• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Shortest possible MBTI test?

Serafina Malik

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Hey guys!
I´m having a presentation on friday about MBTI (it´s short and unofficial, I don´t even get a grade, just because it´s the last social studies lesson of the year), and I want to make a short MBTI test with the audience. Because I am explaining the functions more then the types (because it seems more accurate to me, ENTP isn´t always extroverted and so on) so I want my classmates to take a short look at what every function does and what they can realte to the most. (Of yourse I will explain that they need an Xe and Xi, and have to think about what seems more relateable to them, you know.)
So I made up 8 statements they have to think about if they fit on them and takeng one of the judging and one of the percieving functions. I though about doing a classic MBTI test, but this method seemed more accurate and somewhat more serious to me.
The question now is: Did I get that right? I read a lot of articles and comparisons, but of course, I can´t tell everything from first hand.
It doesn´t have to be super-accurate and pass every test there is; but I want to make sure I got that right.
(Funny story by the way: I told an acquaintance about the MBTI test, and she litterally said: "It isn´t so cool because you have to answer questions before they tell you anything. I mean - I can tell you too who you are if you let me ask you before!" What did she think? It was magic or what? :D)

Te: I´m determined, planning, I control my Emotions and I want to be objective.
Ti: I am organized, don´t talk too much and I try to solve problems efficiently and precisely.
Fe: I am warm-hearted, don´t save on praise and my group is very improtant to me. I care for others and they influence me very much.
Fi: I concentrate on important things and stay true on my beliefs.
Si: I see many details and I like predictable and familiar things. I am tending to use well-tried methods than new ones.

(it doesn´t have to be perfect english :D I have translated it for you)

Can you tell me if I´m correct, and if not, what would be better? I tried this method with two acquaintances and both were comfortable with the type I described them, but I don´t want to blamy myself in front of the class when everyone else gets it wrong. :D
Thanks in advance for your help!

Chrysanthea

Ti has nothing to do with organization of the external world if that's what you're saying, but I think it has more to do with logical consistency in the internal world; it's more subjective to each person and what makes sense to them. And Ti has nothing to do with talking at all. Though I suppose the stereotypical IxTPs don't talk much so it's sorta true?

I think a better description for Ti would be something akin to: I can easily tell when a given statement makes no logical sense and prefer following my own methods to reaching a conclusion rather than follow an commonly used system (care less for evidence and the scientific method than Te's).

The rest seem decent enough for such a small description, but they seem to be relying more on stereotypes than anything else. But if that's what you're going for to keep it simple then why not?

Jaguar

No wonder SPs get so pissed off. I don't blame them. Se isn't about parties or kicks.

Aleph

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Ni doesn't seem right to me, and Se/Si seem a little biased. No offense, there are many tests that are no different :newwink:
I copy and paste from here:

Perceiving Functions (S/N): cognitive processes that are used to collect and process information; extraverted perceiving functions accept external data as it happens with very little filtering; introverted perceiving functions compare external data to an internal template/network of stored information

(Se) Extraverted Sensing: seeks to maximize experience of physical stimulation related to the five senses
(Si) Introverted Sensing: collects and stores personally meaningful data in the form of physical facts and details, forming a comparison template for understanding new situations
(Ne) Extraverted Intuition: seeks to anticipate, explore, and creatively combine new ideas, patterns, or possibilities between objects or phenomena in the external world
(Ni) Introverted Intuition: collects and integrates personally meaningful information about ideas, perspectives, or patterns between objects or phenomena, molding one “unified theory” to use as a template for understanding new situations and anticipating outcomes

Judging Functions (T/F): rational cognitive processes that are used to draw conclusions and make decisions; extraverted judging functions seek objective standards to support decisions; introverted judging functions form subjective standards to support decisions

(Te) Extraverted Thinking: observes processes and procedures in the external world and attempts to make them more effective and efficient through some kind of standardization, usually in the form of creating, preserving, or enforcing rules, customs, principles, or laws
(Ti) Introverted Thinking: dissects any object, process, procedure, or phenomenon in order to find the logical or functional relationships between the important variables of a system, thereby streamlining knowledge used for judgment, problem solving, or decision making
(Fe) Extraverted Feeling: observes the human values that hold social groups together and seeks to preserve them by honoring interpersonal duties, responsibilities, or obligations, thereby cultivating harmony
(Fi) Introverted Feeling: concerned with preserving inner harmony of mental processes (beliefs, preferences, thoughts, feelings, emotions, etc.) thereby cultivating authenticity and the right to self-determination.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: