• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How to type by voice signals

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Again, my method proves that:

Ni shows up with Se
Si shows up with Ne
Ti shows up with Fe
Fi shows up with Te

That's sufficient to conclusively prove that type is real.

I have proven it.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Also, I don't really think this is that Fe related. I'm more using Ti+Se. Classifying sensory information. I don't know how you would do it as FiNe.
You forgot the part where people and their expression is involved. You need to know they are emphasising something. That's listening to how people say things. Sounds like a Fe thing to me.

@Indigo Rodent

I didn't classify speech like this prior to attempting to voice type. I had a suspicion for a while that it could be done, but only when I attempted it did I start using words to describe it.
Irrelevant to whenever Fe is linked to using the language to describe it you're using or not.

I don't know what you mean about loud and obnoxious Si. Forward emphasis is the way that a word is emphasised. They all do it. I don't know how to explain it other than saying that it's emphasis? Just check Si primary videos and listen for how they talk. The emphasis is clear.
Nevermind. I guess it was something else.
Is she emphasising in the "what made you write a song segment that starts at 01:20?

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
@Indigo Rodent

"Start", "therapy session", "unrealistic", "proper job", "relationships" etc. are emphatic.
So, going further it would be "enter me in songwriting competition", "and I had to play it", "I really liked it", "that's great song", "funny little competition", "I'm not winning the competition", "write more music"?

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Interesting. I didn't know emphasis sounds like this. Always thought it's something more exaggerated.

Ok, let's test this.
So the guy on the left. I assume he's an ISTJ?

So, starting at 04:44, "Bakhmut", "why" in "why Bakhmut", "the Russians", "early on in the war", "speed and penetration", "just to overwhelm the city and the defenders", "achieve almost a cognitive win", "now what you see", "set piece battles". Is this emphasised?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
@Indigo Rodent

Do you have a way to describe it other than "emphasis"? Chenault came across the same phenomenon, and called it "accentuated" (he called N "syncopated", which I don't understand. I prefer "flowing".). I don't think Chenault is hearing the "forward" component though, or he wouldn't be making so many type mistakes.

Yeah, that guy seems to be SiTe. I didn't hear those words, maybe I checked the wrong bit of the video, but I think you're getting it now. He also has a neutral push of Te, which you might be picking up on. Also, he's highly directive. I don't hear a whole lot of Fi+Ne.

The guy on the right is Si+Ne, Fe+Ti, but I'm not sure of the function order (I only listened to a small section).

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
@Indigo Rodent

Do you have a way to describe it other than "emphasis"? Chenault came across the same phenomenon, and called it "accentuated" (he called N "syncopated", which I don't understand. I prefer "flowing".). I don't think Chenault is hearing the "forward" component though, or he wouldn't be making so many type mistakes.
I think the main reason he's making so many type mistakes is because he has some learning disability that makes him specifically bad at typing people. From what he talking about, IIRC he tends to get overwhelmed by cues.

He refers to the way Si users talk as "drone".

I think the general problem with using descriptions is that they are hard to understand. Like I never quite understood some Pod'Lair descriptions too. Like it's most accesible when there are examples of recorded professional actors or youtubers and indication what fragments to listen to and what words.
But with Pod'Lair the problem was that their examples were mistyped people.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
@Indigo Rodent

It's not that he has trouble with visual reading. He's an excellent visual reader. It's that he has cognitive distortions which lead him to believe things like his previous views of Nai'xyy (when every second person in the community was being typed that way), and now to think that most celebrities are SeTi/NeTi. I'm sure they're understandable misreads, but it's just so ridiculous, that he surely should have noticed his error by now. But he thinks he's made this grand discovery of how all these celebrities are of 2 main types. My typing list is pretty evenly distributed, although comparatively small.

Yeah he uses the drone description as well. I haven't really tried to listen for that so I don't know if it's accurate. But he does also talk about S use being accentuated.

