• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Combination Enneagram and MBTI Test

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
My Personality Manual online personality test My Personality Manual
Life's easier with an owner's manual
Personalty Test - Checking Results 1

Your answers indicate that you are likely this Enneagram type:

Type 9 - The Peacemaker
Type Nines are understanding of different perspectives and can see where there is common ground. They are open-minded and calm, and they can be very diplomatic. They prefer harmonious situations and being supportive while avoiding or mediating conflict. They focus on the positive, though underneath their peaceful exterior they may feel anxious, angry, or numb. Their sensitivity to others makes it difficult for them to always know where they themselves stand, and they may act spaced-out or apathetic.

Your answers also indicate that are likely this Jungian type:

INTP
INTP's are logical, capable, and creative thinkers who revel in the world of ideas. They develop a deep knowledge about a topic sometimes leading to original or new understandings. They are highly individualistic and reserved, and may retreat into their own world for long periods. While socializing generally has little appeal to them, they may enjoy talking to others about what they know. They may varyingly appear as passionate, argumentative, knowledgeable, and arrogant.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
First typed me as INTJ, but answered a few more questions giving me INTP.

Enneagram 5.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
First typed me as INTJ, but answered a few more questions giving me INTP.

Enneagram 5.
*sigh*
ditto

Edit: Feedback. About on par with any other test I've taken.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
First typed me as INTJ then typed me as ISTP after the other questions. Enneagram 4.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Type Fives are curious and use their powers of observation to develop detailed understandings of the world. They enjoy mastering an area of interest or a skill. Reserved and minimalists by nature, Fives enjoy independence and freedom from obligations. They have a calm and serious demeanor, and find it challenging to express their emotions. They prefer straightforward communication without drama or repetition. Fives can feel overwhelmed by busyness, loud people and environments, and by strong emotions.

INFP's are quietly idealistic and interested in being of service to others. They are creative, have quick minds, and are able to see possibilities. They are contemplative and have a well-developed set of principles by which they live. They are loyal and compassionate, but need lots of time alone. They are modest to the point of being self-critical and are sensitive to feeling rejected. They do well when they are acknowledged for their depth of feelings and ideas.

I already know what types I am, so that affects how I answer these things. I put so-so for the INFP description. It's fine, really. I don't consider myself all that service-oriented or loyal, and I prefer not to talk about my feelings, much less be acknowledged for them.

The test then asked me more questions and gave me this result:

INTP's are logical, capable, and creative thinkers who revel in the world of ideas. They develop a deep knowledge about a topic sometimes leading to original or new understandings. They are highly individualistic and reserved, and may retreat into their own world for long periods. While socializing generally has little appeal to them, they may enjoy talking to others about what they know. They may varyingly appear as passionate, argumentative, knowledgeable, and arrogant.

While I wouldn't consider myself logical, capable, or argumentative, this description fits about as much as the other. That's probably due to Fivelyness. Can I not mash the INFP and INTP descriptions together? I use Fi to do the things listed in the INTP description. Similar drive, different methods and standards.

Also

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
Type 1 - The Perfectionist
Type Ones have a refined sense of what is right. They live and work according to their conscience and principles. They prefer to keep their emotions under control, though they can be moved to speak out about what they think is right. Because of their sense of responsibility and drive toward excellence, Ones can put a lot of pressure on themselves and those around them. This may lead them to sometimes express their thoughts as judgments and criticisms.

INTJ
INTJ's are analytical and independent, and focus on deeply understanding what interests them. They are good at long range thinking and making the connection between theories and practical application and plans. They value knowledge and competence, and can be demanding of themselves and critical of others who are less capable. They are emotionally sensitive, but rarely show it, and often appearing reserved or detached. They need lots of time alone for processing their emotions and thoughts.

Kas

Fabula rasa
Your answers indicate that you are likely an Enneagram type 5 and a Jungian type INFP.

Interesting.

Edit: Forgot- feedback. I liked that I didn't know when I was answering enneagram and when mbti questions, maybe it made me more objective.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Type 7 - The Enthusiast
Type Sevens naturally tune in to what is exciting and share their enthusiasms with others. They are uninhibited, adventurous, and comfortable taking risks. They can be idealistic and want to make a contribution to the world. Independence is very important to them, and they do not like to feel obligated or limited. Emotionally, Sevens focus on positive emotions and avoid painful feelings and boredom. Due to all their activities, Sevens may become easily distracted and scattered.

ESFP
ESFP's are warm, energetic and fun-loving, and happy to share their enthusiasms with others. They are affectionate and caring, and good at being of service to others. They find enjoyment easily and bring their own special kind of sparkle to situations. They love new experiences and being in the moment, though sometimes they may seem scattered or hyperactive. They can be practical and commonsensical, but are not interested in planning, follow through, or theoretical analysis.

