• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Insulting Stereotyping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mvika

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My favorite video on ENFP by my favorite MBTI Types Video maker! He also gets our ESTJ side! Maybe because is an INFJ.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't really like the dom Fe stereotype of having the inability to reason and use logic.

Mvika

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't really like the dom Fe stereotypes of having the inability to reason and use logic.

It is especially unfair because Fe comes with Ti, which is the most comprehensively thoughtful and logical of all functions!

Mole

Permabanned
Stereotypes are in fact archetypes.

And we discover archetypes by studying cliches.

And we are rich in cliches on Typology Central. Most of us write in cliches, and freshly minted prose is almost unknown. So accordingly we are up to our navels in archetypes.

And this is as it should be in a site called Typology Central. But the fascinating thing is not only is there a deep silence about archetypes, but archetypes are dissed, they are disrespected, they are mentioned only pejoratively.

This is extraordinary as archetypes unconsciously guide are very actions, but in a society built on the myth of the individual, it is only natural that archetypes be banished.

And it is obvious that anyone who uses stereotypes, or archetypes, is a bad person.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In a way I sometimes actually kind of do lol, which is funny. :p I don't like when people think that I'm warm and nurturing just because I'm "ISFJ The Nurturer." I'm actually quite cold in reality. :(

To what degree? Like ice cube, tundra, of hell freezes over cold? ;) I really doubt you're that cold. I mean c'mon. *looks at you with the "I been there" stare*

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9?
Instinctual Variant
sp
Okay, I watched the video, I get it was a parody, but it was just embarrassing to watch.

And this from an ISFP who actually does scan and collate paper all day for a living. XD

Seriously? INTJ's are universally hated. We're right up there with ISIS, people who order in English with a Spanish accent at a Mexican restaurant and Ann Coulter.

Since when? I thought the internet loves INTJs?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My favorite video on ENFP by my favorite MBTI Types Video maker! He also gets our ESTJ side! Maybe because is an INFJ.

They def have an STJ side! Usually under stress or...I don't know? When they've procrastinated long enough? Lol. They super focus and go non stop until goal reached. Like a sprint to the finish line.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
To what degree? Like ice cube, tundra, of hell freezes over cold? ;) I really doubt you're that cold. I mean c'mon. *looks at you with the "I been there" stare*

To the extent that most people who observe me in a social setting but aren't close to me would probably peg me as an ISTJ or maybe INTP. I'm nice when people talk to me but I have a really unapproachable standoffish vibe. :(

Mvika

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
To the extent that most people who observe me in a social setting but aren't close to me would probably peg me as an ISTJ or maybe INTP. I'm nice when people talk to me but I have a really unapproachable standoffish vibe. :(

Clarification: my point being that the stereotypes affect Ts as well as Fs. If an F isn't warm and nurturing they get accused of being a T. And if a T is anything other than distant and aloof, they get called an F.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe the Constitution needs to amended yet again to allow ENFPs a fair trial before being institutionalized for oozing a deluge of non-biodegradable stupidity!:ranting:

Okay, here is the broader question! Have any of you been unjustly discriminated against, once your type was known, here or in the real world to your detriment? I would love to hear your experiences--all types welcome, but I have a soft spot for Feelers and Ps.
If ENFPs would only refrain from the highlighted, the problem would be solved.

As for your question: no, I have never felt unjustly treated on the basis of type. IRL most people neither know nor care about type, so this statement applies almost entirely online.

Seriously? INTJ's are universally hated. We're right up there with ISIS, people who order in English with a Spanish accent at a Mexican restaurant and Ann Coulter.
But this is not due to our known MBTI type, but simply for who we really are. Sort of holding a grudge against the black guy who really did mug you.

Maybe, but nobody called you stupid! There is a grudging respect for even the most hated INTJs.
Which is why I cannot consider it discrimination.

And it is obvious that anyone who uses stereotypes, or archetypes, is a bad person.
Then you must really dislike Joseph Campbell . . . and Walt Disney.

If my computer had feelings, it also would certainly be fond of me since I removed Windows and installed Ubuntu.
To be expected. If only others would be so thoughtful toward their computers.

Mvika

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If ENFPs would only refrain from the highlighted, the problem would be solved.

As for your question: no, I have never felt unjustly treated on the basis of type. IRL most people neither know nor care about type, so this statement applies almost entirely online.

Oh Coriolis! Do you have to say that? :)

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, I cannot. :)

i like it. keep it coming, i was missing your tough love...felt forgotten. :)
Oh, dear. I have a masochist on my hands.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Incorrect, I'm beloved by family, friends and pets. If my computer had feelings, it also would certainly be fond of me since I removed Windows and installed Ubuntu.

I'm pretty sure my fish love me. Most family, my boss since she says it often. The guy at the farmers market that sells me bread, I think he likes me. These are plenty. But yeah this is mostly an online thing, haters gonna....you know.

Cowardly

deactivated
Oh, dear. I have a masochist on my hands.
Beware: according to Freud, there's a sadist in every masochist.

I'm pretty sure my fish love me. Most family, my boss since she says it often. The guy at the farmers market that sells me bread, I think he likes me. These are plenty. But yeah this is mostly an online thing, haters gonna....you know.
Couldn't one be universally loved and universally hated? Both at once? These ones would be considered deities, I think.

Perhaps we're universally feared.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
This is 100% me! Shocking! I wanted to believe I was a unique snowflake!.

Literally JUST watched one of her vids and that was before seeing Highlander's post, but ya, I thought it was great! I watched this one:

I'll probably watch her other vids too, but to be honest, she was losing me about half way through. I started to grow bored and I was thinking...can you just like talk much, MUCH faster?? haha but nah, I liked her :)