• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFJs, INTJs, and universal laws and patterns

mills

MBTI Type
INFJ
I have read a lot about how INFJs and INTJs recognise patterns and "universal laws" in everything. But I can't really conceptualise what that means in real life.
Do you feel like you see patterns? What are they, and where and how do you find yourself noticing them? Can anyone give me some examples?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have read a lot about how INFJs and INTJs recognise patterns and "universal laws" in everything. But I can't really conceptualise what that means in real life.
Do you feel like you see patterns? What are they, and where and how do you find yourself noticing them? Can anyone give me some examples?
The easiest example to give is that I can see almost in an instant how things fit together into a workable plan. I may be aware of a need or a problem, and not sure how to address it. Then I hear a stray comment in a meeting, and all of a sudden, otherwise unrelated pieces of information just all zoom together like pieces of a puzzle, showing the answer. This information can include knowledge of someone else with a similar need; the way another person or group addressed a completely different need; the fact that our middle manager is trying to promote a certain activity; the planned arrival of several summer interns; a decision to postpone a large purchase, meaning there is an unexpected windfall of available money; etc.

Nico_D

The Lost One
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I ponder a lot, keep collecting information but I can't connect (I can speculate!) them before the clarity just hits on. And it comes with a clear calmness: this is how it is. I might not even be thinking about it but it strikes and suddenly everything is clear, just like Coriolis described. For me it's not necessarily a concrete problem but more often psychological information, understanding of people and motivations. I know how things are or will be and how they are connected, what are related to each other and what I can say (or do) without shaking the whole tapestry.

I also have a feel (without strong feelings) how some concrete things should be done to be most efficient and to make the most sense in that context.

Have to go now but I think about it more. It's hard to put it in words.

KitchenFly

I would not say that I am gifted in recognising universal laws and patterns. I can gain a sense to some degree that the inj functions give a form of mental fitness so to say to INTJ's and INFJ's because they may have some urgency to regulate internal thoughts that underlying basic understandings.

I myself as an INFP need some form of authentic regency a sense of being needed to snap into gear and if so I seem to find a three way connection between ISTJ and INTJ as an INFP that generates a balance that provides a sensibility that lasers my attention In a balance that liberates me from mood and agenda of a personal labourer general state of conches that allows me to draw upon my best in altruistic manner.

I can become quite practical and balance the cognitive functions of all three functions ISTJ INTJ and INFP. I do not loose connection with my ISTJ or INFJ agenda or mood but draw apron the positive abilities of these two function as a form of backup critical thinking reference points.

I am able to see pattern to some degree via what I think to be my Tri-type function 9w8 4w5 5w6 but I would think that the process facilitated by my fundamental F of my NF INF INFP essential self.

I would tent to assert that all types see patterns and are privy to laws of action because all types come from the same pie as different peaces of the hole pie with insights and abilities differing.

The most important law I can think of that affects the human condition is the law of three and I would say that average INTJ's and INFJ's would have little or no awareness or interest in it they seem to be interested in matters of energy and creation that define ideas and concepts of the physical would and its general physics and actions. Like the politics between persons or strategies to create and achieve.

Having said that I am sore there have most likely have been some fine thinkers within metaphysics and philosophy who are INTJ's or INFJ's who have had a clear understanding of the law of three and severn. So perhaps my general presumption of INTJ's and INFJ's internal abilities and interests may be incorrect.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Agree with Corolis...problem solving is like Lego sets LOL. As I get a better grasp of the problem/situation at hand, my mind links and connects different pieces of situations, experiences, etc to carve out a custom solution/approach.

Thank also to inferior Se running in the background, which can bring me into the 'moment' and soak up a lot of what's going on...

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6

Yeah, there is a lot of semi-mystical horse crap written about INJs. You'd do well to ignore most of it. Ni is a function concerned with both planning ahead and reviewing what has already occured/been learnt. INJs spend a lot of time sat on their asses trying to understand the way the world fits together. Do that for long enough and you are bound to find a few insights in the way things work. Whether these insights are true (or not), mystical (or entirely secular) will vary from one individual to the next. The reason for the popularity of those mystical overtones is because it sounds cooler in type discriptions than "INTJs are a bunch of bitter, cynical bastards who don't believe in anything and spend a lot of time looking at the world and tutting in disapproval."

JayJayBananas

One way I can describe it is how I notice behavioral patterns, such as groups of people gravitating to certain places and whatnot, or how they are likely to respond to something as according to their given demographics and information about them.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's like I have a scientific observation thing going on where I see an instance of something and then notice all the times that thing happens and doesn't happen and come up with a theory for what causes it. I do this with everything. I see that certain things cause other things which cause other things, and it all comes together like a puzzle. Kind of like what Coriolis was saying but I focus on relationships between animate things and the physical world, as well as relationships between ideas. It's mostly just a way of organizing and processing information.