• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Batman's bookshelf

Lark

I wonder if anyone else has ever wondered about super heroes like Batman and Superman and wondered what their book shelves would be like.

I've read storylines in which Batman is described as everything from Sherlock Holmes to a Zen Master, there's a lot of learning or reading involved in that, Superman is a visitor to earth from an extraterrestrial world which is gone now, he's likely to have an anthropologists interest in earth if nothing else.

Anyone else wonder what the content of it would be or know of any good websites on that topic too?

KDude

Superman got most of his education from his dad, in that little pod, flying to earth. Then his Fortress has a hologram of his dad, who teaches him anything he wants. For whatever reason, his dad kept up on Earth.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
superman doesn't read, but clark kent reads just about everything, politics, biology, philosophy, psychology; savant like sponge mind. clark kent=ken wilber

batman = many technical manuals. building bombs and all .. mythological stuff, some shamanism, psychology of transformations (jung etc), dying, illusions, conspiracy theories (he would want to get his hands on "the Arc"), fiction.

no, i haven't put much thought in that ;)

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I wonder if anyone else has ever wondered about super heroes like Batman and Superman and wondered what their book shelves would be like.

I've read storylines in which Batman is described as everything from Sherlock Holmes to a Zen Master, there's a lot of learning or reading involved in that, Superman is a visitor to earth from an extraterrestrial world which is gone now, he's likely to have an anthropologists interest in earth if nothing else.

Anyone else wonder what the content of it would be or know of any good websites on that topic too?

Why would Superman have any anthropological interest beyond that of a normal human? He's been on earth since he was less than a year old. It's not like the lion's share of his experiences or memories are related to Krypton. It's likely he has virtually no memory of Krypton. He's been around humans and human culture for what amounts to pretty much his whole life.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
superman doesn't read, but clark kent reads just about everything, politics, biology, philosophy, psychology; savant like sponge mind. clark kent=ken wilber

I think that depends on which era of Superman you're talking about. The character originally was incredibly intelligent, smarter than a human could possibly be (he was basically God in his first conception: the complete lack of any fault or weakness kind of made, and to some degree still makes, the character a tad boring to me), but he's generally shown in modern comics to be a bit above average in terms of intelligence, but certainly not of the level of Lex Luthor or Bruce Wayne.