• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Insulting Stereotyping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
To be fair, you could easily flip the roles in another video. Have an ISTJ and ENFP working on coaching an individual. The ENFP would connect deep and personally right away and the ISTJ would draw up a flow chart on a white board (using rulers to draw the lines and boxes ofc) and get super frustrated when the individual goes "off script" and subsequently storms out of the room. Fantastic.

Even still -- just a little while back I (arguably) gamed an MBTI test given IRL, on account of stereotyping that occurs even at the layperson level. But that's my typical MO anyway.

On the net, if I'm the "victim" of stereotyping I usually chalk it up to the other person having fuck all else to say. I echo [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] here: "Oh, bless your lil' heart."

No way in hell would I want to work for someone ignorant enough to base hirings/firings on something like fucking MBTI type. Chances are that they'd be a shitty manager in other respects, too.

Mvika

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
because all ENFPs go there...lol

The only INTJs i have met are here and I don't know them biblically. Besides, why will i feel better about ENFP being stereotyped as an Carlin called"dumber than a second coat of paint!" by visiting some relationship thread? :shock:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The only INTJs i have met are here and I don't know them biblically. Besides, why will i feel better about ENFP being stereotyped as an Carlin called"dumber than a second coat of paint!" by visiting some relationship thread? :shock:
its theoretically a match made in heaven and you can learn all about it...

Mvika

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
its theoretically a match made in heaven and you can learn all about it...

It seems to be a match made in convenience: The unpopular, aloof INTJ nerds and their soft-headed, manic Goof-friends.:D

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It seems to be a match made in convenience: The unpopular, aloof INTJ nerds and their soft-headed, manic Goof-friends.:D
INTJs love a mental masterbation partner...oops...insulting stereotyping...i bet they agree though ;)

Mvika

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJs love a mental masterbation partner...oops...insulting stereotyping...i bet they agree though ;)

Then ENTP should be their choice. Nobody engages in more MM than the ENTP--purveyor of questionable ideas and hare-brained schemes.:D

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=29233]Mvika[/MENTION]

maybe you can go here to take the pain away...
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to introduce [MENTION=29233]Mvika[/MENTION] to this thread.

No forum initiation is complete without it, but is she ready yet?

Tater

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to introduce [MENTION=29233]Mvika[/MENTION] to this thread.

[positive stereotype]she's an enfp. she doesn't have to prepare![/positive stereotype]

Mvika

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[positive stereotype]she's an enfp. she doesn't have to prepare![/positive stereotype]

Wow, I wish I were in on this joke! Sounds positively SCANDALOUS!:fiesta:

Mvika

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

That was simply the worst thread ever! *walks away in shock*

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

Well, found what I'm going to be doing for the next three hours :happy2:

Mvika

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
have you tried stand up comedy? :coffee:

Isn't that for super smart people? The ENFPs are apparently not fit be anything but Santa's reindeer.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I used to be really perplexed about what people even meant when they say ENFPs... Well, NFPs are these fanciful fairies in lala land, until I took a reflective look at my own thoughts and where they tend to circle around... Ya, there's not always much reality tied to them. I just don't SAY these things since I know how that would come across to others, but they're there. But shoot, that's why I subconsciously surround myself with SFJs and NTJs right? To give me that connection to reality and objectivity :newwink:

I hate to admit it, but even the most retarded stereotypes have at least a bit of truth to them. It's when people ONLY base their opinions of ENFPs off those retarded stereotypes that it sucks to be one. :dry:

Though, one thing that does annoy me more than the typical stereotype in itself, is how these stereotypes apply to gender roles and what it means to be a "masculine" male. As much headway as has been made, it's still way antiquated, and the typical enthusiasm, depth of emotion, and spontaneity that can come with the type doesn't always play nice for projecting what is supposed to be a straight male image.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm really bored of the overglorification of Ns, especially NFPs and INFJs. Whenever I see these types on forums like this, I think to myself "Oh god, here comes another one of those fluffballs." They're so generic, they try to act whatever their test scores and descriptions say, to the point that you can't really tell who's who if you solely look at their posts.

I would like more spaces for people to be funny. As it stands right now we only have the bonfire and the graveyard for people to be funny. Maybe it's just me, but I find graveyard threads to be extremely entertaining.

Mvika

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm really bored of the overglorification of Ns, especially NFPs and INFJs. Whenever I see these types on forums like this, I think to myself "Oh god, here comes another one of those fluffballs." They're so generic, they try to act whatever their test scores and descriptions say, to the point that you can't really tell who's who if you solely look at their posts.

I would like more spaces for people to be funny. As it stands right now we only have the bonfire and the graveyard for people to be funny. Maybe it's just me, but I find graveyard threads to be extremely entertaining.

Well, I think there are enough threads for people to be funny--just look around! I agree that we could use more threads for people to be intentionally funny. :D