The way I see it with learning audio reading, and it applies to visual reading too - if I can come up with these signals from scratch, then I expect other people to be able to figure it out too if they're told the basic guide of how to do it and provided with a list of typed individuals. It's just that you need to be very intelligent to do so. I'm not sure how much one's type plays into it.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
The way I see it with learning audio reading, and it applies to visual reading too - if I can come up with these signals from scratch, then I expect other people to be able to figure it out too if they're told the basic guide of how to do it and provided with a list of typed individuals. It's just that you need to be very intelligent to do so. I'm not sure how much one's type plays into it.
You see it wrong. As you have noticed with Pod'Lair descriptions basic guides don't work well. It's necessary to point at phenomena itself due to descriptions coming from subjective associations. Do you want it to become a thing a thing or do you want to be forgotten? If everyone has to reinvent the wheel, you'll end up either with no practitioners or with a bunch of original discoverers.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
@Indigo Rodent

I've provided enough material that it can be done fairly easily. You're the only person even showing interest in this, so it seems like a waste of time to do any more. If someone wants to, they can quite easily figure this out.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
People do NOT have to reinvent the wheel.

- I've already mentioned that type can be determined by the voice
- I've mentioned that there's essentially one signal per function
- I've given a good description of what each function is
- I've provided a list of celebrities typed by this method

People don't need to do anywhere near what I did. They just need to figure out what the cues sound like in practice.

An intelligent person who is serious about this can do it.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was considering recording a sample of my voice. Are you interested in testing your theory on it?

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Why is no one paying attention to this? This is a method of typing people in under a minute. It's extremely accurate. It proves things about the functions, like the pairing of opposite functions in the mind (Ni with Se and so on) as well as that the directive functions go together (Ni with Fe and so on) and so do the adaptive (Ti with Se and so on). So, it disputes OPS' animal theory, because that's just not what the voice shows.

I'm hear providing both a decently sized list of celebrities, as well as a fairly clear explanation of how to type. This is far superior to methods like Cognitive Type's vultology, and yet no one is giving it any mind. It's just so simple.
There's a massive taboo against typing by physiological cues in the typology community. Cognitive Type is much better at pedagogics, PR and presentation than you and yet their youtube channel has only 2,94k subscribers. Meanwhile Personality Hacker has 46,5k subscribers - over 10 times more.
Then Frank James has 1,19m subscribers - 25 times more than Personality Hacker. So, first you have a tiny niche of serious typology and then you have a microscopic sub-niche of experimental forbidden typology XD .

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
@Indigo Rodent yep, the typology community is a joke.

I'm the only person I know of who types accurately, and yet no one shows any interest.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
It's also worth noting that the typology community - like most of the world - is run by psychopaths.

I'm literally the opposite of a psychopath, so my chances of becoming well-known are minimal.

Gotta be psychopathic to get success in this world.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
@Doctor Cringelord yeah of course! And what do you mean by "testing my theory"?
I mean using me as a willing Guinea Pig, and typing me by voice

I’ll record an audio sample at some point soon. Not quite sure what to talk about but I’ll think of something

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How would you type Christopher Walken? He seems to be all over the place and random with his emphasis

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here’s a decent Walken video because he’s speaking fairly evenly and not leaning into his “weird” persona as he does in more recent interviews. Trying to use this method (poorly on my part), I’m seeing Ni/Se and Fi/Te. What order I’m not certain but I’ll arbitrarily type him FiSe for the time being. Or maybe NiTe, but I think that’s much less likely.

In general, I think it’s tricky to get an accurate read on actors (good ones, at least) like this, because they’ve obviously spent a lot of time practicing their public speaking and conversational skills to the point that they are able to display a balance of communication styles—they’re chameleons and what we see in public interviews like this is probably not their natural style. That said, I think he’s communicating with the directive Ni you talk about. I say Fi over Fe because he’s not being overly emotive but emotion comes through more in overall tone. I detect a bit of that neutral outward Te push you talk of as well. He seems to get activated and start to emphasize words more when speaking of values and/or interpersonal matters, so that’s another reason I think Fi instead of Fe.

I’d be curious if you got a similar or completely different read from this clip. Granted, I did this early in the morning before I’d had coffee and was fully awake

Last edited: