• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why do you or do you not put your MBTI type on your TypoC profile?

Mole

Permabanned
For the same reason I don't put my star sign up.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Because I'm chronically uncertain about my type and putting what I think at the moment makes me feel like I'm lying

deathwarmedup

MBTI Type
IXTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Self-typing uncertainty on MBTI.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The enneagram typing was seriously helpful to me some years ago. As for the rest, it's just something I enjoy. I really don't care how it's seen and like to think that my mannerisms go much further in giving an impression.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
It may not make much sense for me to put my typings down as anyone who knows me well enough knows that I can’t stand feeling contained in any way, emotionally, mentally, physically hahaha. Labels and such typically make me want to instantly run for the high hills to join Julie Andrews in song and dance. But, I put any and all typings that I know of myself mostly for the use of others as a shorthand as to how they might want to communicate with me.

I don’t know if people actually modify their communication or approach towards others based on type, but I use people’s self typings in a similar way. And that’s sort of the point of these sorts of systems is it not? Use as a sort of shorthand tool for understanding others and yourself...dang, ok ya that’s it for sure! Just realized this but ya, that’s why I don’t have a problem with THESE labels applied to me, because I understand them as a shorthand. If they were meant to be understood more as factual or definitive of a person then yes, that would induce enough cringe moments on my face to put dried apricots to shame. Ok, I know what I just said seems like I deserve the biggest “DUH” slapped on my forehead, but...I can’t explain it so well at the moment, but there’s something within this obvious statement that explains why I give exception to these labels applied me.

Ace_

MBTI Type
TNT
cause I'm only sure of my NT temperament, and TNT mbti type sounds witty, to me at least.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Because taking it out wouldn't fix my problems anyway. Everyone already knows my type

Enneagram
9w1
Because we're gonna die someday and putting my type on my profile is one step closer to enlightenment so I won't go to hell.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I do it to remain thematic. It's Typology Central, after all.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't because in the past people made assumptions that weren't true based on my type, maybe that has changed but i really don't want to risk it. I'll mention my type if someone asks.

InfernoToucan

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I am putting it with the hope that someone might point out something I said which may show I'm something otherwise. XD

Lark

I am putting it with the hope that someone might point out something I said which may show I'm something otherwise. XD

I'm putting what my result has been lately, it does seem to change and the smart thinking at the moment I've heard is that there are could of functions like I/E and S/N which are pretty balanced, presently the balance is on E and S but at other times its been I and N. T and J seem to be consistent though.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
It would be nice if everyone put their real type on their profile.
It would be a nice way to sort of study and observe how type does or doesn't effect a person's communication style.
This could be a really great place to learn!
I find it frustrating when I look to see someone's type and they have put some nonsense there instead.
I usually assume people are being honest, but I know there's a 50/50 chance they might not be the type they state in their profile.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It would be a nice way to sort of study and observe how type does or doesn't effect a person's communication style.
I find it frustrating when I look to see someone's type and they have put some nonsense there instead.
I usually assume people are being honest, but I know there's a 50/50 chance they might not be the type they state in their profile.
The highlighted is part of why I post my type. I certainly don't go around talking about it IRL, but here, on a typology forum, it seems directly relevant and potentially helpful. I suspect many people who really aren't their posted type are simply making an honest error, perhaps new to typology, or having trouble determining their best-fit type. Of course, there are a few folks who try on types like clothing. Maybe this behavior itself is type related.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am not all that certain of my MBTI. Most tests put me as INTJ but most people who know me well disagree with my ENFJ self-typing.

Jaguar

I laugh when someone who has been INF for years shoves ESTP or ENTJ in there. Then it gets even more absurd when they add E8 on top of it. ;)

For the same reason I don't put my star sign up.

Come on, you know you love astrology. Admit it.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The highlighted is part of why I post my type. I certainly don't go around talking about it IRL, but here, on a typology forum, it seems directly relevant and potentially helpful. I suspect many people who really aren't their posted type are simply making an honest error, perhaps new to typology, or having trouble determining their best-fit type. Of course, there are a few folks who try on types like clothing. Maybe this behavior itself is type related.

Guilty as charged :p Some say its my Ne. :p

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
because someone (probably not) wants to know, and I feel like it would just be sort of weird not to put some sort of identification there since I don't have much of anything else

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION]
Agreed, though I have known of people who listed a wrong type on purpose.
I find that frustrating.