• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Gratitude Thread

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
The opportunities in front of me, and a little bit of strength to face what I've been running from. Lol I'm like Simba coming out of Hakuna Matata land to face Scar rn. This is silly.

Lark

I feel ill today and I'm dealing with a lot of traumatic loss and stress from this last couple of weeks and more longer term than that but I'm still living and breathing and that's something.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Friends who remind you they will still be there when you are the worst version of yourself. Who make you feel truly seen and accepted.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
On hiatus recently, I was introduced to the positive effects of gratitude on mental health. I was skeptical at first, but it really does seem to help. How Gratitude Changes You and Your Brain

So this thread is dedicated to gratitude. It can be gratitude to God, another member, or just like a random grateful thought, e.g. life would be rather awkward without toilet paper... I’m grateful for the in invention of toilet paper.

Enjoy.

I have come across studies that also show prayer, either for oneself or others can be a healing factor. Another science study showed talking to our plants helps their growing.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I am thankful for having a group of friends that really try to get to know me, we all help each other with our issues and all together just have a great time. Many people have to go on their journey for inner knowledge alone, but I have met people who are willing to go on it with me. Also thankful for the internet for bringing us together.

I echo Smilephantomhive your shared sentiments. I am grateful to be able to share what I think, feel and believe with other individuals. Hopefully I can learn something from this sharing of an inner phenomenological universe experienced with others of our unique thoughts and held belief system. I like it in Hinduism there is a saying that there are many roads to the top of the mountain. We are all different. We need different approaches to reaching ourselves and our true potential. What is right for one is definitely not right for another person.

We must each make our individual Journey. Each must walk an individual path. It is not lonely for on the way one meets a soul group. A group of extraordinary individuals, who each has something important to share and for us to learn. This is if we keep an open mind, and seek to expand our minds and understanding thus increasing our conscious awareness. Sometimes our paths are parallel and at other times, we must walk the path alone. However, at the end of the journey is a reunion, of those who came before you successfully.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Gratitude for being in a better emotional and mental space than I ever have been. Life still throws grenades and a constants stream of cabbages but I am much more equipped to deal with it, thank you great goddess in the sky and thank you inner me for crawling out of the abyss.

I am quite grateful for the gifts of Betty Blue insight and empathy I am fortunate enough to have. With these two in conjunction I on my life path grow in depth and breadth. With this growth comes healing and a greater understanding of self, others and the world we live in.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm grateful for my curiosity, had I not been like this I might have been content with living in ignorance, and ignorance is a terrifying concept to me, I can't even comprehend being okay with not knowing something, anything, I'm happy to learn even the most seemingly irrelevant piece of information as you never know when one day that information might be useful, or just simply valuable to your growth as a person.

All my life I have been on a journey of Amberiat learning and assimilating wisdom from different fields. It is through life's experiential lessons, that if we use reason and act realistically we can self actualize. None of us will be a fully enlightened person but it is reassuring that I continue to grow using my latent talents and gifts in order of becoming more aware as well as becoming a more awakened individual person.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I am grateful for my fellow members here who allow me to be myself, or at least tolerate it, and who are interested in discussing topics that most of my RL associates have little interest in.

In my own philosophy I am all for authenticity and transparency. I have said [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] innumerable times that I like to share what I think, feel and believe with other individuals. It is by this sharing that one can reassess their own system of beliefs. Hopefully when there is a meeting of the mind, both individuals will walk away with something learned plus gained. I consider this mutual sharing a synergistic connection.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm grateful for the imagination and creativity of others, that manifests in movie scenes with wonder, like this one. The flower scenes were the best part of the movie.

bechimo I am also grateful for those who came before us or are our contemporaries whose creative imagination is reflected through the arts. I also savor the wisdom provided from quotations from the wise men and women who preceded us and who put down their thoughts in quotations filled with wisdom.

ThoughtBubbles

Pansexual Primadonna
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm grateful for the beautiful beautiful moment, even though the looming future terrifies me

Metis

Lies spoil everything; therefore, there is nothing for which to be grateful.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank you [MENTION=21890]Codex[/MENTION] for being one of the kindest, most life-giving people I've ever met, not just here but in life in general. I'm grateful this place allowed us to know each other. :heart:

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Package deliveries and plans coming together. :D Can't wait to start wrapping.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
For [MENTION=35566]Luminous[/MENTION] being so kind and understanding. :blush:

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
For the dark and the silence, for the light and the sound.

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For sour gummy worms when you have to stay awake and for the freedom to not wear shoes after a long day of wearing heels. For friends and for all the lovely people on this forum.