• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I need some typing help

callistathesylph

I did a questionnaire and am curious about other people’s takes on my responses. It was worth six pages when I finished filling it out, so it’s kind of a long read.

1) Context:
a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?

I am a 17 year old from the United States. I don’t have any impairments that affect my answers. My religious beliefs are neutral. Lastly, as far as I know, my political beliefs don’t swing to the more extreme ends of the compass.

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?

With MBTI, I am currently considering all of the analyst types, ISTP, and (sort of) ESFP. I’m second guessing myself again, and I want to see other people’s takes to help me finally decide on something.

With the Enneagram, I am considering 3w4, 4w3, 4w5, and 5w4 as possible core types and wings. One of them could be a fix, too. I am also considering either 8w9 or 9w8 being a possible fix in my tritype. I’m not entirely too sure about the instinctual stacking, since they can make a type appear like another and express their traits in extremely different ways.

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?
In all honesty, I never thought about this outside of hormone-driven existential moments. Outside of those moments, my take comes off as a lot more optimistic. My purpose in life is to live and indulge in its entirety without being dragged down by something or someone. Success, thrill, curiosity, and the ability to be “free” at any given point drive this.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?

Greatest to Least

Greed:
A major aspect in my career decisions is money, since I like material things. I wanted to do something within my interests, but most of them didn’t immediately pay as well as computer science. Not to mention some of their job outlooks weren’t as good (and my parents would’ve kept hounding me over not choosing something like computer science or the “less abstract” medical field anyways). Plus, I had a spoiled upbringing, which influences a lot of things.

Envy: This tends to be suppressed when I am not being super hormonal. Otherwise, it comes out in more pessimistic ways. First, it comes out as regret over giving up on something (ex. singing, dance, swimming) or not doing something (ex. volleyball, learning how to play the guitar or drums). This sometimes comes out as regret over not becoming a specific type of person and not having the opportunity to experience things like relationships or doing things without my parents watching like hawks. After that, I just get frustrated and envious.

When I see someone who seems to “have it all” in terms of skill, personality, appearance, and relationships, I can’t help but get angry and try to one up them.

Pride: I like to keep up a put together and perfect image in front of other people. It’s not entirely linked to my style and leans more towards my intellect and what it results in. I want to be free from the restrictions it brings, but I also don’t want to be seen as less if I do.

Lust: I’m not comfortable with sharing the sexual parts. But, when it comes to the non-sexual perspective, there is a lot of longing to have something to help me maintain or create another part of my image. There’s also a lot of longing to have someone by my side.

Wrath: Wrath is something I suppress a lot, and it can boil over in the same way as well. When it boils over, it comes out as irritation or passive-aggressiveness. It can also make me feel as if I’m “burning” or “boiling” on the inside to the point where the outside world is filtered out. I sometimes get tempted to act in more physical ways if it gets intense, but I never follow through with it.

Sloth: I only become lazy if I’m exhausted or burnt out. It goes away with a lot of sleep and music.

Gluttony: My indulgence is more driven by longing rather than impulse and hedonism.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to

In general, I am drawn to people who have a chill temperament, regardless if they are an extrovert, introvert, or ambivert. It’s even better if they have the same interests as me. I also like the types who are rebellious, but not obnoxious. Although, I tend to admire them from afar rather than interact with them.

b) The type of people who are drawn to you

The same as above, except for the rebellious part. I don’t talk that much, and most people don’t initiate interaction with me, so I’m the one who initiates things half of the time.

c) The type of people you are repulsed by

People who are obnoxious. I don’t mind it if they are funny or doing something for a good cause, but if they are just interrupting or bothering people for stupid reasons or do stupid things, I can’t help but get annoyed.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.

One trait is not caring what other people think. They can easily talk about anything and express themselves with little to no shame. I tend to be awkward, a little bit embarrassed, and worry about what others think when it comes to loudly expressing myself outside of my style and writing.

Another trait is having a naturally captivating presence. Having a presence that commands the attention and awe of the entire room regardless if one talks a lot or not is something I find fascinating. It’s hard for me to properly replicate without dramatically tailoring my appearance, and even then, eyes aren’t constantly glued to me unless something is needed.

I’m not entirely sure how to word this one properly, but being able to attract people with little to no effort (maybe even seduction (?)) is something I have a hard time trying to emulate. Again, changing parts of my appearance is a factor. The fact that some people can do it naturally is a major envy point for me.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger

Suppressed. It usually comes out as frustration and irritation.

b) Shame

For me, shame is tied with fear. It tends to come out when I am interacting with those who aren’t acquaintances or friends, but it is not visible.

c) Fear

The driving factor of shame. At the same time, it also drives my urge to be free.

d) Love/passion

Love is safe and a source of comfort and security. But passion is something I find appealing and want to deeply indulge in, even if it comes out in bursts.

e) Conflict

Conflict is something that makes me feel awkward and entertained at the same time. I won’t hesitate to be a peacekeeper if I am familiar with the source and if it won’t result in my nose being broken. If it’s necessary, I also won’t hesitate to find a solution that escalates things according to how far the conflict has gotten

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?

