• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Philosophy of Poetry

Mole

Permabanned
This may come as a surprise but this is the new poetry - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIVNpI5ftbg

1. It is on the internet

2. It is the spoken word

3. it doesn't look like poetry but it has elan, repetition, rhythm and charm.

4. It is compelling and morish.

5. And who doesn't love Emily, and if you don't, can you stop watching her?

6. It is not in visual space like a book but is the spoken word in acoustic space.

So am I making a mistake in enrolling in Contempory and Modern American Poetry at Pennsylvania University when I can listen to Emily?

Mole

Permabanned
I've joined Modpo and I am so excited. They look absolutely wonderful. I wonder though how they will take to Mole. And what about Emily?

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION], when I have time, today hopefully, I will check it out.

Mole

Permabanned
The first poets were gods. Poetry began with the bicameral mind. The god-side of our ancient mentality, at least in a certain period of history, usually or perhaps always spoke in verse. This means that most men at one time, throughout the day, were hearing poetry composed and spoken within their own minds.

It is that all of those individuals who remained bicameral into the conscious age, when speaking of or from the divine side of their minds, spoke in poetry. The great epics of Greece were of course heard and spoken by the aoidoi as poetry.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Poetry commands where prose can only ask.

What do you think of minimalist poetry?

I like when a person can take the fewest amount of words possible and say something infinitely profound.