• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Gratitude Thread

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
About to watch a movie with a friend! So glad that technology renders a huge part of the hurdles that come with distance obsolete.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm also extremely grateful for technology and how it allows us to be close to those who are far in physical distance.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Health, mental stability, safety and security . Most are lacking this now .

Lark

I have been for some of my favourite food, in the company of family, a wee over excited corgi, plus for a good walk, in great weather and have necked a can of diet soda as I am very thirsty and resting up with the fans blasting full blast.

Life is good. Life is VERY good. It doesnt get much better than this. :happy2::happy2::happy2::happy2::happy2::happy2:

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
For fist bumps. In a relationship where both participants are depressed and often feel overwhelmed and out of control, it’s a way to celebrate the little victories as they happen, which helps highlight them. Giving and receiving and encouragement. Sounds like a win-win to me.

Lark

I cant get the opening cords of New New York Skyline by the Cranberries out of my head, before the lyrics begin, I'm very glad of this as I really like that tune.

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
Lightning and thunder. My emotional distraction support during the exams.

(Ok, it's more of a distraction but it's more than welcome. So far there's been thunder almost every day. Love the sound of the sky cracking open. I do request more lightning strikes tho. Hit me.)

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Friends who see through bullshit.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
There's so much nature in my backyard. I'm gonna go scare the shit out of this bunny while I pick an apple and see what's up.

Update: They aren't ready yet and I scraped my pinkie toe climbing into the tree barefoot, but it was worth it.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=32871]Neal Caffreynated[/MENTION]

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Really great friends who make me feel heard and seen and cared about and accepted. Even though some of them don't even want thanks.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
NBCyyUv_d.webp

For Redheads. :yes:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm thankful for my sister. She is amazing and brilliant.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
The soothing serenity that's once again left in the wake of the kindness of another human being. Kindness is a lullaby that always lays to rest the demon trapped inside me.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For myself. According to typology (or people's categorizations in general), my personality or type of person is ‘supposed’ to be shit, or incapable at XYZ things. I have developed myself and do them well enough that they can even be seen, and noted. I’m glad I know better than to use typology (or anything similar) as an excuse and can take responsibility for myself (so much that it skews my type presentation). I’m glad that I know how to work things to function the way I want them to. I’m glad that I can always have ideas on what is best for myself without being swayed by anyone. I’m glad I do not define myself by my lack, and while tautological, glad I have things to be grateful for, and know to see them as such.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For myself. According to typology (or people's categorizations in general), my personality or type of person is ‘supposed’ to be shit, or incapable at XYZ things. I have developed myself and do them well enough that they can even be seen, and noted. I’m glad I know better than to use typology (or anything similar) as an excuse and can take responsibility for myself (so much that it skews my type presentation). I’m glad that I know how to work things to function the way I want them to. I’m glad that I can always have ideas on what is best for myself without being swayed by anyone. I’m glad I do not define myself by my lack, and while tautological, glad I have things to be grateful for, and know to see them as such.
Every type has "type disadvantages", or things that they tend to be bad at, as well, of course, as type gifts or strengths. It is always good when someone is willing to use this information for personal improvement, rather than as an excuse. The latter approach tends to come from more immature people, whatever their actual age. Yes, doing so can easily lead to one presenting as other than one's actual type.

This reminded me of an article by MBTI author Ross Reinhold, in which he explains one way he has adjusted his approach to type, the better to avoid stereotyping and to engage with people in a more present and effective way. (Underscore mine.)

By the way, in my personal relationships, I no longer try to guess a person's type or even their type letters. I attempt to follow a pragmatic approach that I understand Judy Allen (Health Care Communication Using Personality Type - see info on it in our MBTI Books page) advocates: speak to whatever preference seems to be operating at the time - while reminding yourself this may not reflect the person's type. In a health care setting, there is great value in this "deal with what is presented" approach versus trying to figure out what is another's type. For stress, anxiety, and a variety of circumstances can cause a person to act differently in a health care setting and thus cloak their normal personality expression. Yet figuring out another's type is damn hard to do anyway so in my book it boils down to knowing thyself, what are my blindspots, and expanding my ability to talk and understand in many different languages of type expression.

He suggests here that we don't really need to know a person's true type to engage with them effectively, something that extends beyond his healthcare setting example. It is enough to recognize and respond to the preferences they are presenting in the circumstances. I have related several times the story of the woman in one of my training classes at work who presented as a typical calm, steady, responsible ISTJ middle manager, but assured us that her "true type" was ESFP. She had found it helpful to adopt a more ISTJ persona at work to be effective, so of course it made sense for people to respond to those presented preferences in the workplace. This all gets back to the idea of being able to work with one's less preferred functions when needed/desired, in order to expand one's toolbox to handle more situations more effectively.