• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you believe in absolute truth?

bedeviled1

I was undecided what topic to start this thread under because it encompasses all of them. The quest for truth seems to be a goal.that I will never attain. Not only in spiritual and moral subjects but in practically every aspect of my life their are daunting questions that seemingly have no answer. One of the philosophers said.something like...I know I am wise because I realize I know nothing...so, do you believe in absolute truth?

Reborn Relic

Damn American Cowboy
MBTI Type
INTP
You can't confirm the reality of anything, least of all ethics, but you can certainly observe the properties of this possible hallucination that exists in some form in your mind or out of it.

Though if the world isn't real, but something more than you is, you'd have to figure out what lies behind it somehow, and I couldn't even begin to tell you how to do that. Maybe we're all orbs that radiate energy fields in empty space that gravitate towards orbs that radiate energy fields of a similar kind. Or maybe we're creations of said orbs.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm pretty sure that I don't believe in absolute ANYTHING :unsure:

bedeviled1

You can't confirm the reality of anything, least of all ethics, but you can certainly observe the properties of this possible hallucination that exists in some form in your mind or out of it.

Though if the world isn't real, but something more than you is, you'd have to figure out what lies behind it somehow, and I couldn't even begin to tell you how to do that. Maybe we're all orbs that radiate energy fields in empty space that gravitate towards orbs that radiate energy fields of a similar kind. Or maybe we're creations of said orbs.

And your ok with that?

IndigoViolet11

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
I was undecided what topic to start this thread under because it encompasses all of them. The quest for truth seems to be a goal.that I will never attain. Not only in spiritual and moral subjects but in practically every aspect of my life their are daunting questions that seemingly have no answer. One of the philosophers said.something like...I know I am wise because I realize I know nothing...so, do you believe in absolute truth?

I do. What are you looking for?

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
What's an example of absolute truth?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Should we try?

Yes, the closer the better. With thag said we do need a method to go through life that causes truth to reveal itself. What happens is the absolute truth. We wont always understand it, but we should seek to try as long as it doesnt cause additional issues.

bedeviled1

Yes, the closer the better. With thag said we do need a method to go through life that causes truth to reveal itself. What happens is the absolute truth. We wont always understand it, but we should seek to try as long as it doesnt cause additional issues.

What's truth to one seems to be fallacy to another

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What's truth to one seems to be fallacy to another

Seems is a perception...all we have are perceptions. Truth is present though.

Is it worth it to find, is it worth the time and energy. Some are easier then others to find. Truths seem to be circular. They lead back to the same thing over and over. Truth is not logic, circular logic is bad. Emotional circle is bad as well.

bedeviled1

Seems is a perception...all we have are perceptions. Truth is present though.

Is it worth it to find, is it worth the time and energy. Some are easier then others to find. Truths seem to be circular. They lead back to the same thing over and over. Truth is not logic, circular logic is bad. Emotional circle is bad as well.

Ok, let me put it this way. There are many,many people that are sure that they know truth yet all of them believe something different. All of them will tell you"listen to me. I know I am right" if they all believe something different all can't be right if there is absolute truth. Only one can possibly be right.