First time I got ESFP on a test :thinking:

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your answers indicate that you are likely an Enneagram type 4 and a Jungian type INFP.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It said initally I was type 4 ISFP (which I've never gotten before on a test) but then I answered a few more question and it said I was INFP.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Type 9 - The Peacemaker
Type Nines are understanding of different perspectives and can see where there is common ground. They are open-minded and calm, and they can be very diplomatic. They prefer harmonious situations and being supportive while avoiding or mediating conflict. They focus on the positive, though underneath their peaceful exterior they may feel anxious, angry, or numb. Their sensitivity to others makes it difficult for them to always know where they themselves stand, and they may act spaced-out or apathetic.

INFJ
INFJ's are responsible, persevering types who value their ideals and doing the right thing. They are intuitive about people and sensitive to their feelings. They tend to be original and individualistic and need lots of solitude to recharge. They value harmony with others, sometimes to the point of not asserting themselves or their feelings strongly. In this case they may feel misunderstood or hurt and withdraw. They seek understanding and appreciation for pursuing their ideals.

Your answers indicate that you are likely an Enneagram type 9 and a Jungian type INFJ.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It said INTJ Enneagram 3. INTJ is correct. I do have some 3 characteristics (achievement oriented) so I can see how it came up with that but I've been professionally tested as a 6 and am pretty confident in that result.

Type 3 - The Achiever
Type Threes work hard to achieve their goals and success. They are good at seeing what's possible and figuring out how to get the job done. They value and know how to make a good impression. Emotionally, Threes contain their feelings and offer a friendly and optimistic face to the world. They have difficulty acknowledging their deeper feelings, and they can overlook the emotional needs of others. Three's absorption in their own pursuits can lead them to overtax themselves and the people around them.

How well does the description above fit you?

perfectly

quite well

so so

not so well

not at all

INTJ
INTJ's are analytical and independent, and focus on deeply understanding what interests them. They are good at long range thinking and making the connection between theories and practical application and plans. They value knowledge and competence, and can be demanding of themselves and critical of others who are less capable. They are emotionally sensitive, but rarely show it, and often appearing reserved or detached. They need lots of time alone for processing their emotions and thoughts.

How well does the description above fit you?

perfectly

quite well

so so

not so well

not at all

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Type 9 - The Peacemaker

ISTJ

I like the idea of having one test for enneagram and MBTI as a whole. I also liked that the first half of the test had that style where you pick one that's "most" and one that's "least" like you for each three statements--that's refreshing as I haven't taken another test that does that quite the same way. I understand why there's no "middle option" for the second half of the test, but I still wish one was there for the things that I really just can't compromise on.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=26002]estorm[/MENTION] The other two things I would say from a feedback standpoint is that when I said 3 was "so so" in terms of describing me, it gave me another question which then led to another 3 result. I honestly had a difficult time answering many of the questions - many of the answers didn't resonate with me - I found myself thinking none of these answers are good especially on the first page of the test. I also had a hard time picking the best option in some of the latter questions because two answers would seem equally right.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your answers indicate that you are likely an Enneagram type 4 and a Jungian type ISFP.

I thought it was an interesting test.

estorm

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=26002]estorm[/MENTION] The other two things I would say from a feedback standpoint is that when I said 3 was "so so" in terms of describing me, it gave me another question which then led to another 3 result. I honestly had a difficult time answering many of the questions - many of the answers didn't resonate with me - I found myself thinking none of these answers are good especially on the first page of the test. I also had a hard time picking the best option in some of the latter questions because two answers would seem equally right.

Thanks, [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION], for sharing the test. I'm already learning things.

As I developed this test, one feedback I got is that some people really have a hard time with / feel uncomfortable with forced-choice type questions where you must choose one over another. While I completely sympathize, from a test maker's perspective, giving the option for a tie makes finding a result almost impossible. One way around this is to ask 120 questions hoping for a (slight) majority vote on something asked many times in slightly different ways. So having chosen the short test format with forced-choices, I apologize to this who find it irritating or difficult. :shrug:

Are there other tests on which you didn't find this problem?

I have to say as one who had taken many tests, being on the developing end has really changed how I see tests. There are a lot of variables (many beyond my control) to juggle in order to get accurate results for most people, for example, mood, self-awareness, knowing the Enneagram and MBTI, quality of attention in the moment, etc. Versus the things I can control: wording, sequence, scoring algorithms, etc. I have reached a point that if at least 80% of the test takers feel okay about their result, then I'm feeling pretty good about the test.

I'd be interested to hear from the community about how they see personality tests generally and what they expect from them and like or dislike in them.

Thanks.

estorm

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Edit: Feedback. About on par with any other test I've taken.

I'll take that as a compliment ;) [though I suspect that may not have been one :blush:]

And sorry the results seemed so far off for you. 5 - INTP for a 7 - ENFP. Not much right there.

estorm

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Can I not mash the INFP and INTP descriptions together?

Yes. Sometimes it would be nice to be able to have more wiggle room in these kinds of typologies. I say go ahead and squish away :)

Thanks.

estorm

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting.

Edit: Forgot- feedback. I liked that I didn't know when I was answering enneagram and when mbti questions, maybe it made me more objective.

Thanks. Though to be honest, that isn't a design feature :blush:
I didn't assume that most people taking the would be as knowledgeable as this crowd.

Did the types fit you?

Thanks.