• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Typing via microexpressions

MBtype

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
Hi! What do you think of typing by microexpressions? I'm not convinced, but I don't know much about it so I might be completely wrong. Interested to hear your views.

Cognitive Typology

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I've not decided on how consistently accurate it is, but I've definitely observed patterns myself. I'll probably spend the money to have myself typed this way soon-ish just because I am so interested in it as a hobby.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
They typed Trump as ENTJ. Ha-ha I know it.

Theories & Wild Hypotheses

But the ENT isn’t all about enterprise; they will also be philosophers and thinkers that dive into the depths of the unknown. They will seek to understand the nature of this reality from the tiniest scale up to a cosmic scale. The ENT will theorize about the nature of the existence and become immersed in questions both metaphysical and scientific. From quantum physics to theology and psychology, the ENT will try to find the unseen threads tying all things together.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
No, I don’t think it’s a thing.

A lot of what determines a type is how/what we choose to express and the intensity of those expressions.

Micro-expressions are completely involuntary, it isn’t something we can train ourselves out of ( except maybe the hardest intelligence agents or poker players, eve; then I’m not sure) so, no, they aren’t valid for typing.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Hi! What do you think of typing by microexpressions? I'm not convinced, but I don't know much about it so I might be completely wrong. Interested to hear your views.

Cognitive Typology
It's an incomplete rip-off of Pod'Lair.

Pod'Lair's reading system is the real deal as it allows to differentiate all dichotomies.

Unfortunately it's somewhat hard to learn because their type database was filled by someone who doesn't put enough time into typing and for a long time was typing by wishful thinking instead of actual micro-expressions and gesturing and thus has tons of mistypes. Like there was a period when he was mistyping tons of people as INFJs and ENFPs because of his delusions of grandeur.
Oh and there's also that little thing where it was an actual abusive cult that drove one of its members to suicide and exploited some members XD .

Heard claims the system is actually copied from some special services typing system.

Jaguar

It's an incomplete rip-off of Pod'Lair.
Pod'Lair's reading system is the real deal as it allows to differentiate all dichotomies.

And they got thrown out of the forum many years ago. Thank Christ. Or do you support "reading" the movement of each eyelash on the eyelid?

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
And they got thrown out of the forum many years ago. Thank Christ. Or do you support "reading" the movement of each eyelash on the eyelid?
I'm sceptical about eye movements because they were clearly ripped off from Lenore Thompsons ideas about left brain and right brain, possible they weren't a part of the original system.

I'm learning the system independently and building my own specimen database. As in aiming for 10 of each type.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
They typed Trump as ENTJ. Ha-ha I know it.

Theories & Wild Hypotheses

But the ENT isn’t all about enterprise; they will also be philosophers and thinkers that dive into the depths of the unknown. They will seek to understand the nature of this reality from the tiniest scale up to a cosmic scale. The ENT will theorize about the nature of the existence and become immersed in questions both metaphysical and scientific. From quantum physics to theology and psychology, the ENT will try to find the unseen threads tying all things together.

I can see Trump as an old school Entj ... He probabily know more economy than most lefty politians ( Really .. the left doesn't know anything about economy) . my concern is about debt , central banks , fiat currency , ect. I guess not even the president of U.S. can do a damn about that but if you read Adams smith , Hayek , Mises , Rothbard . you can find an amazing form of thinking .
Hey ... the economic system is probabily the most important aspect of human progress , do not confuse real capitalism with the shit we have today.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
This proves that this typology is a load of bunk.

And your argument is?
'

pd: yeah ... micro typing is Bs but not even doubting that trump can be an Entj is alot more Bs .... Do you even know where money come from?.

Jaguar

This proves that this typology is a load of bunk.

Found this online:

Person#1: "Yeah totally agree, he's ESTP. He doesn't address *actual facts/issues in a logical manner and just insults people and makes fun of them. Not ENTJ behavior."

Person#2: "I think there should be a rule that if you think Trump is an ENTJ, you shouldn't be allowed to type people."

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Found this online:

Person#1: "Yeah totally agree, he's ESTP. He doesn't address *actual facts/issues in a logical manner and just insults people and makes fun of them. Not ENTJ behavior."

Person#2: "I think there should be a rule that if you think Trump is an ENTJ, you shouldn't be allowed to type people."

bla bla bla bla , any real argument?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Person made a mistyping therefore their typology system is bunk... is a ridiculous argument. Hopefully rav3n was being facetious.

Still though, Pod'lair is a sham, yet Chenault's work is persuasive. Or, it's about as persuasive as typology has gotten. So, if Pod'lair's theories are invalid, is there any merit to typology whatsoever?

Sure, they miss the whole multi-type thing, sticking to the one-type-per-person oversimplification that leads people to identify with a segment of themselves rather than the full story typology wise,
And sure typology only gets at certain aspects of a person and there is much more to who a person is,
But to the degree to which typology is valid at all, isn't Pod'lair at the top of the game? Even with multi-type, isn't there still a primarily type which we default to?

I don't know guys, I personally think Chenault is a real "piece of work" so to speak, but he weaves hour long narratives with convincing metaphorical extrapolations along the way pertaining to the phenomenon which is claiming to have mastered, and it's hard to outright say that he's lying himself through because so much of it speaks to the essence of what we know typology to be.

So, can we throw Pod'lair without throwing typology out altogether? I'm not saying we shouldn't just throw typology out altogether, but I'm spektical that Pod'lair can be dismissed at this point given the veracity that the claims have appeared to have generated.

:shrug:

Boogie man

Da Voodoo
MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
CognitiveType has been the most accurate way of typing for me. It is falsifiable, it is objective, and Trump is an ENTJ. Deal with it. :smoke:

In all seriousness, to me, CT has proven to be the most reliable method. Any kinks in the system, and corresponding mistypings, are corrected over time. Typing via visuals shouldn't be so taboo, but it is because of the highly subjective nature in past attempts by various persons. Ironic that is considered to be so subjective, when our involuntary expressions are likely the most objective ways to inform us of cognitive patterns that do not rely on evaluating the content of speech - the latter which we know to be extremely unreliable, and these forums are evidence of this.

If you have interest, I strongly suggest looking into the model. See if you can recognize these patterns for yourself, and if there is meaning in them.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
CognitiveType has been the most accurate way of typing for me. It is falsifiable, it is objective, and Trump is an ENTJ. Deal with it. :smoke:

In all seriousness, to me, CT has proven to be the most reliable method. Any kinks in the system, and corresponding mistypings, are corrected over time. Typing via visuals shouldn't be so taboo, but it is because of the highly subjective nature in past attempts by various persons. Ironic that is considered to be so subjective, when our involuntary expressions are likely the most objective ways to inform us of cognitive patterns that do not rely on evaluating the content of speech - the latter which we know to be extremely unreliable, and these forums are evidence of this.

If you have interest, I strongly suggest looking into the model. See if you can recognize these patterns for yourself, and if there is meaning in them.

What does CT do that Pod'lair doesn't?

Boogie man

Da Voodoo
MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
No, I don’t think it’s a thing.

A lot of what determines a type is how/what we choose to express and the intensity of those expressions.

Micro-expressions are completely involuntary, it isn’t something we can train ourselves out of ( except maybe the hardest intelligence agents or poker players, eve; then I’m not sure) so, no, they aren’t valid for typing.

Micro-expressions being involuntary is exactly why they are perfect for evaluating one's type, because type is not a choice in expression - it is the lack of it.