, irrespective of their race, religion, or ethnicity. These rights are classified as faith, life, progeny, property, and intellect. These fundamental protections ensure freedom of religion, affirm the sanctity of life, validate the importance of family, guarantee the security of assets, and uphold the power of reasoning.

i have found NUMEROUS teachings and explanations that follow the basic principle of the quuran as well as Jesus and God. these are the ones i believe to be true, not ones that go against the basic teachings of love, mercy, just. any verse that i read that goes against these i have to figure out why and how they would fit within love, mercy, and just. how they fit in the basic principles of God, Jesus, and the quuran. Quuran recognizes Jesus as a messenger as well as Moses and that fact alone means that they also speak the truth.

i have a different understanding then others who in my opinion are deemed ignorant and blind to the word and what matters.

Mole

Permabanned
You didn't answer my questions btw.
Having reserves on certain terms of the decleration doesn't imply being against the principles of the decleration, it means the other team has a different point of view, putting those labels on the others' opinions implies that the way you view the case is the only way possible, which implies you don't believe in democracy ;)

Ps: I didn't mean that, but I'm just showing you how the claims are actually made

The Organisation of Islamic Co-operation (OIC) does not just have reservations about the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the OIC openly and publicly reject all of it in favour of Sharia.

And the OIC seek to replace the Universal Declaration of Human Rights with the universal Sharia. And the methods used to arrive at universal Sharia are jihad and terrorism.

Also the OIC make it plain that Sharia and liberal democracy are incompatible.

Mole

Permabanned
i can see myself as a belieger in God, Jesus, Moses and all that i understand from the Bible, from Jesus, and from the Quuran. i seperate mohammed because he has 2 roles...one is a leader, second is a messenger. he presents the word and practices it. he is not comparable to God or Jesus. he is a mortal messenger.

i have no issues with what i have read is Jihad and i have no issues with what i currently have learned about sharia law through the quuran and through the docrine its based off of...the name slips my mind right now.

jihad to me right now would be a war against terrorism.

sharia law to me...

i have found NUMEROUS teachings and explanations that follow the basic principle of the quuran as well as Jesus and God. these are the ones i believe to be true, not ones that go against the basic teachings of love, mercy, just. any verse that i read that goes against these i have to figure out why and how they would fit within love, mercy, and just. how they fit in the basic principles of God, Jesus, and the quuran. Quuran recognizes Jesus as a messenger as well as Moses and that fact alone means that they also speak the truth.

i have a different understanding then others who in my opinion are deemed ignorant and blind to the word and what matters.

Islam prescribes every detail of a muslim's life. And so Islam is totalitarian. And Islam has a political ideology about how to gain power.

We have been here before with not one but two totalitarian political ideologies, and we defeated them, and as a result wrote and ratified the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

So it is no wonder Islam rejects the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and liberal democracy, because both stand in its path to power.

Mole

Permabanned
Psychology and philosophy inhabit the only ground with which to grow the Academy, but at this juncture, the cancer of Scientism, coupled with an overrun and weakened 'heart' of psychology, makes the ineffectual lungs of any 'philosophical coherence' impossible to bring the corpse of 'Western Thought' into some kind of revival.

Science is based on fact. For instance, Chemistry is based on the fact of the Periodic Table, and Physics is based on the facts of Quantum Mechanics and Relativity, and Biology is based on the fact of Natural Selection. Psychology is not based on anything like the Periodic Table, and so Psychology is not based on fact.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Organisation of Islamic Co-operation (OIC) does not just have reservations about the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the OIC openly and publicly reject all of it in favour of Sharia.

And the OIC seek to replace the Universal Declaration of Human Rights with the universal Sharia. And the methods used to arrive at universal Sharia are jihad and terrorism.

Yeah you still did not answer any of my questions, I am not gonna repeat them since you obviousely have no answers and prefer to shower yourself with superficial assumptions.. I am talking about Islamic basic beliefs not the OIC, while you're trying to cover up your lack of knowledge in that subject by opening other files and cases.. Last word for you Mole, knowing more wouldn't harm anybody ;)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I made a video to practice talking to the camera. Middle school quality. Of course I dive into the heaviest topic to talk about. But I honestly want to know everyones opinion about this. What are your thoughts of God. Do you think God does, or doesnt exist. Why or why not.

I am an atheist and I have never prayed in my entire life.

1. I don't see that religious people get any real concrete benefit in life for being religious.
2. Religions all seem to have a number of contradictions (as if they are made by different people in step by step process)
3. I've seen genocides of religious people and destruction of religious infrastructure. Not only that god didn't intervene but courts didn't process this properly or at all.
4. If god made this world then he created the laws of physics and therefore that means that God directly made Nuclear weapons possible.
5. Evolution contradicts religions and it has a way more physical proofs then any religion for their claims.
6. Eternal life is basically pointless from human perspective. Complete death is what gives it at least some meaning.
7. God doesn't really explain anything since you can always ask "who created God?". Therefore if God can simply be then so can reality.
8. All observations of the universe suggest a question "Is life even the goal of this reality". (vaccum, radiation, black holes, nutron stars, the concept of ethernal night"
9. Just if there is emotional need for God that doesn't mean it really exists.

My 2 cents.

Mole

Permabanned
Yeah you still did not answer any of my questions, I am not gonna repeat them since you obviousely have no answers and prefer to shower yourself with superficial assumptions.. I am talking about Islamic basic beliefs not the OIC, while you're trying to cover up your lack of knowledge in that subject by opening other files and cases.. Last word for you Mole, knowing more wouldn't harm anybody ;)

The kind of questions you are asking me are the kind of questions that are asked by those proselytising for Islam. So I ask you straight out: what is your interest in Islam.

