• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Shaming Threads

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It is out of line to tell someone that they're going to grow up to be a deadbeat abusive drunk "because you're an FJ." That's not discussing the different flaws of the types. That's a personal attack based on projection. It's not just about being butthurt. It's uncalled for.

It's totally called for, it's like the Scared Straight MBTI Edition

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's totally called for, it's like the Scared Straight MBTI Edition

Gonna have to agree to disagree here. Questioning whether or not it's type related is one thing. Telling someone that that's who they are or who they're going to be without even knowing them is not okay. People are not allowed to talk to me like that.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well fuck me then, if no one actually cares about this then why don't we just get more overt about it? How about we start making threads about how everyone of type xxxx is (or will be) physically abusive, everyone of type yyyy is (or will be) a homeless alcoholic, everyone of zzzz is (or will be) serial killers. Nope, no exceptions. And no one's allowed to disagree or try to defend themselves. Oh what's that, you don't like that someone's telling you that your very destiny is to be a deadbeat?! Too bad, I know you better than you do.

Fuck this forum right now. I'm so disgusted.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well fuck me then, if no one actually cares about this then why don't we just get more overt about it? How about we start making threads about how everyone of type xxxx is (or will be) physically abusive, everyone of type yyyy is (or will be) a homeless alcoholic, everyone of zzzz is (or will be) serial killers. Nope, no exceptions. And no one's allowed to disagree or try to defend themselves. Oh what's that, you don't like that someone's telling you that your very destiny is to be a deadbeat?! Too bad, I know you better than you do.

Fuck this forum right now. I'm so disgusted.

I get you Yamato, the anger I had was not uncalled for. But it's sad, that you have to conform against your better nature and let things slide to have people respect you again.

I like certain individuals here very much though.

I've come to expect and learn that the idealists here are not that admired especially when emotions are attached. Fuck our own feelings because they're scary. Some people think the lack of speaking out someone's mind shows maturity, but often times I think it can be the very opposite of that.

But what do I know? :coffee: I only think unconventionally.

N

Nutter The Cat

Nutter wishes that all the fair people of Typology Central would stop type-shaming one another.

cYs0lkz.jpg

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I get you Yamato, the anger I had was not uncalled for. But it's sad, that you have to conform against your better nature and let things slide to have people respect you again.

I like certain individuals here very much though.

I've come to expect and learn that the idealists here are not that admired especially when emotions are attached. Fuck our own feelings because they're scary. Some people think the lack of speaking out someone's mind shows maturity, but often times I think it can be the very opposite of that.

But what do I know? :coffee: I only think unconventionally.

i no longer speak my mind because 1 i don't want to be banned again and 2 i just don't want to deal with the trolls and assholes responding. so there's that sometimes you just give up.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
as someone of one of those types that's been traditionally called a dumb bully on this site (ok... TWO of those types!) I can definitely agree that it gets fucking OLD after a bit :dry:

the fact that some people will always get into those threads on a fucking mission to proselytize as many people to that viewpoint as possible is pretty discouraging for anyone interested in typology or exploring their own type some more... who'll admit to being a Se-dom if we're all dumbass alcoholic bullies, as an example? these threads close people's minds and discourage them from even exploring certain avenues because they know that they aren't horrible people

and it doesn't matter how well you know yourself... if you disagree about your own fucking type YOU are the one who must be wrong, because the typological theories of others are infallible in the face of real people and real life

asking questions and trying to understand another type is fine and good because you're not making assumptions, you're asking questions and trying to AVOID letting your brain solidify into the type of thought patterns that go along with the whole "all XXXXs are sluts" ideology... it's when people make broad, sweeping statements about types and then try to convince others that they are indeed right because their pet theory trumps reality that I have real problems with them :thelook:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There are many threads that have the following dynamic. These actually are not the worst of the threads I'm talking about. I'd be glad to start by doing away with the worst trolling scenarios and keep grey area for further discussion.

There are probably at least a few hundred instances where a person is emotionally involved with someone in their life who has distanced themselves. There is a lot of built up anger and the inability to establish communication. As a result the temptation is to come to a forum to subconsciously look for a proxy to stand in the place of the person who won't communicate. By connecting a category of online strangers to the individual, you can yell at the person by proxy and try to get them to admit to what they've done and apologize to you. Of course this is an escapist approach that won't provide the satisfaction needed to resolve a personal relationship problem.

