• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How to type by voice signals

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Type can be determined in a remarkably easy way by listening to the voice.

Each of the 8 functions has a distinct signal associated with it. By identifying what function is being used, and the strength of the signal, the type can be determined.

What the signals are:

The directive functions (Te, Fe, Si and Ni) have forward momentum. They are moving TOWARDS the audience.

Whereas the adaptive functions (Ti, Fi, Se and Ne) have an inward or up-and-down momentum. Ti and Fi go inward, whereas Ne and Se go up and down.

S functions are emphatic. They place emphasis on the words that they're saying.

N functions are flowing. Ni moves in a continuous flow and Ne moves in a wandering flow.

F functions are emotive. Fe has a wide range of expression whereas Fi has an emotional tone to it.

T functions are neutral. Te has somewhat of a push to it, whereas Ti is more of a standard neutrality.

So, to type, I would start by listening for the presence of Si. Listen for speech which is "coming at you" and emphasising the point. Contrast this with speech that is coming at you, but moving in a continuous flow. That's Si and Ni.

At the same time, listen for Se and Ne. Si users will also use Ne, and Ni users will also use Se. So try to identify whether the voice has a downward emphasis, or a wandering manner of speech.

The judgement functions are a bit trickier. Listen for the contrast between the outward and inward functions. Fe will have a very expressive voice when moving outwards, and then go neutral when going inwards. Similarly, Te will have a neutral push when going outwards, contrasted with the emotive resonation of inward Fi.

A further cue that I use for determining Ti and Fi, is to listen for what words are being said when the function is active. Ti will activate on "technically defined terms" and Fi will activate on "emotionally resonant terms". So listen for whether the language is logical or value based when they go inwards.

A further thing to look for is the strength of the signal. This is more subtle. It's about how strongly felt the signal is. I will mention that at times Ns will have quite a strong S signal, but generally the N will be stronger. I especially notice this with Si in Ne types.

Also, when a directive type is using adaptive functions, or an adaptive type is using directive functions, you may notice that they seem drained. It's a bit painful to listen to. Then when using their main functions, they will be more lively and get momentum back. Sometimes this is easier to tell than others.

So there we have it, a basic guide of how to type by voice signals.

From there, it's all about gradually growing your ability to distinguish these signals in the voice.

Don't worry too much about strength of signal at first, just try to identify the cognitive functions.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I made a video demonstrating the perception functions. It is more difficult to demonstrate the judgement functions, so I haven't made a video for those.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
I made a video demonstrating the perception functions. It is more difficult to demonstrate the judgement functions, so I haven't made a video for those.
The volume level is way too low. I think it would be better if you'd post celebrity/youtuber videos for each function with time at which they use them. I guess best celebrities which are dominant in that function.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
The volume level is way too low. I think it would be better if you'd post celebrity/youtuber videos for each function with time at which they use them. I guess best celebrities which are dominant in that function.
I can hear it just fine.

Just use celebrities from my list, and follow the guide as written. I'm not doing fucking timestamps.

Si. Emphasis. Forward. What don't you get?

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
I can hear it just fine.
I guess you have hypersensitive hearing, then since it's way quieter than typical youtube video and I barely hear it after turning up volume to max.

Just use celebrities from my list, and follow the guide as written. I'm not doing fucking timestamps.

Si. Emphasis. Forward. What don't you get?
I don't know what "forward" is supposed to mean and how it's supposed to sound. And how emphasis is supposed to sound.

For example, you mentioned before that Taylor Momsen puts emphasis on her words around the start:

I'd describe her voice as airy and sugary there. Would never think it's emphasis.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
@Indigo Rodent

Taylor Momsen is using Se downward emphasis, and Ni forward flow. The emphasis is only on SOME words. I think I already explained which those words are to you?

But for the rest of the audience: "exciting", "left my house", "glammed up" have up and down emphasis (Se).

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
@Indigo Rodent

Taylor Momsen is using Se downward emphasis, and Ni forward flow. The emphasis is only on SOME words. I think I already explained which those words are to you?

But for the rest of the audience: "exciting", "left my house", "glammed up" have up and down emphasis (Se).
Is downward the thing where it sounds almost like she's asking a question?
Do you have any example of forward emphasis?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
@Indigo Rodent

I have a list of celebrities. Just listen for the emphasis in the Si types.

I don't know how you don't understand what emphasis is?