And interestingly, your questions are the same questions they ask of passengers on a bus at the point of a gun. And their answers determine whether they are muslim or infidels, and their answers determine who shall live and who shall die.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The kind of questions you are asking me are the kind of questions that are asked by those proselytising for Islam. So I ask you straight out: what is your interest in Islam.

And interestingly, your questions are the same questions they ask of passengers on a bus at the point of a gun. And their answers determine whether they are muslim or infidels, and their answers determine who shall live and who shall die.

Oh, So now you answer a subjective question with another non subjective question, I dare you to give me any answers Mole :devil: nobody is pointing any gun on anybody else around here, no death threatens as far as I know :shrug:, asking questions is threatenning?! I cannot argue with such logic, I could have simply followed your logic and accepted yout point of view if you simply convinced me, that's my method of getting through things, I don't give a damn about taking sides and winning debates, I only care about finding out the truth and a rational discussion..
I will answer you with this, I don't think my interests are of anybody's business, neither do I think your interests are any of my business..
I got you, you don't have answers, in fact you REFUSE to have or search for any answers.. It's absolutely fine with me ;)

Empyrean

Science is based on fact. For instance, Chemistry is based on the fact of the Periodic Table, and Physics is based on the facts of Quantum Mechanics and Relativity, and Biology is based on the fact of Natural Selection. Psychology is not based on anything like the Periodic Table, and so Psychology is not based on fact.

What is a fact?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am an atheist and I have never prayed in my entire life.

1. I don't see that religious people get any real concrete benefit in life for being religious.
2. Religions all seem to have a number of contradictions (as if they are made by different people in step by step process)
3. I've seen genocides of religious people and destruction of religious infrastructure. Not only that god didn't intervene but courts didn't process this
properly or at all.
4. If god made this world then he created the laws of physics and therefore that means that God directly made Nuclear weapons possible.
5. Evolution contradicts religions and it has a way more physical proofs then any religion for their claims.
6. Eternal life is basically pointless from human perspective. Complete death is what gives it at least some meaning.
7. God doesn't really explain anything since you can always ask "who created God?". Therefore if God can simply be then so can reality.
8. All observations of the universe suggest a question "Is life even the goal of this reality". (vaccum, radiation, black holes, nutron stars, the concept of ethernal night"
9. Just if there is emotional need for God that doesn't mean it really exists.

My 2 cents.

biggest issue i see revolving around God whether religious or not is internal dissonance. the only way around that is to accept life for whatever it is, do good, do your best and enjoy life. its yours, no one elses.

the most complicated topics revolve around things like...my mom has always heen very religious and i personally knock alot of religious practices as fear mongering. she thinks that means i am going to hell and it really affects her. she cant hold a belief personally while still saying...i dont really know for sure. i believe this, but it doesnt mean i am right. they dont know how to hold conflicting thoughts like that.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

and hillary is a saint and all knowing because she belongs to the democratic group. therefore all democrats are liars and do exactly as her group does.

maybe that wasnt a good example...because people actually think like that :doh: i feel bad for the blindness of those people.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And why do you think Sharia law contradicts with human rights and democracy?

Oh c'mon, noone should ask this question seriously (no offense).

Unles you really do not know what Sharia law consists of...

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh c'mon, noone should ask this question seriously (no offense).

Unles you really do not know what Sharia law consists of...

Stupid questions right? ;)
I hate to give cues of life, but I used to be a very curious child, incredibly questionning and investigating want to know how everything around me works, I used to break my toys to find out how they work and what caused them to work, but I used to hate this side of me because I was annoying everybody around me with questions and notices, my grandpa used to tell me "You're annoyingly smart little girl" I didn't think I was smart because at that time I thought if I am intellegent I wouldn't get to question everything around me on the first place, because intelligent people already know the answer, but when I became an adult, I discovered that they don't know the answers, they're just taking what is presented to them, while I still have this little curious child inside of me who doesn't get enough of knowledge no matter how much knowledge she gained, I don't give a damn about winning debates, I only care about finding more and understand more about the world around me, That's just my nature I guess..
So I either get an answers for my questions, or I you can call me stupid, crazy etc. It's totally fine with me.. (No offense at all, don't worry ;) )

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Stupid questions right? ;)
I hate to give cues of life, but I used to be a very curious child, incredibly questionning and investigating want to know how everything around me works, I used to break my toys to find out how they work and what caused them to work, but I used to hate this side of me because I was annoying everybody around me with questions and notices, my grandpa used to tell me "You're annoyingly smart little girl" I didn't think I was smart because at that time I thought if I am intellegent I wouldn't get to question everything around me on the first place, because intelligent people already know the answer, but when I became an adult, I discovered that they don't know the answers, they're just taking what is presented to them, while I still have this little curious child inside of me who doesn't get enough of knowledge no matter how much knowledge she gained, I don't give a damn about winning debates, I only care about finding more and understand more about the world around me, That's just my nature I guess..
So I either get an answers for my questions, or I you can call me stupid, crazy etc. It's totally fine with me.. (No offense at all, don't worry ;) )

Alright, lol. Nothing wrong with curiosity, though I guess your question in this case is nothing a little research couldn't answer. When you know that Sharai law supports stoning adulterers, cutting the hands off theives, etc, you can put the two and two together and see that this is not compatible with western concepts of freedom. ;)