Okay, that's fine, but it isn't entirely dealing with reality. The individual experience and abstract theory get mixed up where the individual needs validation and closure for their personal pain, but when transferring it into abstract theory people reject the guilt that is being placed upon them. In this way the hurt person just continues to feel dismissal in a new context, and the online people being attacked can feel misunderstood and frustrated. I think it is at least worth addressing and discussing that there are ineffectual scenarios that get intertwined with theory, analysis, and trolling.

In addition to these very personal scenarios, a lot of people are contrarians by nature. They will disagree with anything you present them with. We live in an internet culture of contrarians. *waits for someone to disagree*

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wait, so all the books and movies that portray INTJs as permanently being evil was wrong this whole time? :greatscott:

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Let's cool it with the type shaming threads. It's not an insightful or helpful approach to personality analysis. These are formalized rants, passive aggressive ways of expressing personal anger and hurt. I realize that we all get hurt very badly by others, but what would be a more productive way to deal with these feelings, rather than berating entire categories of people over personal pain?

Responses for other ideas of expressing personal pain are welcomed and important here.

It's called lower level integration lines in Enneagram. Read it and weep. The problem is, with that kind of information, every type's dirty laundry can be seen in public and depending on their type, it will also shows how they will react to it. So each type requires a different method in how to deal with it. T-types will almost always (*&#! over F-types :D

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Coming up next: "Ni users- How come the future freaks you out?"

Ni-users: Pretty Much Hitler or Literally Hitler?

Ni is probably the easiest function to pick on. "Ni users, why do you feel like the TV is conspiring with the radiator to ruin you?"

True story. I was at my grandma's one day and she had Oprah on. I got kind of freaked out because the subject of the show was so spot on for a split second I was like, "What if this show actually is just for me? What if Oprah is trying to give just me a message?"

After luxuriating in the abyss of psychosis for a few more minutes, I went to make a sandwich. It was turkey.

There are many threads that have the following dynamic. These actually are not the worst of the threads I'm talking about. I'd be glad to start by doing away with the worst trolling scenarios and keep grey area for further discussion.

There are probably at least a few hundred instances where a person is emotionally involved with someone in their life who has distanced themselves. There is a lot of built up anger and the inability to establish communication. As a result the temptation is to come to a forum to subconsciously look for a proxy to stand in the place of the person who won't communicate. By connecting a category of online strangers to the individual, you can yell at the person by proxy and try to get them to admit to what they've done and apologize to you. Of course this is an escapist approach that won't provide the satisfaction needed to resolve a personal relationship problem.

Okay, that's fine, but it isn't entirely dealing with reality. The individual experience and abstract theory get mixed up where the individual needs validation and closure for their personal pain, but when transferring it into abstract theory people reject the guilt that is being placed upon them. In this way the hurt person just continues to feel dismissal in a new context, and the online people being attacked can feel misunderstood and frustrated. I think it is at least worth addressing and discussing that there are ineffectual scenarios that get intertwined with theory, analysis, and trolling.

In addition to these very personal scenarios, a lot of people are contrarians by nature. They will disagree with anything you present them with. We live in an internet culture of contrarians. *waits for someone to disagree*

For me, it always comes back to personal responsibility. The reader always has the power to choose whether or not to engage with the OP and on what terms. Wanting to help someone else doesn't require you to be their punching bag.

If some person is shitting up other people's threads with negative bullshit, that's more problematic to me, but not necessarily harder to deal with. They can always be reported or ignored.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
True story. I was at my grandma's one day and she had Oprah on. I got kind of freaked out because the subject of the show was so spot on for a split second I was like, "What if this show actually is just for me? What if Oprah is trying to give just me a message?"

After luxuriating in the abyss of psychosis for a few more minutes, I went to make a sandwich. It was turkey.

This is the best post I've read all day.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ni-users: Pretty Much Hitler or Literally Hitler?

I'm screaming. xD
Thank you for making me laugh, lmao!

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

I've been wondering the same. It's almost as unsettling as overly realistic mannequins that make you think they're real people in the corner of your eye.

Edit: retard moment. I thought this was about Mal's avatar lmfao. Jake is Jake, I can deal.