• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] 6w5 and 'Mansplaining'

Starry

Wait now I'm confused... :/

Excellent...my plan to confuse the world one person at a time is working! (sorry...i still haven't had enough coffee and I think I was filling in some of my own blanks there haha)

For some reason I didn't understand you were sure of e6 and made things confusing by throwing out 9 for no reason. What I was trying to say though is that I don't think mansplaining is enneagram related regardless of point. I think "mansplaining" ...or what is received as mansplaining is related to ISP....only.

Starry

When I'm explaining something an image forms, and as I'm talking I'm "running my fingers" over all the facets I can see. Sometimes that means touching familiar areas.

^^this is good sunyata.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Excellent...my plan to confuse the world one person at a time is working! (sorry...i still haven't had enough coffee and I think I was filling in some of my own blanks there haha)

For some reason I didn't understand you were sure of e6 and made things confusing by throwing out 9 for no reason. What I was trying to say though is that I don't think mansplaining is enneagram related regardless of point. I think "mansplaining" ...or what is received as mansplaining is related to ISP....only.

Interesting! Never thought that would be an ISP quality. It's the inferior Te?

Starry

Interesting! Never thought that would be an ISP quality. It's the inferior Te?

I wish I understood the inferiors better because I appreciate their significance but my knowledge is really only limited to this truth: Si in the trunk is a recipe for insanity.

It is just something I've noticed out of a decent number of ISPs. The ISFP 9w8 I dated would become excited about something and two hours later I would have been able to hammer out a dissertation on the topic had I wanted...

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
[MENTION=5643]EcK[/MENTION] When I saw this thread I thought fives was going to say 6w5s were more likely to be feminists than average :D

(bows head in disappointment)

[MENTION=18819]five sounds[/MENTION] In all fairness, I don't see how any of this has a lot to do with your friend's Enneagram. She also doesn't sound a lot like an ISFP to me, but some xxFJ type, though I'll bow to you on that. If you feel she's being a little bit of a know-it-all and talking down to you, tell her politely. For example: "hey I don't feel you're letting me speak enough" or "you're being a bit patronising" and see how she responds. She is your friend so hopefully will listen to you. If she doesn't, well, maybe you should move on to someone who will.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wish I understood the inferiors better because I appreciate their significance but my knowledge is really only limited to this truth: Si in the trunk is a recipe for insanity.

It is just something I've noticed out of a decent number of ISPs. The ISFP 9w8 I dated would become excited about something and two hours later I would have been able to hammer out a dissertation on the topic had I wanted...

Haha that sounds like exactly what I'm talking about! Love it.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dunno guys, I'm pretty sure she's ISFP. Enneagram seems to be entirely in the air at the current moment though.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just smile, interrupt, redirect the conversation to the parts where I want more explanation with questions.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow, I so don't do this, I think I am an almost-mute version of isfp in comparison, lol

Duffy

I don't think it's related to 5 core or 5 wing.

The whole core of 5-ness revolves around avarice, which can manifest as a reluctance to engage with others for fear of depletion of resources. I have some 5-ness in me, and I don't steamroll people with info or talk down to them, at least not IRL. Ironically, I've observed a 7 I know do something like this, which makes way more sense if we wanna attribute this to type.

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you're getting an ISFP to talk, you're doing something right, or something dreadfully wrong.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you're getting an ISFP to talk, you're doing something right, or something dreadfully wrong.

:D You guys are one to talk - I remember the first time I got my INFP friend in college to finally speak. I'd known him for over a year, and somehow, I'd managed to gain his trust enough so he'd let me walk him home.

Next thing I know, I'm in his bed room, getting a two hour lecture on Warhammer. :shock:
This from a man who normally barely uttered more than two words to me and mumbled them at best!

I will admit - he was absolutely adorable in all his stammering passion :happy2: :wubbie:

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Haha so true. I'm being picky, aren't I?

- - - Updated - - -

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
:D You guys are one to talk - I remember the first time I got my INFP friend in college to finally speak. I'd known him for over a year, and somehow, I'd managed to gain his trust enough so he'd let me walk him home.

Next thing I know, I'm in his bed room, getting a two hour lecture on Warhammer. :shock:
This from a man who normally barely uttered more than two words to me and mumbled them at best!

I will admit - he was absolutely adorable in all his stammering passion :happy2: :wubbie:

Is this a figure of speech or it was litterally this ? :eek:verthinking:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I think people of almost every type will do what you describe, if they are excited/passionate about something, I think much of the time they may have little idea the extent they're doing it, and I agree, on the receiving end it can become tiresome, if you're listening for a lengthy amount of time while they go on a monologue. I don't really have a good suggestion other than trying to be sensitive and not hurt their feelings when you try to cut it short or acknowledge you understand what they're saying, or don't desire to know the details, or whatever. I think it's tricky.