• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] I don't really get Type 6

Nonette

Many sites call type 6 the "loyalist". And yet, when you read the descriptions, they seem to be all about pessimissim and finding difficulties.

These two attributes don't seem to fit together very well. Like... a pessimistic loyalist?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Many sites call type 6 the "loyalist". And yet, when you read the descriptions, they seem to be all about pessimissim and finding difficulties.

These two attributes don't seem to fit together very well. Like... a pessimistic loyalist?

The thing to realize about 6s is they seek security. Because of that, they tend to be looking towards bad things that could go wrong in the future for four reasons:
1. To know what they can depend on
2. To understand the future threats that need their attention
3. To prevent future problems from occurring
4. To be ready for future problems when they arise

They tend to be pretty good in crisis situations because they have mentally prepared for most bad things that could happen already.

As to loyalty - relationships provide security. Therefore, strong, dependable and trusting relationships are important. I will throw myself under a bus for someone in that inner circle. Loyalty, group cohesion, responsibility, dependability - these are all important things.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
As a six, I like loyalty in the sense that I truly care about people's well-being, so I always prioritize being there for others if they need me. I do that because I am so pessimistic about people actually being there for each other =P

Patrick

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Someone said it takes two kinds of people to make progress: the optimist invents the airplane, and the pessimist invents the parachute.

Pessimists get a bad rap for being dour and sullen and sucking all the joy out of life; and sometimes we end up doing that to some degree. But we also keep overly optimistic people from falling off cliffs, being swindled, or suffering from other foreseeable disasters.