• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fe] FJs, describe Fe as you understand it

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So, for myself, the sense of Fe is 1) involuntarily internalizing emotions and vibes from individuals and 2) seeing and understanding complex social dynamics without much ability to apply what I observe. I am not a typical Fe user in that both social norms and group interactions are alienating for me, and they are not my home.

Yup, I can relate. Although in my case, apparently I can have a pretty commanding presence in social situations where I feel more at ease than on edge, but I'm never conscious of it and find it rather surprising when pointed out to me. I can relate to pretty much all of your post though, being a non-(stereo)typical Fe user myself, especially when it comes to group norms.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Moving the external to align with the internal and the more shame inducing vice versa. Either way they both have to agree. By force, by convincing, etc.

á´…eparted

passages
So, for myself, the sense of Fe is 1) involuntarily internalizing emotions and vibes from individuals and 2) seeing and understanding complex social dynamics without much ability to apply what I observe. I am not a typical Fe user in that both social norms and group interactions are alienating for me, and they are not my home.

I wonder how much this is Fe, due to my Fe dominance, or potentially Fi because I don't relate to these. I don't internalize the emotions and vibes of others. If I do feel that coming on I will simply block it. It's annoying and gets in the way. However, I will sense it and see it and use that information to adjust how I should act. I also can rather easily apply it and know what to do with it. It's a rather automatic process. Granted, I can't always apply it if I don't have the needed tools around me, or I don't feel confidant in what I need to do to apply things.

When I was young I rejected a lot of social norms. I very much followed to the beat of my own drum and it alienated me from the vast majority of my peers because I was a weird mofo. Even then I was still resolute and did my thing. Eventually as I got older I saw the utility and purpose of social norms. I'll follow them to get along, but there are some I simply won't abide my. I still rather follow to the beat of my own drum and I stand out because of it. Regardless, I'm very polite and follow social niceties. If there's an environment were following them goes too far out of what I do and I'd create a ruckus I will avoid them as much as I can. However, if someone crosses me or is vindictive to me or others, ALL of that goes out the window and I won't follow social norms at all. In other words, I observed the world to figure out when I can and can't buck them. I suspect your adversion to this is more coming from you being a 4.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Moving the external to align with the internal and the more shame inducing vice versa. Either way they both have to agree. By force, by convincing, etc.
This is quite profound.

neuskens

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
In incredibly refreshing to hear an NTP compliment their SFJ mom instead of bitch about them for once.

I'd like to say I've always been thankful of her, but it's not the case. I felt neglected my whole life and eventually got kicked out of home, hating my mom for nearly 2 years. I guess her good teachings eventually sticked with me and I later came to realize and appreciate her good intentions, although externalized through trauma-affected behaviors.

For now I'd say we have more of a perspective problem than a personality one.