Being a “lone wolf”. This was even more pervasive when I was younger, and it felt a lot easier to jump in than ask. Especially since I was (and still somewhat am) the quiet type. Nowadays, I do initiate things, but I spend most of my time alone or with a friend or two.

8) Answer only one of the following:
b)[Under college aged] What do you plan on studying/working as in the future? How did you go about deciding this? If this is not your ideal area of pursuit, what would be?

I plan on majoring in computer science. Besides financial security, the versatility it brings to creating something practical is something I find appealing. It also sparks my curiosity, since there are many programming languages out there. Plus, I can work on projects in any place that has WiFi.

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?

If I saw this person in passing, I would focus on how they interact with me and compare it with how they interact with other people. If I haven’t seen them at all, I would try to gauge their reaction/response to a question I ask that is based on a common experience in the environment.

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?

I have neutral feelings towards humanity. No one is purely good, but not everyone is a horrible person.

Regardless if one thinks a problem is bigger or smaller than others, a major factor to them is greed. Greed can easily traverse from the material, like money, to the immaterial, like power. To get both, some prey on the desperate and impressionable. As a result, both tend to end up falling for whatever trick is presented in order to get some form of security, even if it is destructive. Some simply use threats and violence, creating chaos off the bat.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?

My hobbies so far are: reading, writing, drawing, coding, traveling, and playing tennis (I don’t play as often anymore). I’ve been meaning to start embroidery and archery, but I haven’t followed through yet.

My interests are: psychology, history, music, architecture, and computer science (there’s a lot more but I don’t feel like putting them in).

13) How do you usually “hang out†with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.

I mostly have acquaintances, so I don’t hang out with them outside of school. Both my best friend and I have overprotective parents, so we rarely hung out outside of school as well. I moved away, so our only way of hanging out is through texting now.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?

Both are important, as one can easily change the perspective of the other, especially if enough time passes by.

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion
Elaborate on why!

I know that immortality can become boring to some people, but personally, there are a lot of things in this world I want to see and explore— some of them far from my lifetime. Besides, I can’t have a “game over” moment if I fumble something while exploring if I’m immortal. Even better if I am able to still look young and not have a deteriorating body.

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.

I hope to avoid becoming someone who is trapped. A husk, a slave, or someone who never got their independence is my greatest fear. The thought of being stuck with someone dull or controlling and having a stifling life makes my fight or flight response go haywire.

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?

I tend to merge with my interests. It was more intense when I was younger— since I made Heathers my entire personality— but now, it’s private. It is something I don’t think about often, unless I do something relating to it or think about it at random.

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are your preferences and tendencies?

Organized chaos. It is easy for me to organize things as it is to leave things lying around in random places. I like planning things out. But if I didn’t get enough practice or didn’t finish something, I am good at ad libbing based on what I remember or streamlining it on the spot.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?

To me, comfort is something that allows people to relax and express themselves without disturbance and fearing what people think. It allows people to be free without feeling as if there’s a ball and chain attached to them.

Comfort is something I find and create through visually appealing and well-made things, since they can last for a while. Besides that, having anything relating to my hobbies and being able to listen to music through speakers instead of just headphones is another factor. There is also financial security, finishing an assignment or personal project, and finally doing something I’ve been wanting to do. Lastly, not feeling trapped is the biggest source, since I can go wherever and whenever I want with little to no hindrances.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Welcome to the forum!

My best guess is either 3 or 7 core. It may be a bit difficult to gauge because of the situation you're in (high school, with parents who make you feel trapped). The emphasis on not wanting to feel trapped speaks to 7, and the emphasis on how you're perceived by others, your image, to 3. I don't see 4 or 5. I suspect your gut is 9.

For instincts, I'm guessing you're neither sp or sx blind, so either sp/sx or sx/sp.

junathan

Helloo!

Based on what you wrote, I think you are Fi Se, so ISFP. Fi because you seem to have a deep understanding of things you like and dislike, and you have no trouble talking about them. Se, because the things you are talking about so far seems to be grounded in reality, and because your biggest fear is being tied down by people and things. Then again, Se is a bit shaky for me.. but I don't think it is Ne so hence Se.

the sentinel

Enneagram
the way that the different answers are like puzzle pieces to fit together, suggest to me Enneatype 4