User Tag List

First 8910

Quote Originally Posted by RGB View Post
    If only the people who get so offended when you disagree with their belief in astrology would do the same.
    If only we wouldn't call people idiots and expect them to react with neutrality toward us. They're just so irrational!

Regardless, I believe in you INFJ 6w5, I know you'll figure out the mystery of why they actually got so offended one day.

「」
    Likes Hiraeth, chickpea liked this post

MBTI type is not determined by where and at what time or date you were born, and how the planets and stars aligned...not only that, but the commonly used astrological signs aren't even the actual astrological signs based on alignment. So MBTI / Jungian Theory / etc. is a terrible comparison regardless of anything Jung believed. At least the theories are backed by some degree of evidence, ie neurological scans show SPs have tennis ball patterns, etc.
    Astrology is just another personality theory like MBTI, but it's even more intuitive in its approach than MBTI, thereby not making it easily proven in a concrete format. The signs are also used as symbolic content for the energy field of the sign itself. And whether you believe in it or not, there is a beauty to it in regards to its rich, symbolic content in connection to mythology, alchemy, and the tarot as well. It would be interesting to look into just to expand your knowledge in general as well as an aid for finding connections to other archetypes too. Also, eerily enough, somehow my own chart is very intricately accurate to the point where it's not vaguely descriptive at all. I'm not sure why this is, but just like with any personality theory, you take what you find helpful to you, and I personally find astrology to be very eye-opening for me. Not everyone is going to like it, just like not everyone is going to find MBTI useful or the enneagram and the Big Five either. And astrology, whether you like it or not, has its ties to Jungian typology. Understandably, it's going to be harder to find some validity in it if you're not deeply ingrained in the esoteric element of science to begin with. It's also understandable why astrology is looked down upon because of the pervasive Sun sign horoscope crap, which I admit isn't doing any good favors toward the already negative stigma of it either. And Carl Jung obviously found something in it that was beneficial for his own psychoanalytic theory, so by calling it utter hogwash you are discrediting Jung in a way as well.

I came here to talk about astrology...exactly like the title says. It isn't called, "who wants to come agree with us about astrology?" Besides, it's good for people caught up in it to see stuff like this in my mind's eye.

1.) I am discussing astrology. Since when does someone have to agree with everyone to talk about it on a thread?
    2.) I have only been replying to people talking to me directly or talking about what I have said at this point anyways.

In any case, none of this is a personal attack to anyone.
    Well you quoted me and I never cared to talk to you in the first place. I know you coincidently also happened to make posts beneath mine talking shit about astrology, which was probably indirectly aimed at me, so I felt a need to make at least one solo interjection.

Additionally, the OP made it clear in his post that he didn't have interest in talking to people who were going to make an uproar over this either. And you kind of did make it a personal attack by calling people who take interest in astrology idiots in one of your posts before this:

Yeah ngl I'm Ne enough to be one of the idiots that would explore the possibility because I seem to consider the 1% even if I'm like "heh yeah right," but it's still stupid af and rather easy to disprove / invalidate.
    Also, I really don't care to continue this conversation because I know how this goes everytime and have zero patience right now, so I'm calling it quits. Buh-bye.
    Likes chickpea, Lady Lazarus liked this post

幽霊||๏ ᴍᴏɴᴇʏ, ᴍᴇɴ, & ᴍᴜsɪᴄ Hexcoder's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    Astrology is just another personality theory like MBTI, but it's even more intuitive in its approach than MBTI, thereby not making it easily proven in a concrete format. The signs are also used as symbolic content for the energy field of the sign itself. And whether you believe in it or not, there is a beauty to it in regards to its rich, symbolic content in connection to mythology, alchemy, and the tarot as well. It would be interesting to look into just to expand your knowledge in general as well as an aid for finding connections to other archetypes too. Also, eerily enough, somehow my own chart is very intricately accurate to the point where it's not vaguely descriptive at all. I'm not sure why this is, but just like with any personality theory, you take what you find helpful to you, and I personally find astrology to be very eye-opening for me. Not everyone is going to like it, just like not everyone is going to find MBTI useful or the enneagram and the Big Five either. And astrology, whether you like it or not, has its ties to Jungian typology. Understandably, it's going to be harder to find some validity in it if you're not deeply ingrained in the esoteric element of science to begin with. It's also understandable why astrology is looked down upon because of the pervasive Sun sign horoscope crap, which I admit isn't doing any good favors toward the already negative stigma of it either. And Carl Jung obviously found something in it that was beneficial for his own psychoanalytic theory, so by calling it utter hogwash you are discrediting Jung in a way as well.

Well you quoted me and I never cared to talk to you in the first place. I know you coincidently also happened to make posts beneath mine talking shit about astrology, which was probably indirectly aimed at me, so I felt a need to make at least one solo interjection.

Additionally, the OP made it clear in his post that he didn't have interest in talking to people who were going to make an uproar over this either. And you kind of did make it a personal attack by calling people who take interest in astrology idiots in one of your posts before this:

Also, I really don't care to continue this conversation because I know how this goes everytime and have zero patience right now, so I'm calling it quits. Buh-bye.
    Ewww drama. NTY. tl;dr

Edit:
    As for what I skimmed over and saw...