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
@Indigo Rodent

Neither am I? I still don't see your point.
Normally, I just say things. I don't name how I say things, same with how other people say things, but it sounds like it's something characteristic for speech training, for example for theater.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
@Indigo Rodent

But these are just ordinary words in the english language... the thing is, you need to be able to hear things like direction. Is this my Ni+Se being used in combination? Perhaps. If you've tried listening to examples from my typing list, and used this guide to try and figure out the cues, and have failed, then I don't know what else you can do. I demonstrated the signals in my video, and while the volume is low, it's definitely audible if you turn the volume up. Could you understand visual reading? Are you more a visual learner rather than audio (whatever that means)?

I prefer my method over visual reading. I figured it out from scratch, only with the motivation that, if type can be determined from the face, then it should be able to be determined from the voice. And here I am giving you the guide for how it's done. Just use your intelligence, if indeed you're an intelligent person. You need to figure it out yourself from the clues I've given, and I've given some pretty clear clues. There's not much more to do except give it a go and piece it together.

How much effort have you put into this so far? You need to really try to be able to understand it. And you need a keen ear. And probably also the ability to use multiple functions at once.

Perhaps my explanation is too Ti for you? Like, technically defined terms, when Fi+Te needs a different kind of explanation. If you're having trouble with the Ti of it, which is what it sounds like with "I don't name how I say things" (again, these names are just ordinary words, being applied in a new way, not something I did prior to trying to figure out this method. I don't have any speech or theater training.), then I don't know what other explanation would suffice.

Apart from timestamping, do you have any idea of how I can make this clearer/easier?

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
@Indigo Rodent

But these are just ordinary words in the english language... the thing is, you need to be able to hear things like direction. Is this my Ni+Se being used in combination? Perhaps. If you've tried listening to examples from my typing list, and used this guide to try and figure out the cues, and have failed, then I don't know what else you can do. I demonstrated the signals in my video, and while the volume is low, it's definitely audible if you turn the volume up. Could you understand visual reading? Are you more a visual learner rather than audio (whatever that means)?
I think it's a Fe-Ti vs Te-Fi thing. The whole voice signal reading is probably a manifestation of Fe's enhanced social abilities. As in I think you know it's emphasis because you have conscious Fe. I legit never classified speech like this.
To me it's more natural like, physical description of voice. I don't how to express it. Like I'm not aware what it does I'm aware how it physically sounds to me and then whenever it's pleasing or not.

Is Si forward emphasis, like the loud and obnoxious thing Si users seem to do?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
@Indigo Rodent

I didn't classify speech like this prior to attempting to voice type. I had a suspicion for a while that it could be done, but only when I attempted it did I start using words to describe it.

I don't know what you mean about loud and obnoxious Si. Forward emphasis is the way that a word is emphasised. They all do it. I don't know how to explain it other than saying that it's emphasis? Just check Si primary videos and listen for how they talk. The emphasis is clear.

Also, I don't really think this is that Fe related. I'm more using Ti+Se. Classifying sensory information. I don't know how you would do it as FiNe.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Also, I don't really think this is that Fe related. I'm more using Ti+Se. Classifying sensory information. I don't know how you would do it as FiNe.
I'm directive.

@Indigo Rodent

I didn't classify speech like this prior to attempting to voice type. I had a suspicion for a while that it could be done, but only when I attempted it did I start using words to describe it.

I don't know what you mean about loud and obnoxious Si. Forward emphasis is the way that a word is emphasised. They all do it. I don't know how to explain it other than saying that it's emphasis? Just check Si primary videos and listen for how they talk. The emphasis is clear.
Wouldn't "loud and obnoxious" overlap with "with coming at you"?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
@Indigo Rodent

All directives are directing their speech towards the audience.

Again, I don't know the phenomenon you're talking about.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I just want to point out that voice typing isn't really something I'm innately good at. New discovery is something I'm innately good at. So the fact that I can come up with something like this shows how talented I am, but the application isn't really my talent.

So, in saying that, there's no reason that others can't get good at this method. I did the hard part by discovering it, and the rest is just doing the work yourself of applying the method. You don't have to be NiFe to use this method; in fact, that's probably not the best type at using it. I'm using more Ti+Se than Ni+Fe with this.

Why is no one paying attention to this? This is a method of typing people in under a minute. It's extremely accurate. It proves things about the functions, like the pairing of opposite functions in the mind (Ni with Se and so on) as well as that the directive functions go together (Ni with Fe and so on) and so do the adaptive (Ti with Se and so on). So, it disputes OPS' animal theory, because that's just not what the voice shows.

I'm hear providing both a decently sized list of celebrities, as well as a fairly clear explanation of how to type. This is far superior to methods like Cognitive Type's vultology, and yet no one is giving it any mind. It's just so simple.

I could teach this method to someone who knows nothing about typology, and they could use it. So all you who think you know what you're talking about with this stuff, you could be showed up by a newbie who uses this method. So get learning. None of you know how to type, and it's just so easy.