To be completely honest, I didn't even know I posted under you. I still don't know which post I posted under you with. Even if I had commented on something pertaining to a post you wrote, it doesn't equate to a personal attack towards you. As for me "calling people who take an interest in typology idiots" that is taken out of context and is a misunderstanding. What I said was, "ngl, I would be one of the idiots..." obviously I'm not sincerely calling myself an idiot, therefore am not sincerely calling others idiots either...it's just a phrase taken far too personally, and all of this is being blown way out of proportion right now. Please leave me alone now, I have no problems with you and I prefer to keep it that way. This is all very menial.
    "Tʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs sᴜꜰꜰᴇʀɪɴɢ, ʙᴜᴛ ʟɪꜰᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢꜰᴜʟ ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛᴏ ᴊᴜsᴛɪꜰʏ ɪᴛs sᴜꜰꜰᴇʀɪɴɢ." —Jᴏʀᴅᴀɴ Pᴇᴛᴇʀsᴏɴ

Fɪʀsᴛ sᴇᴇᴋ ɪɴɴᴇʀ ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇ, ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴜᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇꜰᴜʟ.

“Wᴏᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜɪɴᴋᴇʀ ᴡʜᴏ ɪs ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀʀᴅᴇɴᴇʀ ʙᴜᴛ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴏɪʟ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀɴᴛs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɢʀᴏᴡ ɪɴ ʜɪᴍ.” —Nɪᴇᴛᴢsᴄʜᴇ

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

lol yea but then it's just statistical probability...all the signs are fragments of universal human nature and malleable character. Barnum Effect. I mean cmon...Aries are impulsive? Anyone can be...
    i don’t think that descriptions of the different signs are vague or easily applied to anyone i have a pretty clear and distinct archetype in mind for each one.
    Likes Hexcoder, Yuu liked this post

Permabanned

I too recognize myself in my natal chart and find astrology a great thought exercise (a little more realistic than some of QM assumptions).

Moon, Asc - Pisces
    Sun - Capricorn, X house, Conjunct Neptune and MC
    Neptune - Sagittarius, Conjunct Sun and MC

Just out of curiosity, could you guess my type?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sp

As much as I dont belive in that superstisious stuff such as astrology, astrology is pretty unique personality system, compared to MBTI. I mean in astology each sign has It's own animal/planet/god/whatever associated in it, makes it "Colorfull", unlike MBTI which is just 4 letters, completely grey and boring.

My sun sign is pisces, moon leo.

Yeah, I wish I had other sun sign.
    * You are a Rockstar, the choice to seek to be noticed or be not noticed at all.

@ NeutroN (Lets roll!)

ENTP-T ... 8w7 so/sp ... 8-6-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Ive been told I have an interesting chart, but not really sure how its interpreted.

Masculine republics, give way to feminine democracies. Feminine democracies, give way to tyranny.
    - Aristotle

Inactive For A Bit RadicalDoubt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    613 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I used to be really into astrology when I was younger. I don't follow it now, but I recall my chart being really fire/water heavy and me being a Mercury Rx/Leo dom lol

Attachment 20865
    Or Rather...
    Sun: Cancer
    Moon: Leo
    Ascendant: Pisces
    Last edited by RadicalDoubt; 11-20-2018 at 02:54 PM.
    - 6w5 1w9 3w4 - sp/so - INTP -
    “My deplorable mania for analysis exhausts me. I doubt everything, even my doubt.” Gustave Flaubert

MBTI
    Wha?
    Enneagram
    Huh sx/so

If astrology had actual basis and utility... I'd be so into it.
    This is like one of those vague odd interests people generally have, like when there are free tarot readings and people end up lining up get their fortune read.
    Or the reason astrological columns exist at all in magazines.

I can't even read the chart properly... Took a bit to get it.
    Sun: Leo
    Moon: Sagittarius
    Ascendant: Aries
    Midheaven: Capricorn
    S K Y K I N G
    It is said to have lived for hundreds of millions of years in the earth's ozone layer, above the clouds.
    Its existence had been completely unknown because it lived so high in the sky.

幽霊||๏ ᴍᴏɴᴇʏ, ᴍᴇɴ, & ᴍᴜsɪᴄ Hexcoder's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Also not into astrology, but in the actual one that NASA states would technically be the correct alignment (which includes the 13th sign and constellation Ophiuchus),
    I'd be a Pisces.

In the mainstream but technically inaccurate one which these charts use, I'd be...
    Sun: Aries
    Rising: Pisces
    Moon: Aries
    Mercury: Aries

Still lol-ing because all of this would still be wrong according to NASA even if astrology was credible, and not only that, but the 2 signs are basically polar opposites.

Oh, and btw, modern astrology which these charts use also level out the dates when in fact the constellations are not so evenly distributed and there would be shorter time periods for some signs and longer for others.
    "Tʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs sᴜꜰꜰᴇʀɪɴɢ, ʙᴜᴛ ʟɪꜰᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢꜰᴜʟ ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛᴏ ᴊᴜsᴛɪꜰʏ ɪᴛs sᴜꜰꜰᴇʀɪɴɢ." —Jᴏʀᴅᴀɴ Pᴇᴛᴇʀsᴏɴ

Fɪʀsᴛ sᴇᴇᴋ ɪɴɴᴇʀ ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇ, ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴜᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇꜰᴜʟ.

“Wᴏᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜɪɴᴋᴇʀ ᴡʜᴏ ɪs ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀʀᴅᴇɴᴇʀ ʙᴜᴛ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴏɪʟ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀɴᴛs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɢʀᴏᴡ ɪɴ ʜɪᴍ.” —Nɪᴇᴛᴢsᴄʜᴇ
    Likes Methylene liked this post